Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blinding effect when picking up focus orb

Iludra

Not sure if this is intentional, but there's this blinding, blurry sort of effect when picking up focus orbs. The effect reminds me of when you're fighting Phorid and it shrieks so your screen goes all blurry and you can't see much, but for just a second. It also happens to a lesser extend when another friendly buff hits you (noticed with Volt's speed or entering Limbo's rift).

I don't understand why positive effects result in a negative type of display - I tend to associate blurred vision with something that's harmful. It's really distracting and makes me want to not pick up the focus orbs and avoid being buffed by team mates. 

Any chance this could be removed or replaced with an effect that has more positive associations?

Bloom has nothing to do with it. I haven't changed my settings in ages, and this effect is relatively new.

My point is not that I find it too intense, it's that it's a jarring experience - I'd expect positive effects in game to have a "positive" UI feedback. Current effect is more suitable for a damage or curse type of situation, not a buff.

Can confirm this happens with Loki and Ivara when casting Invis, Volt when casting speed, and any time I pick up a Focus orb.

It makes it almost impossible to see and I'm constantly running into walls as Volt now. I know that it's an effect that used to occur on cast, but now it last like a second or two too long.

It also happens when I'm playing Mesa as well. I know this ability has a blurry effect to it, but I don't ever remember it being THIS bad.

I'm standing still here...

Spoiler

nfwj2fV.png