Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Fishing Bait Changes are a Mistake

Almagnus1

9 hours ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

For some reason, I can still craft dye and bait with my old blueprints. Is that intentional? I thought they'd be useless considering all the backlash, but was surprised to find I could still use them just fine.

Yeah, and it's artificially created haves and have nots.  IMO DE should just put the BPs back into Cetus and let the players make the decision on which to use.

Edited by Almagnus1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yeah, and it's artificially created haves and have nots.  IMO DE should just put the BPs back into Cetus and let the players make the decision on which to use.

Yeah, I'm not fond of that either. It would be nice if they still let everybody buy the reusable blueprints, even if they felt the need to increase the rep cost or locked it behind Kin rank or something.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

Yeah, I'm not fond of that either. It would be nice if they still let everybody buy the reusable blueprints, even if they felt the need to increase the rep cost or locked it behind Kin rank or something.

I think that would be a fair change, as long as they were put back into Cetus alongside the baits.

Yeah I'm out of fishing now at least until I get done farming my ostron standing. It's a shame since I really enjoyed fishing, but I'd much rather take 9 more days to get to Kin than the 11ish it would take if I need to spend a bunch of my daily cap on baits. It's the whole reason I've avoided farming in the Vallis except when I had to for nightwave.

Making bait really wasn't any extra "grind" since typically when using a bait you could catch enough other fish to craft more of the bait anyways, at least for the lower level rares like Murkray. The new system definitely *IS* more grind if you use it because it potentially adds days or a week onto the time it takes to grind out your standing, something that can already take well over a month for a low MR player.

Mining in the Vallis is my go to, and now on PoE too I guess. Despite finding it slow and tedious (especially when enemies interrupt me every 3 minutes) it's still better than doing repetitive and agonizingly long bounties to slowly work up the standing.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47

23 hours ago, IIAc3sII said:

Says every single person that already has the blueprints and couldn't care less that new players have no access to them.

I think you quoted the wrong person.  The one you quoted was pointing out that the Thumper enemies drop lots of the mining and fishing resources for PoE and therefor you don't need bait(crafted or bought with standing) to make anything but the trophies.

I agree that they should have left the bait recipes in along side selling the bait directly.  Would you like some bait for a small amount of rep or the ability to make your own for a large amount of rep?  Whatever you want I'll be glad to sell you.

New players at mastery rank 0 (MR 0) have a tiny daily limit of only 1000. Now it cost 500, half of MR 0 daily limit , to get only one Glappid Bait. As new players not waning to waste any standing, they will likely get only one bait at a time. More frequent going back and forth between Cetus and Plains of eidolon to just get one bait at a time that cost daily limited standings.

Meanwhile, for mining, it requires going to orbiter that automatically leave squads just to build the stuff that was mined that takes 1 minute each. It will really help if we can have foundry at Cetus, Fortuna, and Dojo's option to add Foundry to anywhere.

I am guessing this complaint would have been far worst if or when bait blueprints could have been automatically deleted from all players, but no, only new players are locked out of bait blueprints, giving only minimal reasons for old players to complain.

Yes the MR 0 players need massive amounts of Glapid bait to build their top tier Cetus Operator arcanes.

By the time your really needing to get large amounts of any fishing resources you will be able to do the thumpers to get all the resources you need.  Keep in mind that your also bringing up the most expensive bait that is not used for crafting anything an MR0 will be able to craft.

Edited by Ohforf3

At least the bait blueprints still exist and seem to be usable, so since I already bought them I can keep that part of the game for myself, but yeah, I agree. I was happy that I wouldn't have to grind out multiple hundred more cetus wisps, but the problem with Fortuna is that I have literally nothing left to use standing on, Cetus I still did, but now in not so long I'll be done there too because of the recent change.

It's fine to reduce grind, but specifically for the fish bait I'd like to see the option of both ways. Allow players to either buy bait directly or buy blueprints to craft it, that of course would likely mean that pre-crafted bait would increase in price but so be it. Right now I'm sitting on 100 of every Fortuna bait and 100 of every pheromone synthesizer, not because I needed or wanted it, but because I needed a place to stick my standing and I'd already bought multiple paxes for friends.