[DE]Rebecca

Another part of the POE Remaster: Economy Remaster Lite

As someone who literally JUST finished crafting my quills arcanes, and am almost done with Cetus arcanes, I am incredibly saddened by this, and, understandably, quite frustrated. However, I chose to do that grind, so I can't be angry. I am immensely grateful for these changes, as I lead a Ghost clan that helps new players for extended periods with grinding for different things, and these changes will ensure I never have to repeat that grind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

Quoted by [DE]Reb... *blows noisemaker*

... *stops blowing noisemaker*

...I have about... oh, forty. I really hope that changes...

Oh boy... I have 240 Blueprints sitting at my inventory. I'm going to be really mad if they don't change it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MrPyro96 said:

I really hope this changes, I'm sitting on 28 Bp's currently. That's 350K standing wasted unless I still grind out the boat load of materials for them. I hope Breath of Eidolon gets easier to farm too. That's 280 breath or 140 drops I'll need

I'm sitting on 140 arcane blueprints + I've already crafted full rank 3 sets of all Quills and all Hok arcanes (and some even twice (eg. Elevate)). (These 140 uncrafted ones were part of plans for making 2 of everything that I haven't finished.)

To not convert them to full blown arcanes or at least provide a way to get the standing back is going to be very disappointing. I'm trying to be extremely diplomatic in my wording right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Removed Cetus Wisp costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Cetus Wisps from Amp Prism Blueprint, and replaced them with Fish Parts or Eidolon Gems.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Please, think of the players unable to group up due to being behind a poor connection, or who can't stand the toxic environment of Eidolon hunts, and don't lock away more content behind Eidolons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Superbun said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Please, think of the players unable to group up due to being behind a poor connection, or who can't stand the toxic environment of Eidolon hunts, and don't lock away more content behind Eidolons. 

Eidolon gems are just another word for the rare gems you get sometimes from the gem spots when mining. No fighting required! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Superbun said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Eidolon Gem are Sentirum and Nyth.

• Like 1

there is 2 poits of view of this.
New players will be happy about it because they dont need to farm more.
In the other hand older players who are already pissed about riven changes, lack of high level modes and now the time and dedication for those that farmed the arcanes mean nothing.

No wonder why warframe keeps bleeding players so badly...

i really understand the changes and see the benefits of it and why it was done, but i'm also a 6 yo player and feel like i farmed all of that for nothing and my time was just wasted doing something useless now.....i'm happy but sad at the same time... time to leave warframe for another 6 months.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Superbun said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

This is an understandable confusion.  Eidolon gems are not Eidolon Shards, they are Nyth and Sentirum, which can be mined on the Plains of Eidolon with either the Advanced Nosam Cutter or the Sunpoint Plasma Drill 🙂

You don't need to fight Eidolons to get them, just some mining with the appropriate equipment (and Sunpoint is really easily acquired at Fortuna).

Edited by Andvarja

Maybe they will add relic packs in cetus standing. 

Posted (edited)

So why exactly wasn't this change proposed well before Fortuna was released? Cuz there's a lot of damage already done with the brutality that was old plains will no anticipated compensation. Letting something like this sit for this long then bringing it up to standard when there was plenty of time to do so before now is not okay.

Add one to the pool of disappointment (but still looking forward to it)

Edited by Totterson
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

so, @[DE]Rebecca, to accomodate those players who own already alot of the arcane blueprints, how about changing the blueprint-costs at the same time to, for example, credits only? so the players owning blueprint to not feel kinda shafted?

that way players who want to own the BP for collecting purposes could just keep them, and the others don't have the crafting malus compared to just buying the arcane for standing...

Edited by MarshallBanana0815

Having done my part of the grind and knowing how painful it is, I welcome this change fully. Of course, looking back at all the resources, and mostly time, spent doing it, it's easy to feel bitter about it. But in the end you can't deny that this streamlines Cetus progression a lot, which I struggled with greatly as the grind was most certainly real. I had to take many breaks from doing it. In the end, PoE still has tons of grind to offer with its Eidolon drops, people won't have a need for things to do despite these changes.

