Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another part of the POE Remaster: Economy Remaster Lite

[DE]Rebecca

OwO 

This is fine and dandy, but what about a cetus equivalent to debt bonds. 

Not only something to do for extra ostron rep other than fishing, but also a method of which we can purchase them from an npc to serve the same function as ticker. 

This would help players be less stretched for time and energy, buying them up with casually obtained cetus brand resources to casually rank ostron standing while they focus on other things like nightwave, clearing star chart, sorties, clan research, fortuna, etc. 

Perhaps a final justification for "POWDERS AND DYES". 

Thank goodness!  I'm one of the players who, despite playing this game for an unreasonable number of hours each week, has always seen the grind for Cetus Arcanes to be ridiculous.  Frankly, it meant that beyond earning enough rep and supplies for my Amp, I was done with Eidolons and the Quills.  But then Fortuna came, and I felt like I was actually capable of making cool things without farming for 6 different kinds of rare materials...just so I could make 1 of 10 arcane pieces to get the final arcane I actually wanted. I never had any Arcanes before Fortuna, and having them is neat, so it's great that these are becoming more accessible.

Now I'm looking forward to going back to Earth and exploring the content that didn't seem worth the rewards at the time.  It's really great that all the improvements Fortuna brought are making their way back to the Plains.  Bravo!

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

They don't - I'm sitting on about 10 myself. Will keep you posted if that changes.

Thats a shame- IMO the should be able to be converted to standing or SOMETHING, really hope this does get changed, where will we see an update to this (if there is one)?

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

They don't - I'm sitting on about 10 myself. Will keep you posted if that changes.

I forgot to add to my post earlier in the thread:-

3) Can my unbuilt Zaw Arcane BPs be converted into built ones please? That's the only thing I'd really request.

20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I understand Plains of Eidolon is on Earth, but these changes take away from the gameplay. Fortuna's acquired resources really don't have much of a use anywhere after getting your favorite Kitgun + Kitgun MR Fodder, K-Drives for MR, Amp prisms for MR + a Certus Brace. Plains of Eidolon had the uniqueness of going back to farm resources to get Arcane Enhancements. I recently finished getting all the Vox Solaris Arcane Enhancements (x1 Virtuous and x2 Magus) and it was just a time gate of multiple months of turning in Crisma Toroid. There was no depth into acquiring Vox Arcanes whereas Plains of Eidolon forced the player to build them. I was hoping Plains of Eidolon set a precedant, but it seems Fortuna did instead.

Will players be refunded the investment they put into this? Farming hundreds of Sentirum/Nyth/Shards/Fish/Standing took quite a chunk of time...

While I respect your opinion, it personally had the opposite effect for me.

Orb Vallis was a place I happily spent time in, knowing I was going to see rewards quickly, but PoE is a place that I pretty much never tried to grind for anything, because get that thing just took so long.

There is a reason that the only complete arcanes I have outside the ones from Tridolons are from Fortuna. Though I'm not excited with the implications of "everyone" having Magus Repair, I'm still glad that it's now something that I feel is achievable for me.

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

We're gonna need a whole bunch of "I did more work than you" sigils. 

I grinded out (and prebought) tons of these things too, and - like someone else said upthread - I'm glad others aren't going to have to endure that crap. 

Gamer entitlement is very real

8 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Of course not.

As usual, players invested time is not respected. This is not even a surprise anymore which is why I just refuse to do anything with even the slightest hint of grind or time sink in the game anymore. 

I know eventually everything will become easier without any effort on my part.

Maybe it is just a matter pf perspective but I grinded out several of the Cetus arcanes and the benefit I got a multiyear headstart. Personally, I am fine with that just as I was about raid arcanes being moved to Eidelons. I am also glad that other people won't have to spend a bunch of time running in circles around the plains to get whisps because that sucked and I would not wish it on anyone.

Sparing new players from what was a more tedious grind is a very welcomed change.

I for one DO NOT CARE if so called "time" and "effort" is lost to me. This is about the overall health of the game.

Comparing it to Fortuna and it's progression system, it became a very stark contrast comparing the two.

Streamlining everything and making things more convenient, excellent choice, bravo DE.

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.

Sounds fantastic. Grinding my two elevate sets was a horrid slog even with boosters, cats, and specialized wisp builds running. I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Removed Cetus Wisp costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Cetus Wisps from Amp Prism Blueprint, and replaced them with Fish Parts or Eidolon Gems.
- Reduced Standing cost of Cetus Wisps from Quills Offerings.

That's huge too.

I quite like everything I'm reading so far. This will definitely make some of the higher tiers of Cetus gear more accessible.

hace 33 minutos, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Hi all -

If you've been watching our Streams you'll know we plan to remaster the visuals of the Plains of Eidolon. You can expect this hopefully today on PC (stay tuned).

As a part of the Remaster Spirit, we have done a 'Economy Remaster Lite' on aspects of Cetus!

We are letting you know a head of time to plan or tell your Clanmates - information is everything :). Leave comments below once you've checked out the details. Here we go:

POE / CETUS ECONOMY REMASTER LITE:

Now that we have returned to Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon with a visual remaster, we are applying some Economy Remaster Lite changes in an effort to apply our continued learnings. These are essentially the improvements in the Fortuna economy, applied in our debut Open World of Cetus.

- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Changed Standing costs of Arcanes (lowest tier went from 2000 to 2500, highest tier went from 12.5K to 10K).
- Added sell price to Fish Meat (100 Credits per unit). Selling them makes sense to add for inventory purists as changes come for their uses.
- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.
- Reusable Fish Bait Blueprints can now be sold for 100,000 Credits. Relics of a different time for some, easy Credits for others.
- Zaw Handles now use Fish Oil instead of Fish Scales. Amount normalized to 50 units.
- Normalized Fish Part costs across Amp Part Blueprints - some had 5 rare parts, some had 2, now there's 3 needed for all.
- Removed Cetus Wisp costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Cetus Wisps from Amp Prism Blueprint, and replaced them with Fish Parts or Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Fish Scales costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Fish Parts.
- Reduced Standing cost of Cetus Wisps from Quills Offerings.
- Fish Oil can now be sold for 100 Credits.

Generally speaking, the Cetus Wisp changes are just to lessen the demand on Cetus Wisp runs overall.

The Update notes will have final details - check back for those later. Everything here is subject to change. Change is the name of the game - thank you for all feedback on our economies and for being receptive to greater change to Warframe for the benefit of all. Us early adopters know the drill.

WAIT WHAT?? TODAY????????

4 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

can u pls delete this post? I Wasted countless hours on farming and even hundreds of plat to buy some arcanes.I dont want other players to rush trough what i  suffered trough because that is first of unfair to all the people who did it at release and secondly makes POE less relevant if u can do what i did for months in a few hours.If u of course do what u just posted i feel like u should somehow players who did it first because  giving them just: hey u have everything after months of grinding but now its easier be happy. is a straight insult.I really think i should leave the game for a few years and come back when everything is easy to farm.

To offer a different perspective, you certainly did have to work harder than players will in the future to get these rewards, but you also got to user them more than a year earlier than those other players did.  It's not unlike buying a game for full price at release, instead of waiting a year to play it so you can save some cash.

Also, not sure why you want other players to "suffer"?  When something makes me suffer, I don't want to have to go through it myself, and I don't want others to have to go through it as well.  Surely less suffering makes the game better, right?

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What can we do with the Wisps now? They were required only to build these no?

@[DE]Rebecca What about some kind of refund? At least a partial one, or for those who built something recently. I've farmed over 600 Wisps during Exploiter just to build those Zaw Arcanes I was missing. Plus, I still need to build 7 of those BPs, which you already said won't get converted to already built Arcanes. I do appreciate those economy changes, but, it's not that respectful for those who farmed hundreds or thousands of those resources needed to build Amps, Arcanes, etc.
Hope you will change something about those things 🙂

This does seem like a change to 'cater for newbies' at the expense of those of us who were here earlier...

While I didn't waste resources on arcanes etc I wasn't going to use I have spent a fair amount of time farming for the resources of the ones that I did make. 

Mind you it won't be the first time changes to PoE shafted players, the first plague star I stocked up (ie farmed my behind off) on the plague star bp's for the arcanes only for DE to change arcanes to only need one set total instead of a set per weapon....

I do wish that DE would look at the 'long term picture' of something before releasing something new, these changes aren't done early enough after release to not have a large impact on those that actually worked hard getting things from the poorly thought original ideas.  A few days talking with people on the forum would have told you that farming resources only found in one place is not fun for most players, especially when they've not found anywhere else... hell fortuna could have had the some of the same resources as earth, but nope all new again....

This isn't the first time where DE have gone back and made things 'easier for newbies' at the expense of the 'veterans' and in all honesty DE should know better by now....

hace 35 minutos, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.

Will you giveme all the arcanes for all the blueprints i already had or i just wasted weeks of cetus standing farming? 

Are you serious right now? I literally just spent the last two weeks farming wisps and breaths of the eidolon like crazy to finally build all but one exodia arcanes, fully. Please give me back my time.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're changing the economy and costs for the better in PoE but damn, I'm angry because I just spent so many hours *RECENTLY* that I can't get back because I decided I finally wanted those Exodia arcanes in full.

Archived