Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Another part of the POE Remaster: Economy Remaster Lite

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Are you serious right now? I literally just spent the last two weeks farming wisps and breaths of the eidolon like crazy to finally build all but one exodia arcanes, fully. Please give me back my time.


Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're changing the economy and costs for the better in PoE but damn, I'm angry because I just spent so many hours *RECENTLY* that I can't get back because I decided I finally wanted those Exodia arcanes in full.

Edited by Silver_Shadow_Kaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.
- Reusable Fish Bait Blueprints can now be sold for 100,000 Credits. Relics of a different time for some, easy Credits for others.

Why not both? If you are going for standing you can spend the time getting other fish to make bait to catch the bigger fish. If you just want the fish parts, you can spend the standing on bait to get them.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a use for all the fish oil, fish meat and mapricos?  They did relatively little already, now they'll do even less.  Maybe we can make pet chow out of it to auto-feed to our pets to prevent the health decay + boost loyalty?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.

A big question for old players: this don't make my baits irrelevant right? I have 300 of each bait crafted like every friend of mine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what happens to the arcane blueprints that are just sitting in my foundry but not crafted already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

Are you serious right now? I literally just spent the last two weeks farming wisps and breaths of the eidolon like crazy to finally build all but one exodia arcanes, fully. Please give me back my time.

I've had to grind out a bunch of dolon breath, wisps, and fish guts to build my arcanes too, and despite that I'm thrilled to see that system is going to be dead and buried. Hindsight is 20/20.

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lored said:

What's about remowe Bait requirement for POE fishing? Make lower chance for spawn rare species like with OV servofish.

What about the players who went through the whole grind circles?

With regards to this issue,  and not directed at the author of the quoted post, do not invest in something in warframe if youre going to be upset when it gets ripped from your hands or becomes substantially less involved to obtain for players after youve sacrificed your job, relationship, limbs, and cat to obtain it. 

 

Things change in warframe, and many of those things that change are changes that happen 2 to 3 years after youve endured them and moved on. 

 

Such is the nature of SOON

°3°

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[DE]Rebecca So what do the arcane changes mean for the Glappid Seram Beetle Shell as these were only used to create arcanes?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the point of letting us know ahead of time when majority of players are done with this grind.

Feels like more salt in the wound after the already easier mat costs, bounty Rep increases, Bounty reward increases, Eidolon shard increase and Arcane drops after the fact most were done. This stuff should have been done literally a year ago. I read it and feels more like. "Look how easy it would be if you don't play our new content".

(Insert Hema meme Excuse)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THANK YOU SO MUCH DE!

Warframe will still have PLENTY of grinding to do, and these "open world" grinds are the worst of all since you're forced to do silly crap like minigames. The less there is that requires them, the better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, veryhighcholesterol said:

I've had to grind out a bunch of dolon breath, wisps, and fish guts to build my arcanes too, and despite that I'm thrilled to see that system is going to be dead and buried. Hindsight is 20/20.

I need to edit my post. I'm angry for the time I just seemingly lost if I had just waited a few more weeks. However, I'm glad they've reduced the costs and made the economy a lot easier to access.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

What's the point of letting us know ahead of time when majority of players are done with this grind.

Feels like more salt in the wound after the already easier mat costs, bounty Rep increases, Bounty reward increases, Eidolon shard increase and Arcane drops after the fact most were done. This stuff should have been done literally a year ago. I read it and feels more like. "Look how easy it would be if you don't play our new content".

(Insert Hema meme Excuse)

I like to think at least that a good reason for these changes would be adding to the reward options in future expansion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

A big question for old players: this don't make my baits irrelevant right? I have 300 of each bait crafted like every friend of mine.

You still need to use baits. Looks like they're just removing BPs from Hai-luk and replacing them with premade baits for sale (like in Fortuna)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well, all that hours spent farming went down the drain. That teaches us that we need to wait ~2 years after release of a new content before playing it.

  • Haha 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

What's the point of letting us know ahead of time when majority of players are done with this grind.

Feels like more salt in the wound after the already easier mat costs, bounty Rep increases, Bounty reward increases, Eidolon shard increase and Arcane drops after the fact most were done. This stuff should have been done literally a year ago. I read it and feels more like. "Look how easy it would be if you don't play our new content".

