[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.6.0

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

All Operator souls that have become trapped in K-Drives this way are regrettably unrecoverable and Digital Extremes wishes you well in your new life.

Lol, freaking classic

Thanks for the changes to casting abilities while airborne esp Trin's.  Does this mean you can't "opt out" of Nidus' virulence when holding the ability key (to see where the path will be) and jumping anymore?

That effigy change didn't do any favors to that button, I'll tell you that much for a dated power.

Posted (edited)

anyone notice any difference in colour changes for weapons and frames when using secondary colours? cuz i dont. Idk if its just cuz its late in the morning lol

Edited by Purity

i like what you did on the plains and the new ice buble frome the grineer but when i go to my dojo the trees are changet to frome green to brun that is not realy what i like

But you can't change arcanes from built with farmed resources to bought. That's disrespecting all those who farmed up the resources to build their arcanes.

i dig the update! didnt think that plains would get this much love or some of the other visual effects that were finally fixed ❤️

only found 2 small things so far that didnt work out as listed:

cuthol bait blueprint is still not sellable (all the others were)

the lohrin brace blueprint i already own still requires 20 cetus wisps (guess why i didnt build it yet XD), maybe this also affects other bps that were aquired previously.

good stuff! but my K-drives thrusters docent color with the rest of the K-drive.

Fixed the orb vallis drones respawn with full health and shields after host migration- nice, but the same issue with the eidolons is still exists. Pls fix that too.

I am grateful with the changes and updates but apart from the equinox prime access there is nothing to buy. Why buy platinum?
Sell more.

I never write anything in these update notes, even though I always read them! But I just logged in to say that the update is amazing and thanks for the hard work!! 

• Like 1

The new customization of the energy color is beautiful, truly beautiful!

A great update overall!

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Recently we have seen the introduction of the Melee Rework: Phase 1 (which is still in progress), but as an interesting side effect, we have found that [...]

Man you got me almost excited there for a moment, because I thought you were about to say  "we have found that many players prefer the classic old melee system, so we are giving players the option to switch back to it."

but I liked 16x anisotropic filtering :c

love everything else though, great update

Posted (edited)

They destroyed the economy of the arcanes, right now their prices are on the ground. all the hours and weeks of farmeo to make arcanes in order to trade them went to the trash and without talking about all the collected material that also goes to the trash. I think it's great that for new players it is easier to acquire all the equipment and items of cetus which was not difficult prior to the update, but on the other hand it is unfair for players who had already unlocked all before the update and invested even more time and effort to be able to trade these items, that is my opinion as to the rework of the acquisition of the arcanes.Regarding the graphic rework they did to the plains, it seems great to me. It was a pleasant surprise, they did a great job.

It would also be good to fix some of these graphics in cetus, I do not know if it's just me, but I think it is necessary to improve the shading a bit and add some reflections on some surfaces that almost do not have, such as the plains gate that is close to konzu, the other doors look better in comparison but in general the rework in cetus also look great.mQ0oUQ4.png

Edited by ArmandoNoctis

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added a faster 2x Anisotropic Filtering setting and removed the 16x option to save people from themselves.

But why? What the hell? I want 16x filtering...

I generally only come to forums when something goes wrong to complain or provide (what I hope is) constructive criticizm. This once however, I feel like adding my voice to the praise, because this update for the plains is pretty amazing. I mean, the changes don't look huge, but boy can you feel them as you play.

I'll be honest, the current plains conservation is more fun than conservation in gortuna. Just feels way mire natural tracking down animals in their daily life rather than using the pipe to call them to you. Just wish there was a way to track them down, like through footprints, or smell, or through knowledge of their habitats. More like an actual hunter than the "use this pipe to call animals" thing.

Amazing update either way. Didn't look into changes outside the plains yet though.

You Nerfed the Ogris Basedamage by over 33% ??? Let that sink... a gun which nobody used except me and what? 5 or 6 other players ? This weapon has even with riven medicore damage output and it has so many flaws that the upsides not realy matter at all. This thing kills you in an instand, the Ammo pool is 30, the reload time is huge, heavy caliber mod did not calculated right since this mod exist, you cant use it in small spaces, Critical Chance is is nearly non existent, the area is now bigger sure this is nice but also the risk of selfdamage  killing is higher, high status chance means nothing by this slow Reload / Firerate or that amount of "bullets"... *slow clap" its back in the stoneage again... ffs i cant believe it DE ...33% xD  ... whats the big idea ? To make a Ogris a big version of the Seer?... how about you reduce the damage a bit more like ... 80 or 90% and than make a melee weapon out of it ...maybe Condition Overload can save that gun.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

can't sell the cuthol bait. I've already sold the rest.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Arniox said:

But why? What the hell? I want 16x filtering...

Well Just override it with your gfx card settings. All my ingame settings are overridden in my gfx card control panel.

I did like the bait tho. The change is fine for folks already at max standing but now I have to fork out my hard earned standing for bait. I'm still downloading the patch tho on my arfrican time dsl line so Ill make my conclusion when im inside. If its just one bait that only last for like a min or two for 500 standing for instance its gonna suck

Edited by Osculim
addition

Ogris is finally semi-auto and feels like a proper rocket launcher! I was literally thinking about this a week a ago... and now it's changed! Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I'm amazed at the enthusiasm so many fanboys are showing for this mailine when in real we really got what ?

There's basically no new stuff except for more fluffs lmfao, some minor perks to some weapons, a new enemy fight which is absolutely boring for what rewards ? resources which even the low to average player may have collected already and blueprints for one less than exciting weapon.

Some perks to thermia fractures...bloody hell that's fat.

Built arcanes...which should have been a thing when fortuna launched.

A few abilities that can be casted in air...( that's really a fat chunk of "content" there )

The VISUAL remaster ok it's good but it's no content.

Wake up

Oh hey Hildryn now got rid of the forced walk mode while charging balefire hurrayyy, 1 month of feedback later for this and the dash ability in aegis storm.

This is just a bunch of QoL that don't remotely deserve the title of MAINLINE more like a HOTFIX which didn't FIX anything major judging by the ever present posts of other players of things that have long needed a fix and are still not.

SOOO much content this "Mainline"

*rolls eyes*

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1