[DE]Bear

Dev Workshop - Cannot Cast in the Air: Friend or Foe?

On 2019-04-05 at 8:07 AM, Numerikuu said:

Great for Trinity and some of the others. Harrow's Condemn on the other hand? It's awful. Completely breaks the flow of combat for him and also leaves him very vulnerable. His change needs to be reverted for now until a smoother animation can be put in place. Either that or make it like Trinity where it's just castable in the air/no ground slam ūüėē

Edit: A response from a friend who is a Harrow main who doesn't frequent the forums:

If anything, this change to Harrow forces him to be on the ground even more now for his Condemn to work right, and that ability is very important in his arsenal...

Going to do some testing tonight.  This has me concerned as I usually default to Harrow unless I need something specific and I really enjoyed how he originally played. 

26 minutes ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

Going to do some testing tonight.  This has me concerned as I usually default to Harrow unless I need something specific and I really enjoyed how he originally played. 

Apparently the recent patch update has fixed the issue:

Fixed Harrow Condemn slamming you to the ground if you are within 8m above it (before slam changes it only prevented cast when in air above 8m).

I've yet to test since I'm still updating, but my friend says it's much better after the patch ūüėĄ

I love the air casting, but where it matters most for me as a Mag player it ... doesn't do much.  Crush is (still) an ability I literally hate to cast.

maybe you can touch up the animations so it doesnt look like they are taking a step in the air like their on the ground, sorry it just looks, eh bad, but id looooove this to be a step towards the reworking on stances and movment animation, such as titania and making her walk animation a glide, like wisp will be

As long as Saryn exists as she is who much cares? No matter how you tweak other frames.... she's just going to outright leave them in the dust anyway.

Sooo who cares?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Say she had a shield function¬†that burst from her arm when she steps outside of the bubble of some of her musical abilities abilities.¬†Not sure if octavia's armor/foils can be modified into a unique set of energy¬†buckler & skates. Say the enemy targets her energy tank (-20mP *resevoir¬†damage, make dogs move faster and target resources [stealing bullets and resources] when they bite also subtract tank energy¬†‚Ěē¬†, ¬†Octavia should have tow or three strategies to escape and/or use these to her could¬†have some new animations sequences which allow her to play acrobatic music depending on her primary weapon.

depletes bullets but targets her >E< when she is firing single arm or one handed melee weapons, antransform this kinetic energy into a counter attack or mobile thruster,  crouching and aerial modifier for her acts.

Another idea is that she use breakdancing mid-air with the help of thrusters and her mandachrod in an interesting acrobatic way.

melee-stacking ability or a swish / counter attacks since you could enhance each of them using energy, or stance changes. Since you could technically summon an ability from prone or crouch they could feature a samba/modifier/bollero that could enhance all her acrobatics and shields interestingly, she has some body features which could vacuum or be used to counter and enhance. 

Octavia breakdancing like dante from devil maycry or bayonetta is a sexy improvement, but rightnow all she can do is toss a turr-in the wind, which doesnt have a direct impact on toss: ;is limited mandachord doesnt feature ballistic or defensive mods, bubs, or static eneleto her abilities and so is her music commandments tied to orbs, i think its a good idea to allow some of the games natural assets such as the resources / storms, changes in weather for instance could affect all abilities and eventually how the payout of missions and the enemies weapon's or AOE, since freezing and heat of enemy attacks barely strokes are very low key as a easy to dismantle laser turret robot, each planet just doesn't have enough technology playing arms to make the combatants hide for cover from bullets, vines or sticky sand, turbulence, in-air addition will help.

Acrobatics casting  or is in an area where there are no enemies like wall grappling abilities or passives that are added to the next melee attack could  stack on her forearms, as a counter attack or additional defensive turret, the roller is a difficult ally because it doesn't have transform into a weapon or stationary shield to give her more dynamics like vauban, am not sure where team attacks are going its not even in the checkerboard, but its worth adding some pet bonuses to other warframe abilities to make them more team worthy.

to use great arsenal 

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro