Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who are you going to use the Umbral forma on?

SECURATYYY

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

why would I use it on any frame as long as Tau is not a thing yet, potentially wasting important upgrade potential?

It's not like you're losing anything by using it. If Umbral forma were intended to matter or be a major part of the game, they'd be around as abundant as normal forma. Rather than a once-per-10-week-interval reward.

[Edit]

To OP: Chroma maybe, or Garuda, if I use it at all. Frankly, forma'ing warframes is just about the thing I dislike the most in the game and keep it to a minimum.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

Assuming I even manage to get that far?  Probably no one.  I haven't maxed out the Umbral mods both because it's incredibly expensive and because the only way they fit in many of my Warframes at all is if they're at less than full power.  The only way the Umbra Polarity would be something I would use is if I could apply at least one to each of my Umbral-themed frames.  (I mostly built an additional copy of each normal or Prime frame to use Umbral mods on, rather than lock myself into a single build for every other frame.  Warframe slots don't cost that much.)  I'd need access to something like 40-ish Umbral forma to even consider raising the Umbral Mods to their maximum rank.

But that's just me.

Just now, SECURATYYY said:

Oberon, Valkyr, Saryn, Inaros, Ash, Garuda, Khora?

Or, Wukong.

I'd personally put Wukong last.  He desperately needs a rework, and honestly I don't see the point in locking him into a specialized Umbra build *at all* until we have some clue when (if) he'll ever get one and what it would look like.

Wait until we have the ability to use it as an orbiter decoration.

The forma wasn't necessary to make umbral builds in the first place. I couldn't be bothered to make the build then and I sill can't be bothered to make it now.

15 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It's not like you're losing anything by using it.

I am losing the Umbral Forma. unless it's not used up, then I'll forma every frikkin thing under the sun, even if it doesn't have maching mods

I was thinking in Chroma Prime so I can add 10 seconds to my Vex Armor on my Eidolons build or well a lot of ehp if I go for the 3 umbral mods, but now that I got it I think I'm gonna wait untill New War in case we get the Tau System and if we gonna kill sentients I wanna know which frame is gonna be the best for that matter.

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll