The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2019 Hema requirements... still too high.

Venatorio

I’m the only active player in a clan of 3 people, myself included. The Hema *STILL* requires 5000 mutagen samples to research. 

I’ve never farmed for mutagen samples, so I don’t know how easy they are to get. 

However, I’ve played the game for over 1000 hours, and I only had just over 1k samples to contribute. 

In 2019, are these clan requirements still too high? Or are they easy to farm, and I’m just dumb?

• Like 1

They have said they wont touch the amounts that it costs, I was able to solo farm it. When ever i got a resource drop or booster. I would spend 30 mins in derelict defense and leave with anywhere from 50-100. Its not ideal and I believe drops for mutagen samples got upped a bit after hema came out too.

16 minutes ago, Venatorio said:

I’ve never farmed for mutagen samples, so I don’t know how easy they are to get.  

However, I’ve played the game for over 1000 hours, and I only had just over 1k samples to contribute.

That's what you're missing. Mutagen Sample is not a resource that can be hoarded passively. Double boosters + Nekros + Smeeta and more people for more spawns (pref clanmates) and you'll be done in less than few hours even from scratch. I researched Hema in four different clans, mostly contributing, once solo and trust me it's not as bad as people think it is.

ODS and ODD are your only good options, and that's for you to judge if you and your team are good at speeding through waves in Defence or managing spawns in Survival.

Edited by Asphyxxia
  • Like 1

The requirements *are* too high. That hasn't changed, and it won't change until they're dropped by a factor of at least 10. Seriously: look at its costs compared to the other clantech items (Scoliac: 25, Cerata: 30, Mios: 25, Djinn: 60, Phage: 10, Hema: FIVE #*!%ING THOUSAND), and also compared to the prevalence of mutagen samples on the actual star chart (rarer than neurodes). I'm not subjecting myself to the soul-crushing grind required in order to get it. This is supposed to be a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

Me, I flat out refuse to touch it. I'm not funding it, I actually left my last clan because they finished it, and I'm damn well NEVER paying plat for it (or, for that matter, never giving a single penny to DE again).

Edited by DoomFruit

I fully agree: as someone who has in fact soloed all 5k Mutagen to research the Hema, I know for a fact that the requirements are far in excess of what is usually asked for in weapon research. As plenty have mentioned, unlike most costs involving dropped resources, the Hema can't just be researched through incidental accumulation of Mutagen Samples, because so few of them will drop for the player during regular runs that even years' worth of Mutagen will be insufficient. The only way to truly research the Hema is to grind missions purely for Mutagen samples, and while that can be fun the first few times, it becomes much less so on the next few dozen. It is therefore obvious imo that the costs for the Hema research are massively excessive, and so to no-one's benefit, which is why they should be reduced, likely by a factor of ten or even more.

3 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I fully agree: as someone who has in fact soloed all 5k Mutagen to research the Hema, I know for a fact that the requirements are far in excess of what is usually asked for in weapon research. As plenty have mentioned, unlike most costs involving dropped resources, the Hema can't just be researched through incidental accumulation of Mutagen Samples, because so few of them will drop for the player during regular runs that even years' worth of Mutagen will be insufficient. The only way to truly research the Hema is to grind missions purely for Mutagen samples, and while that can be fun the first few times, it becomes much less so on the next few dozen. It is therefore obvious imo that the costs for the Hema research are massively excessive, and so to no-one's benefit, which is why they should be reduced, likely by a factor of ten or even more.

I sometimes think stuff like Hema is DE's way off letting off some steam, truth be told. Because if you notice these crazy requirements only come at times when they community complains that there's nothing to do and raises a stink over it. Examples such as Hema (obviously), half the PoE pigments starting by Tower White, Cetus's decoration prices, Ephemera's drop chances, etc.

It does seem like DE is passive-agreesively saying: "Want content asap? Grab that and shush for a while". 

This is of course my mere opinion. I do not agree with these grind levels, I wish they were corrected, and I want them corrected as well, and I still love Warframe and DE. Just a small observation on my part.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I sometimes think stuff like Hema is DE's way off letting off some steam, truth be told. Because if you notice these crazy requirements only come at times when they community complains that there's nothing to do and raises a stink over it. Examples such as Hema (obviously), half the PoE pigments starting by Tower White, Cetus's decoration prices, Ephemera's drop chances, etc.