(Insert Hema meme Excuse)

Exactly. You know if you're a fan and vet of Warframe, you're generally going to happily grind out new content upon release. But it seems like it's easier to be rewarded just by not doing the new content and getting it easier down the line by simply ignoring i.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I like to think at least that a good reason for these changes would be adding to the reward options in future expansion.

 

It's won't though, It's just a play time extension tactic. They make the grind longer up front then easier over time.

They made Fortuna easier but then locked us off from getting Rep with the faction that mattered while also putting it behind RNG mat systems walls. I'm not saying the grind in either place couldn't be improved and streamlined it's more that I think it's done that way on purpose which annoys me and because it's on purpose it will never improve. Only be disguised better.

Edited by Xzorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sure, it would be easier to get a thing (say, an arcane) by just not doing the content for a couple years and then getting the now-with-less-grind arcane. But you also don't get the thing for two years. If you want to jump in 1-2 years after release, that's a viable plan, but you accept that you'll be 1-2 years behind the curve.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about arcane blueprints we already have? Ive had so many that I haven't crafted due to the wisp costs...
 

Spoiler

48f4ad2edc.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the idea to build the baits with things from the plains those fishes would eat, at the same way I like the idea of fortuna fishes to require something different because they don't eat.

I guess I'll just stack as much of baits as possible (even if I have barely use for them anyway)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So those Cetus Wisps, fish parts, Nyth, Sentirum, and standing.....all gone. All of that work, if you add this update, will have been worthless. That's not even hyperbole, hundreds of hours of work, bounties, running around at night with the Itzal. Mining and fishing for hours on end. Vallis is extremely better than the plains design wise. I agree, but update the bounties to make them as good as the Vallis. Don't take all of our work and throw it in the garbage. I just bought 9 exodia force bps and spent all of that standing. I don't even want to build them, don't even want to look at them.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all -

- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.
- Removed Cetus Wisp costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Cetus Wisps from Amp Prism Blueprint, and replaced them with Fish Parts or Eidolon Gems.

 

This.. is awful 😕   I mean, I understand how these things make the game's now older content more approachable to returning players, but you are doing it in a way that is a huge kick in the crotch to all of your veterans who have invested so much. (Time, resources, etc). You need to find a way to repay / thank the vets for their participation in this old system if you're truly just removing so many hours of playable content for the endgame grind.

 

You could easily just have reduced the required wisps for items from 10 ~> 2 and still have the content be viable / necessary, then refund some wisps to players somehow. Still a dsck move, but you have to see how this looks bad to your long-term players.

Edited by Kino8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

Exactly. You know if you're a fan and vet of Warframe, you're generally going to happily grind out new content upon release. But it seems like it's easier to be rewarded just by not doing the new content and getting it easier down the line by simply ignoring i.

 

Yea, that's been a continuing thing with Warframe. As a player you feel discouraged from doing new content because you know it'll be easier later.

Event rewards? Meh they'll be back and also prolly easier to get.

Rift Sigil is a great example of that one. It was Event only, then 0.5% drop rate, then they just gave it away. RIP anyone to grind hours for that Sigil. It's hard to get hyped over new content when you know by past experience you'll probably get around half your investment ruined by easier outcomes later on.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Akula_Rose said:

So those Cetus Wisps, fish parts, Nyth, Sentirum, and standing.....all gone. All of that work, if you add this update, will have been worthless. That's not even hyperbole, hundreds of hours of work, bounties, running around at night with the Itzal. Mining and fishing for hours on end. Vallis is extremely better than the plains design wise. I agree, but update the bounties to make them as good as the Vallis. Don't take all of our work and throw it in the garbage. I just bought 9 exodia force bps and spent all of that standing. I don't even want to build them, don't even want to look at them.

Agree, 100x's agree.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have maxed my Fortuna standing and I really enjoyed the variety, but I never got around to maxing Cetus standing or grinding for Cetus gear.

Finally, I will actually do most of the content there. THANK YOU!

Also, waiting on those FLOOFS and maybe even bonus objectives to bounties like Fortuna?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for "new players" their experience would be better then mine and that's ok ^_^

to my hard work/dedication/passion on crafting those arcanes, rolling those nerfed rivens    YIKES

 

Am i a joke to u 😛

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...