Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Classic Palette Concerns

Fiedra

Now, this is coming from someone who has bought all of the palettes currently available in the game,
minus the ones that are tied to specific events I may have missed,
so this isn't from an upset newbie or anything, I just figured I should voice my interest/concern about this issue.

The Classic palette at the beginning of the game, is entirely restricted to the middle row,
with no possibility of unlocking it unless you pay the full price of an entire palette, which I believe may throw off beginners
into believing the game is pay to customize. I feel like this hostile design decision contrasts with the generosity DE usually showcases,
so i've come up with a solution that drums up more engagement from the player.

My idea is to implement a gameplay tie into unlocking at least the classic palette, like researching dojo pigments, but solo.
This could work for a handful of other palettes as well, but not all of them? Maybe the faction-adjacent ones,
which could be unlocked via amassing pigments dropped from the corresponding enemies of that faction,
like Corrupted could drop Orokin pigments that you could use to gradually unlock more colors from that palette.

I think this would make the game more engaging as you could always work towards the goal of unlocking new colors to customize your warframe with.
Then, when you're done, you'd probably be more interested in buying the paid palettes, since you got a lot of the colors through your own hard work!
Other ways of obtaining (some, but not all) palettes may include tying some of them to specific achievements or mastery rank increases.
Specifically, the Classic rows could unlock more early as you progress through the singular digit mastery rank tests.

• Like 1

Yeah no way I'd pay 'full price' for 80% of the product. 

I think f2p are a little short changed on the colours and I kind of feel they need a few more than just a single column when you start out. 

I could kind of see it being something you could buy with a future nightwave with 'wolf credits' (or whatever it's called) so you still have to work for it.

• Like 2