It does seem like DE is passive-agreesively saying: "Want content asap? Grab that and shush for a while". 

This is of course my mere opinion. I do not agree with these grind levels, I wish they were corrected, and I want them corrected as well, and I still love Warframe and DE. Just a small observation on my part.

So basically those things are balanced around some ridiculous 3thousand playtime vets, and we casual players(lol) are victims.

42 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

So basically those things are balanced around some ridiculous 3thousand playtime vets, and we casual players(lol) are victims.

You could say that, yes. It's just an opinion but that aside, facts are that some of these over-the-top requirements do come up in times where the community complains the most:

• Content Drought: Release content that makes players farm for a good while; Hema, Pigments, and other truly farmable stuff.
  • Complaints about lack of exclusiveness and endgame: Release content that's only on "endgame" modes (Arbitrations, Orbs, ESO) and put an rng wall to to it, as well as a crazy resource toll; Ephemeras as a status symbol.

And I state this as a veteran who has no trouble farming the stuff above. But I am also aware that I'm not the only one playing the game, and that these requirements are way too harsh to anyone that doesn't dedicate as much as I do. And that's why I'm so against "endgame whining" from bored people, because this requires most of the time sacrificing the casual and new players which are as needed for the game as veterans. The old "me first, I'm more important than everyone else" rant, I mean.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
  • Like 1

If only they add Mutagen mass sample drops in invasion mode just like the 6th anniversary mission with Argon crystal drop.

Derelict and Eris tilesets are boring as hell and I have too much nano spores from saturn to be bothered with.

Edited by Makemap

On 2019-04-03 at 5:02 PM, Venatorio said:

I’m the only active player in a clan of 3 people, myself included. The Hema *STILL* requires 5000 mutagen samples to research. 

In 2019, are these clan requirements still too high? Or are they easy to farm, and I’m just dumb?

It's definitely several orders of magnitude higher than anything else that requires mutagen samples. It's kinda like the sibear. 

You can do it especially if all 3 of you agree on doing it and dumping everything you get into the research. The main issue is that mutagen samples dont drop in especially large quantities from anywhere other than certain derelict maps which makes farming them pretty damn boring and you cant just passively accumulate them.

You can also just skip it. It's not a particularly good weapon especially with the selection we have these days.

Maybe try to purchase the BP from a clan that has it (I think that's allowed). 

I just saw in my Clan Infested research room that, instead of 5,000 Mutagen Samples, it now requires 5 Mutagen Masses.

...what?

Now my Clan, which consists of me, myself, I, and my niece, is stuck at over 1,500 Mutagen Sample contributed and no way to back out of it except to go forward and collect 3,500 more.  I've contributed nearly every Mutagen Sample I have ever gathered since it was a dropped item--that's over the course of years--and now this.  What the crap!?

2 hours ago, Brakkyn said:

I just saw in my Clan Infested research room that, instead of 5,000 Mutagen Samples, it now requires 5 Mutagen Masses.

...what?

Now my Clan, which consists of me, myself, I, and my niece, is stuck at over 1,500 Mutagen Sample contributed and no way to back out of it except to go forward and collect 3,500 more.  I've contributed nearly every Mutagen Sample I have ever gathered since it was a dropped item--that's over the course of years--and now this.  What the crap!?

No, that's the construction requirements.

18 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

No, that's the construction requirements.

Oooooookay.  Well, now I feel stupid.  I only looked at the Mass/Sample requirements and didn't double-check the other materials needed.  My mistake.  Thanks for pointing that out.

On 2019-04-03 at 11:02 PM, Venatorio said:

Dont cry, I have Mountain clan where is requirement 150k and we only have 13k contributed but our DEVS have great idea that we contribute bunch of rare resource which is really hard to farm. So, I think that I will need next 5 decades to start researching Hema!

Hema is not that popular weapon and is not even powerfull to be worried, but DEVS requirement for hema is awesome, they deserve Oscar for that idea!

4 hours ago, Basalto said:

I still don't understand what's the point of keeping Hema's requirements so high. It'd be understandable if it was a powerhouse like Lanka, but... pretty sure that's not the case.

"It'd be a disrespect to the clans which already farmed it" - DE_Steve.

Never mind that no one, farming Hema or not, cares about it. Even me, who farmed it twice, don't mind if the resource requirements are adjusted. But go figure. Heck, you could just refund the remaining Samples after adjusting to the clan vault and nothing would be lost.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx