Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plz allow us to reset our storyline choices.

BabyKurama

So first when the cinematic quest came out all I cared about was a balance when I pick the choices, meaning I always picked the middle one sometimes without first looking at the the other options. But now I noticed that I maybe should have thought about what I picked a little more.

So it would be nice if there was a Story choice reset button that ether is a 1-time deal or costs 200p per reset.

Edited by BabyKurama

5 minutes ago, BabyKurama said:

So first when the cinematic quest came out all I cared about was a balance when I pick the choices, meaning I always picked the middle one sometimes without first looking at the the other options. But now I noticed that I maybe should have thought about what I picked a little more.

So it would be nice if there was a Story choice reset button that ether is a 1-time deal or costs 200p per reset.

Maybe give that option wen the choice system is relevant ? Still waiting for DE to do something whit it.

• Like 3

DE added the choices because "alignments" were all the rage when the quests started being developed.

Steve said he has no idea if they are even going to do anything with the system, cause they never even thought about it.

No reason to care what you pick, don't worry.

12 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

DE added the choices because "alignments" were all the rage when the quests started being developed.

Steve said he has no idea if they are even going to do anything with the system, cause they never even thought about it.

No reason to care what you pick, don't worry.

But there is some NPC that talk different to you after a quest. Like man in the wall after the war within

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Why? Your actions should have consequences. What would be the point if you could just change your answers at a whim?

Replay value.

The same reason why many ppl replay Mass Effect games. Seeing what would happened if you picked a different path.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Replay value.

The same reason why many ppl replay Mass Effect games. Seeing what would happened if you picked a different path.

That cant apply here since whatever you chose has no effect in the game, and I dont see DE making 3 endings or giving advantages, certain stuff or remove stuff based on your choices, because it would make players always go to X choice instead of making their own.

I believe the only choice we have made so far that has effect in the games story is the Glast Gambit one since each choice comes whit a different outcome to the Miconians.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

That cant apply here since whatever you chose has no effect in the game, and I dont see DE making 3 endings or giving advantages, certain stuff or remove stuff based on your choices, because it would make players always go to X choice instead of making their own.

I believe the only choice we have made so far that has effect in the games story is the Glast Gambit one since each choice comes whit a different outcome to the Miconians.

It doesn't have to give any advantage. At all. A change in lore is enough to increase replay value. The Glast Gambit is actually a quest that I would replay to get different lines from Helminth and whatnot.

• Like 1

Just now, JackHargreav said:

It doesn't have to give any advantage. At all. A change in lore is enough to increase replay value. The Glast Gambit is actually a quest that I would replay to get different lines from Helminth and whatnot.

Helminth gives you comments based on your alignment or if you are in Operator mode, it has nothing to do whit the quest.

My point was that the comparison didn't work, because 99% of our choices so far had no effect on the game, during War Within we are given 3 options  of situations that happened in the same context, and we chose the one we "think" we did, Consuming the Kuva or not also has no effect whatsoever, all that changes is the comments, same for the Grineer queen, she dies in all 3 options, the only option that actually has a change in someones fate is the Glast Gambit since it changes the destiny of Nimoa and the Miconians, but since we dont see him anymore its another useless choice box that doesnt affect the game what so ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BabyKurama said:

But there is some NPC that talk different to you after a quest. Like man in the wall after the war within

But it doesn't affect the game per se. Its not like you have access to different missions, or gear or anything.

They're just a remnant of part of the game that was never followed up...so don't worry about it.

Its a shame, cause I was really hoping the quest choices would lead somewhere, but it seems like its been parked for the foreseeable future.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

it changes the destiny of Nimoa and the Miconians, but since we dont see him anymore its another useless choice box that doesnt affect the game what so ever.

Have you ever played The Witcher 3? There is a character there known as the Bloody Baron. He's a drunkard bastard, which made some bad choices in life, and said choices led to both his wife and daughter abandoning him. He has info you're looking for, and he's willing to share if you help him look for his wife and daughter, as he seeks redemption in their eyes. Over the course of the quest line, you have, at several instances, options to either be harsh, by saying he brought it upon himself, or be forgiving, saying everyone makes mistakes. In the end of the quest line, there are two major possible outcomes for him, which I'll put in a spoiler box in case someone hasn't played the game yet and intends to:

Spoiler

1: You find out that for reasons irrelevant to the topic, his wife went mad, and he rescues her and departs on a journey to seek healing for her condition. This is often seen as the best outcome, even though his daughter refuses to come back to him.

2: His wife gets cursed and turned into a monster, and the transformation is irreversible, forcing you to kill her(it) in his presence. He delves into deep depression, and should you walk into his castle's courtyard, you'll find his body hanging from a tree in the middle.

Either path you achieve, will be the last you hear of him. It has no major impact on the remainder of the storyline, and from a pragmatic perspective, you shouldn't have much reason to care. But it's an RPG, with a great deal of lore, and it makes you feel the world around you. Not everything that happens is connected to the main plot, but it makes a difference for you as the player because you know that what you did changed his life's course, whether you're there to see it or not. It's the same with the Myconians. It's a matter of lore, not gameplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Helminth gives you comments based on your alignment or if you are in Operator mode, it has nothing to do whit the quest.

