[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.6.0

Posted (edited)

Yes!!!

As someone who invested a lot in farming tons of stuff for Plains, I am telling you that retrofitting Plains to have the more reasonable farming seen in Fortuna was the RIGHT choice.  I do not care in the slightest that I "wasted" all those hours and resources.  In my opinion they were not wasted, as it was the appropriate investment for the time (when we had no way of knowing things would become easier later), and I hope other players are willing to see it that way too.  What matters far more to me than any "wasted" time or resources is that no new player exploring Earth the first time has to be dropped face-first into seeing a grindfest so extraordinary as Plains had been in the past and that the optimizations in Fortuna make it back here.

I am so excited.  Now that I don't have to farm Cetus Wisps for arcanes, I can actually experiment with new Zaw arcanes for the first time instead of just jamming Exodia Force on everything (the most worthwhile for me before since I prefer status Zaws).  Before, the sheer immense farming effort involved to get the Wisps was so onerous I made that one arcane and was just done and over with Wisps.  I have a renewed desire to do Plains activities for standing now to get myself new arcanes to test out!  Even if I don't keep using them, I no longer have to do something as painful as wisp collection to get them so I can easily just try them for fun!

Thank you, DE.

EDIT: Once concern though - the Radiation burps on the Thermia fractures.  Things like a Radiation sortie are one thing, where you can plan around it and know it will be active the entire mission.  These are temporary effects that pop up without warning, it seems.  These are going to catch people off-guard and end up with a lot of players one-shotting each other.  Worse, fractures are a mobile defense type mission so there is a high probability of players one-shotting the defense objective and instantly failing with no warning or way to prepare.  I would recommend removing that hazard ASAP, personally.  It just seems like a move that will cause a lot of player stress and finger-pointing rather than a meaningful challenge.

Edited by Maganar
  • Like 1

Ruined those good riven to push other trash weapons riven up , that's what you did , unbelievable. 

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Catchmoon's projectile will now only collide with world geometry when the center of it hits.

oh my lord this is the greatest change this update.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed High graphics setting to set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x instead of 8x. Added a faster 2x Anisotropic Filtering setting and removed the 16x option to save people from themselves.

Why? Anisotropic Filtering has a VERY minor performance hit, only a couple frames at most, at least on my GPU. I feel like there's no real reason to remove the option.

I mean, it hasn't really been removed, I can just force it in Nvidia control panel, but it seems like a weird thing to change.

The drops from the Thumpers are very much appreciated! It was a lot of fun learning how to take them down as well.

Posted (edited)

I was pretty excited about dual energy colors until I noticed on testing that a lot of energy colors are still defaulting to the standard blue when you are client. Power effects, weapons trails, abilities... it's consistently reproducible as it always happens on the same type of effects but not all. like the Gram prime weapons trails, zenurik lightning bolts, Baruuk's exalted fists (the motifs on his fists, not the energy waves or particles) and many more. Without exaggerating it's happening to at least a third of the effects I tested and it's a long standing bug so it would be awesome if that could finally be adressed, especially as it is now twice as noticeable. :sadcry:

Thanks!

Edited by lukaself

Why change the baits back to costing standing? It's much cheaper and easier to just craft them instead of paying the standing for them.

• Upvote 3

• Fixed turning invisible if you shake hands with someone while the Skiajati is equipped.

Wait, you could do that? Can this be made into a feature instead? I doubt it could be abused that much.

KORRUDO

From Bull or Doma only? Spent ~2 ish hours and only seen 1 bull 0 doma and a bunch of Thumper. 😞 Felt so tedious. They are not challenging nor adds anything new, sorry.

It would have been cool if at least added as Ghoul type bounty or some organised sort than running around and searching for an entire map just to see it's another Thumper... 

Only changes I don't like are those to the Knell. That gun has a very special feel to it that I prefer was preserved. As for its passive with Harrow, what about Punch Through or highlighting the heads of enemies?  

What about Warframes without signature weapons? Could they get one? Be it a new one, or an existing one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Arcane BPs are gone with no Arcanes to show for them.

Thanks for the Landing Craft interior update! Much needed!

Ogris

• Area-of-Effect damage reduced from 600 to 400.

was this really necessary? 

• Like 2

Signature Weapon Changes:

Having a ‘signature’ weapon now actually benefits you! There are still a few signature weapons that will receive this treatment (Scourge, Hystrix, etc).

Is Skiajati considered a signature weapon of Excalibur Umbra? Will it receive any benefits?

Up close the New plains is looking quite good. But sadly there seems to be a lot wrong with the render distance right now.

• Like 1

OMG thx DE wonderful work, but:

will this be a parted update(like fortuna) or is completed?

1 hour ago, Agamemnicon said:

Fishing at all in a space ninja game is stupid, imo (surely with all the weapons and technology at our disposal, we could find a better way to get fish out of water?)  But since it exists, and that won't change, I'm in agreement with your distaste for the update.

Bait blueprints felt right.. something you obtained that could be reused, often enough with fish parts you had already anyway.  Having to expend standing to just outright buy more bait feels.. annoying and wrong.

I agree. I much prefer the blueprints. I do not want to spend rep like in Fortuna. 

what about frames that have no signature weapons? i dont want to be left out

Will all the warframes eventually get signature weapons? I really like this idea.

Posted (edited)

Restored ability to have Baruuk's Desert Wind slam pull enemies instead of pushing them by holding block/aim key.

Umm there is no block/aim key for melee?  How do you do this?

*edit* figured it out, right click still counts as block for the purposes of combos and Baruuk's slam so you aim down sights of weapon, hold the button then you melee, it feels... weird.

Edited by MrPing1000

vor einer Stunde schrieb Maganar:

Yes!!!

As someone who invested a lot in farming tons of stuff for Plains, I am telling you that retrofitting Plains to have the more reasonable farming seen in Fortuna was the RIGHT choice.  I do not care in the slightest that I "wasted" all those hours and resources.  In my opinion they were not wasted, as it was the appropriate investment for the time (when we had no way of knowing things would become easier later), and I hope other players are willing to see it that way too.  What matters far more to me than any "wasted" time or resources is that no new player exploring Earth the first time has to be dropped face-first into seeing a grindfest so extraordinary as Plains had been in the past and that the optimizations in Fortuna make it back here.

I am so excited.  Now that I don't have to farm Cetus Wisps for arcanes, I can actually experiment with new Zaw arcanes for the first time instead of just jamming Exodia Force on everything (the most worthwhile for me before since I prefer status Zaws).  Before, the sheer immense farming effort involved to get the Wisps was so onerous I made that one arcane and was just done and over with Wisps.  I have a renewed desire to do Plains activities for standing now to get myself new arcanes to test out!  Even if I don't keep using them, I no longer have to do something as painful as wisp collection to get them so I can easily just try them for fun!

Thank you, DE.

EDIT: Once concern though - the Radiation burps on the Thermia fractures.  Things like a Radiation sortie are one thing, where you can plan around it and know it will be active the entire mission.  These are temporary effects that pop up without warning, it seems.  These are going to catch people off-guard and end up with a lot of players one-shotting each other.  Worse, fractures are a mobile defense type mission so there is a high probability of players one-shotting the defense objective and instantly failing with no warning or way to prepare.  I would recommend removing that hazard ASAP, personally.  It just seems like a move that will cause a lot of player stress and finger-pointing rather than a meaningful challenge.

...as DE showed the literal finger to all these corrosive loadouts with the fight versus Wolf Of Saturn Six, it again stimulates your gaming senses: how can I avoid radiation procs in advance... maybe bring a carpet Oberon to these new thermia fights and lay down the magic ( which lay ironically in the past ) or think outside the box... you all wanted change and challenge , now you get it and you complain and worry... cannot be that you are all that whiny. 

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Significantly reduced the Wolfs tankiness.

But.... In the last few weeks, I've only encountered the Wolf like four times. I thought his spawn rate would increase significantly?

Like my face, I don't feel it. xDD

Posted (edited)

What's the point of having breath of eidolons in the game anymore, the things that use them most aren't zaws but cosmetics. Eidolon lens use them but only 5. As do the very few zaw parts that use them. 

I've seen people complain of getting them in the bounty and I explained they are useful for "farming plat" making crafted arcanes and selling them since most players don't want to put in the time for it.  But now that all arcane are fully crafted now, I can't say that anymore and worse yet I now agree with them. I don't mind that prices have tanked as even farming and selling arcane was a chore. I do mind that there's now a pretty useless drop in teir 5 cetus bounties now. 

Edited by Fire2box

So you fixed Ivara's cloth, but please give her back her stealth bullet-jump too.