Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about people who just spent tons of resources crafting arcanes?

Tacritan

yeah, feels good to farm the s**t out of PoE within last week just to see all your work end up like this. 

We really need reimbursement script for existing plains arcanes, last couple days ive been running around PoE lakes farming wisps and mining gems just to see this happen. 

• Like 4

The issue is - people spent alot of time crafting their arcanes. Personally last week the only thing ive been doing is farming plains to craft my operator/melee arcanes. Now you just buy ready arcanes, no need to craft them.

1 minute ago, Tacritan said:

The issue is - people spent alot of time crafting their arcanes. Personally last week the only thing ive been doing is farming plains to craft my operator/melee arcanes. Now you just buy ready arcanes, no need to craft them.

Oh gimme a break. Where else are you even going to use those resources now.

They took Cetus Wisps out of almost everything and made mining gems easier since Day 1 PoE either way.

• Like 1

This change is ultimately a good thing, while it does cheapen your farming accomplishment it doesn't matter. Things shouldn't be forced to stay in a bad state because the people who suffered though it might feel cheated, let the game get better.

*cough cough hema cough cough*

Edited by SPplayer76
  • Like 7

Of course the change is a good thing. On the other side - How DE tends to treat people who actually farm all the stuff the game has to offer - not so good.

You are telling me that DE should not give us heads up about incoming changes? Just let people waste their time?  

Edited by Tacritan

I’ve spent over 60 hours alone farming wisps.

If DE realised that was a dumb thing to make players do in the first place, I’d appreciate at least an apology.

”Sorry for the human suffering you endured navigating our systems that we designed that way to encourage you to spend money in general. Every though there’s not much you can buy from plains with plat, we tried to use it as a method to crush your spirit so you’d be less likely to farm primes and buy play to trade!”

😐

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clats01 said:

welcome to a beta, everything is subject to change. If you cant deal with it this is not the game for you.

That doesn't mean things shouldn't be done the right way and players hard work being shafted. 

DE has history of reimbursing resources spent on stuff like this.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I’ve spent over 60 hours alone farming wisps.

If DE realised that was a dumb thing to make players do in the first place, I’d appreciate at least an apology.

”Sorry for the human suffering you endured navigating our systems that we designed that way to encourage you to spend money in general. Every though there’s not much you can buy from plains with plat, we tried to use it as a method to crush your spirit so you’d be less likely to farm primes and buy play to trade!”

😐

Exactly, nobody is saying that the change is not good. 

It just feels terrible to basically waste so much time to see this change literally the next day. 

3 minutes ago, Tacritan said:

Of course the change is a good thing. On the other side - How DE tends to treat people who actually farm all the stuff the game has to offer - not so good.

You are telling me that DE should not give us heads up about incoming changes? Just let people waste their time?  

No of course not, it would always be neat if we got some kind of heads up, but they are not obligated to do anything. However I'm absolutely telling you oh well too bad.

Just now, Blackwolfe said:

I bought thing and now it's on discount. Give money back. 

Seriously, when changes like this happen in most games you rarely get anything back for the time you spent previously. 

Except you have right to demand your money refunded if the discount occurred within reasonable time.

Good attempt at "funny" joke tho 🙂

It's unfortunate that DE ever suckered people into grinding such miserably awful content to begin with, but there's not really any going back now.  Resource refunding wouldn't count for much in most of these cases, either, since the resources... don't have any use. I guess people who spent a lot of oxium or cryotic on the arcanes that take them might have more of a case to make for those parts, though.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I think OP is not asking for the changes to be reverted, more like what happened with Archwing launchers, ie give us compensation for all the iradite that just became redundant. And honestly that's reasonable, I mean fish baits are turned into credits but not wisps or breaths of eidolon? Turn it into kuva, credits anything? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T.Hoagie said:

Eh, okay, yeah, a heads up would have been nice.

But, much like the Archwing launcher changes, I'm pretty happy to not have to endlessly farm and craft resources for Arcanes.

You are but he's asking about all the tenno who already own all the arcanes and everything else after farming those resources.

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

You are but he's asking about all the tenno who already own all the arcanes and everything else after farming those resources.

I had to go back and re-read what he said, but he seems to be more annoyed that he spent a great deal of time recently farming heavily and DE goes and makes these changes with no heads up and simply wants reimbursed.

I'm not seeing anything about Tenno who already have "everything".

Doesn't really change anything I said though, I was pretty happy to not have to keep fishing and gathering stuff just so I could keep refilling my Archwing charges. And I certainly prefer using standing to get Operator arcanes over endless resource gathering/crafting. I even agree with him that a heads up would have been nice.