Fortuna felt a lot more smooth, I feel like I completed the content and rewards I cared about just as the fun factor started to hit diminishing returns. Side activities helped greatly as well.

In my opinion, some of the rewards for spending so much time and resources on PoE content just felt very underwhelming and "not worth it". This seems a lot more adequate.

Good change!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Totterson said:

So why exactly wasn't this change proposed well before Fortuna was released? Cuz there's a lot of damage already done with the brutality that was old plains will no anticipated compensation. Letting something like this sit for this long then bringing it up to standard when there was plenty of time to do so before now is not okay.

Add one to the pool of disappointment (but still looking forward to it)

another big drop on the massive lake of things that they done to older players....  i understand why they do this, but it does not make it less disappointing....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.

cool

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.

- Reusable Fish Bait Blueprints can now be sold for 100,000 Credits. Relics of a different time for some, easy Credits for others.

dislike this one really. Thats what I disliked on fortuna the most. This plus taking in account the not so good spawnrate of the fishes plus their (corious its only for the rare fishes) buggy hitboxes and overall likehood to swim in the ground and not water.

• Upvote 2

Il y a 1 heure, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

- Added sell price to Fish Meat (100 Credits per unit). Selling them makes sense to add for inventory purists as changes come for their uses.

- Fish Oil can now be sold for 100 Credits.

And what about Breath of the Eidolons ? because we have a loooooooot of it 🤔

Damn it, why do I see this now after just having bought 10 arcane blueprints!

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

As expected, the grind game becomes less grindy.

I wonder if DE is gonna make Eidolons drop cetus resources and gems as well.

Edited by Guest

Thank you SO MUCH for lessening the need for Cetus wisps, I had to sprint around the plains with a custom Loki build getting 2 or 3 at a time since loot radar doesn't apply to archwing or k-drives.

I previously purchased full sets of every arcane blueprint from Cetus, most of them I have yet to craft still so they're sat in my inventory. 
If they aren't planned to be converted into built arcanes, I really hope they can be converted into something to get the standing back from them. 

• Upvote 1

Close the quill shop, convert all arcane bp to arcane then reopen quill shop, would be an easy way to solve this issue of time invested being lost as many of us invested time and effort to get those arcane bps and to sell them off for creds which is not what I’m willing to do. All the resources now that are useless also needs proper addressing as that was also time invested being stolen not taken away. I chose to invest my time farming the resources to get what I needed and to just see it become redundant it not easy to swallow. 

I am happy for who have it easier now don’t get me wrong but my time should be valued as well and not just over looked and brushed under the rug. I grind for standings and resources to buy and craft those Cetus arcanes including the plague star arcanes, I haven’t crafted all of them as yet and if I now have to sell them for creds what was the point grinding for them in the first place? I don’t need creds! I hated fishing but in the end enjoyed it as I found fun doing it, I enjoyed crafting my bait and going fishing, not going to the bait shop, buying bait with my standings as it is in fortuna but hey I did that too. 

I have no problem with any of the new changes apart from the arcane bps sitting in my foundry, what do I do with all the rare fish parts? Where do I get back my time invested in grinding for those arcane bps when I should have clearly been spending it in the index because apparently I need creds not standings.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this. If we could get our owned arcane BPs converted to arcanes, that'd be great. I have some exodia BPs that have been sitting there since plague star first happened because I have more fun things to do than just run around lakes hoping i can run over something. Would love to be able to use em

22 minutes ago, Superbun said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

I wasn't aware that eidolon gems were locked behind eidolons themselves. I just mine sentirum and nyth then convert them to radiant in my foundry.

I have like 10 arcane bps I could never build cause of 100 cetus wisps, does this mean my bps are now just arcanes or will I simply have these brick bps

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

MPORTANT EDIT:
We have found a way to convert all outstanding dormant Cetus Arcane Blueprints in inventories into the crafted Arcanes on Login when the update ships. This will happen automatically. Any builds in progress will be left alone to finish. This means if, for example, you have 1 x Magus Elevate Blueprint, it will convert into a 1 x Magus Elevate on Login. This applies to Exodia and Virtuos too.

• Like 12
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 31
  • Upvote 8