My point was that the comparison didn't work, because 99% of our choices so far had no effect on the game, during War Within we are given 3 options  of situations that happened in the same context, and we chose the one we "think" we did, Consuming the Kuva or not also has no effect whatsoever, all that changes is the comments, same for the Grineer queen, she dies in all 3 options, the only option that actually has a change in someones fate is the Glast Gambit since it changes the destiny of Nimoa and the Miconians, but since we dont see him anymore its another useless choice box that doesnt affect the game what so ever.

Your argument is that the system doesn't change a thing yet it changes a lot of things as you stated. It changes how certain things interact with or rather react to you. So your decisions did make changes to the word It's just that the change is not gameplay changing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I could argue that what you said makes a perfect argument why you should NOT have an option to replay stuff.

Making the choices you make un-redoable makes them matter more.

I wholeheartedly agree. What I was trying to say is that your choices actually matter, even if not from a gameplay/mechanics perspective. The only way to redo your choices should be starting over.

In case you're in doubt when presented with choices, you can always check out the Wiki. Of course you'll get spoiled, though, so beware.

I liked some quests, just because they are a good gaming experience and would like to replay them. It is a wasted content for no reason. Couldn't care less about Alignment and it doesn't appear DE cares either. Fix it on first pick or whatever.

20 minutes ago, ZelUrk said:

I liked some quests, just because they are a good gaming experience and would like to replay them. It is a wasted content for no reason. Couldn't care less about Alignment and it doesn't appear DE cares either. Fix it on first pick or whatever.

Eventually all old quests can be replayed. But it's a low priority compared to new and shiny. 

10 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I could argue that what you said makes a perfect argument why you should NOT have an option to replay stuff.

Making the choices you make un-redoable makes them matter more.

The game optinos however are different.
In The Witcher you can have a second save. That is not possible for Warframe on some platforms.
For Console we'd have to make a brand new PSN/XBL account (and pay for Plus/Live) in order to see the other outcomes.
We can't even delete our accounts from what I've seen. So there is no do-over.

That said a steep price (I say1000 - 3000 Platinum) would definitely prevent people from just resetting their choices. Thus retaining the "Your choices should matter." concept.
As I can't think of anyone who would think nothing of that price.
Right now as you're reading this you're thinking: "That is too damn much." That is exactly the point. It shouldn't be an easy decision/a decision taken lightly.

I'm all for allowing folks to reset/do over their choices but it needs to borderline feel like punishment & establish the mindset of: "I need to seriously think about my choices." mindset.

Pretty sure, but not 100% certain, that they mentioned at one point being able to alter/reset your alignment down the road if they ever chose to implement a reason for it. 

Right now, it just represents what kinda badge you have on your profile and dialogue with a very specific NPC. I don't think there is any harm in letting DE know it is still something some players think about, but I also wouldn't lose sleep over it. 

• Like 2

Full Moon 4 life. Lua brings us Strength!

I just wish DE did something more with the Sun/moon morality system. right now it just seems like something they added because it seemed fun at the time but have then abandoned it. when you also think The Sacrifice could have had the system and dialogue choices when talking to the Dax's father, in a quest that directly references the moon... just seems like a missed opportunity to me. IMO, the best chance we have at even seeing this system again is in the New War, we should have the final say on whether or not to forgive Lotus and bring her back to us, or let her stay with the Sentients. if that isn't a place to use the Sun/Moon system, then I don't know what is.

DE shouldn't be afraid to add some weight to the player's choices: especially since Cinematic quests can be replayed, which people will do more just to see what happens if they pick a different path.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Your argument is that the system doesn't change a thing yet it changes a lot of things as you stated. It changes how certain things interact with or rather react to you. So your decisions did make changes to the word It's just that the change is not gameplay changing.

It does not, because we have no consequence on our choices, once again, only the Glast Gambit one could be seen as such.

During War Within, independent of what you chose, your Operator wont be different from the others, his "past" isn't brought up again whit the choices you made, Drinking the Kuva, Controlling it or Destroying it also brings no impact to the game itself, at best you can say the only impact your aliment has is a few voice lines from the Helminth while in Operator mode, same for the Sacrifice, whatever you chose to tell Ballas or Umbra changes nothing.

The Choice system just gives you more dialogue options to give players a replay-ability feel so that they go back to the missions and chose those other choices to see what they say and if they give lore.

Apart from that, right now, sure it gives Helminth different Voice Lines and we dont end up seeing the final result of the Miconians even though we make a choice (since DE would need to change their result based on the players choice), but apart from that it doesn't impact the game at all, the Queen always dies, You always survive her control, The Void Demon always spooks you, Umbra always lets himself be pacified by you, Ballas always gets stabbed. It has no impact on the over all story of the game, or the gameplay.