Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.6.0

[DE]Megan

On 2019-04-05 at 12:14 AM, [DE]Megan said:

The Wolf of Saturn Six Changes:

• The Wolf (and other “stalker” type enemies) now have a level cap of 45 for Solo players and 60 for public squads.
  • Significantly reduced the Wolfs tankiness.

That's a lie.

Warframe0001.jpg

Can we get our fishing bait blue prints back? Not fair that the old re-useable BP's are still around and can be used. I rather craft the bait than use standing. It bad enough that standing is limited daily in game and is a low amount that capped at. This just seems discouraging to fishing in game even more. 

1 hour ago, stevengeance said:

Can we get our fishing bait blue prints back? Not fair that the old re-useable BP's are still around and can be used. I rather craft the bait than use standing. It bad enough that standing is limited daily in game and is a low amount that capped at. This just seems discouraging to fishing in game even more. 

I still have all of mine what do you mean get back?

I don't see why they'd remove them and piss off a lot of players who did the long haul to get them and have a damn lot of resources in stock to craft them than waste standing unless need be.

The Plains remaster is stunning.  Just... mind blown.  It's gorgeous, and it's runs better than before!  I was worried that the improved visuals would come a the cost of my graphics card coughing and wheezing.  I'm blown away with how it runs.  That fact that you managed to make it look significantly better and run significantly better seems like a bit of magic trick to me.  I'm very impressed.  Well done.  Thank you.

I also absolutely love the fact that plains conservation can be done without initiating a hunt thingy and using an echo locator.  So nice.

One other tidbit--with this update came a crapton of fixes, which I greatly appreciate, but the one fix I've been hoping for the most still fell through the cracks.  I want my cherry tree branches in my dojo to stop flowing like they came into contact with the shimmer from Annihilation.

Signature weapons is the worst possible idea ever: which frame gets what is largely arbitrary, often doesn't match any reasonable playstyle, and it just puts restrictions on players in terms of what they can use to get the full effect.

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I still have all of mine what do you mean get back?

I don't see why they'd remove them and piss off a lot of players who did the long haul to get them and have a damn lot of resources in stock to craft them than waste standing unless need be.

If you did not purchase any of the blue prints prior to the update they can no longer be purchased. So if you had the old ones you have the option to sell them for 100k credits which nobody will probably do. It's a lot more taxing now and less rewarding since there is a standing cap in POE and Fortuna to be wasting standing on something that was not broken prior.

Changed High graphics setting to set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x instead of 8x. Added a faster 2x Anisotropic Filtering setting and removed the 16x option to save people from themselves.

Why you guys removed this? I have a decent rig that can handle X16 and was looking foward to this and more graphics options like ultra settings.

16 hours ago, stevengeance said:

If you did not purchase any of the blue prints prior to the update they can no longer be purchased. So if you had the old ones you have the option to sell them for 100k credits which nobody will probably do. It's a lot more taxing now and less rewarding since there is a standing cap in POE and Fortuna to be wasting standing on something that was not broken prior.

Ahh now I understand what you meant by "Can we get our fishing bait blue prints back?" you didn't have all of them yet, I thought you had sold them or something. I'll be keeping all of mine and what I have built will last a long time before needing to hit build on the blueprints.

Can we get an actual explanation about why removing an option (Anisotropic Filtering 16x) was an improvement in any way for people, like myself, who have systems that had no issue with that setting? I know it is something small to be upset about, but this is a silly change that helped a small few who complained about FPS issues without experimenting with their graphics settings.

The current explanation is insulting. Was there an actual issue with the setting? Was I not on the plains long enough to see a decrease over time or something? Or was this removed because of a small number of complaints by people running systems on settings they shouldn't?

I know it is a small thing to be upset about, but it is a stupid solution to a stupid "problem" with a stupid explanation for said solution.

Edit: I'd also like to note that AF 16x has not been a demanding setting for dedicated graphics cards for a long, long time now. This change is only likely to help people with APUs (Intel Integrated, AMD G series CPUs...) that rely on standard RAM for their GPU memory. It is a free setting for the vast majority of systems these days, with exception given to a few, poorly optimized games, which this obviously is not.

11 hours ago, Naqel said:

Signature weapons is the worst possible idea ever: which frame gets what is largely arbitrary, often doesn't match any reasonable playstyle, and it just puts restrictions on players in terms of what they can use to get the full effect.

I disagree entirely. I don't use Octavia's weapons just because they get a buff with her, and I don't use Octavia because she buffs specific weapons.

It's not a hindrance to anything by allowing a specific arsenal to be slightly boosted. You don't have to have the "full effect" of your weapon, because it's clearly good enough without the signature warframe.

Point is it's only a buff, if anything. It is in no way a nerf.

Few issues I have with the update:

• Fishing bait blueprints being removed - Fortuna was fishing done wrong. I want a progression! - Please add the BPs back, even if you keep the purchasable baits available. Not to mention it now takes from the daily standing cap to buy baits. That's the reason I go fishing! To earn standing! Crafting bait feels much better, too.
  • Removing graphics options - Why?
  • Broken animations - Teleporting in the Itzal, opening and closing menus, claiming and crafting in the foundry (black screen flash), etc.
  • Thumpers - No. Clumsy Orbs? Just no thank you. Leave that type of enemy in Fortuna. These guys are also a pain to kill with a Lanka... oof.
  • Thumper Floofs - Really? Floofs should only be for animals. Make the Thumper decoration like the Ore Transport from Fortuna.
  • Codex Issues - [Kuaka + Ashen Kuaka] / [Condroc + Rogue Condroc] / ["new" Orb Vallis animals] All scans were completely reset while "adding them" to the Codex. I had already scanned most of them to green, even if they weren't showing in the Codex.
  • My Arcanes! - I had more BPs to be crafted, and they are gone, but I never got the Arcanes from them!

Stuff I like about the update:

• More decorating room in my orbiter - Thanks! I'm close to running out again.
  • The looks of the Plains of Eidolon - Amazing job! Runs like melted butter! - I love the crude pathways throughout the Plains! Lots of fun on the K-Drive!
  • Capturing animals that roam the plains - DE, you should consider adding roaming animals to the Orb Vallis.
  • Floofs - Can't go wrong with those. Well, except the Thumpers.. we don't talk about the Thumper Floofs. Nakak has a strange way of creating art.
  • More decoration room - Much Needed
  • Able to equip any skin on any landing craft 😉 - Ok, maybe that should be patched... but the Dex Liset skin really looks good on the Mantis. So does the base Xiphos Skin. I also love the Scimitar Cydonia skin on my Liset. Please don't forcefully remove it when you patch the bug.
  • More room to decorate - Did I mention this before?
  • Creator mode - Would you consider making it customizable? For example: hide email and revert Fortuna spoiler while showing the spoiler Lotus and alert/notification bumpers in-game.

BTW, thanks for Primed Animal Instinct. Another mod I didn't know I needed. But I do need. It's a must-have. Time to sink more Endo.

Archived