Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with Plains Conservation

Skailo

There was this one time I was at the lake, tanking in the new graphics, then I started to get shot, looked at the direction of the hitmarkers and saw a few Grineer on the other side, around 60m away from me and a few Dargyns spawned.

Like... f*cking hell.

After having done more preservations, there are definately some annoyances.

First of all, do Dargyns get to take constant shots, at an invisible warframe.
Having my Paris equipped, thus wasn't all too pleasent, in dealing with them.
These flying cowboys, should be losing track of any frame, that enters stealth mode (I doubt they have raknoid technology).

Furthermore, lures also break stealth.
So while prowling unnoticed...
You know everyone's going to become trigger happy, the moment you dare to use that lure.
It provides a noise (Ivara noise arrow-like).
So nearby Grineer may be inclined to investigate, but it shouldn't be breaking stealth.
At least, that's my opinion.
It's not like a huge laserbeam pops from it, with a large arrow above your head, saying; 'I'm right here!'

Lastly, Ghoul mating season...
Eesh.
I spent a good 5 - 10 minutes, making the area safe.
Just because a new one pops up, after some are killed.
Like mushrooms. You unearth one, and 3 have grown anew behind you.
(Just like I allways love to add to Konzu's speech; 'Ghouls come sprouting out of the ground... broccoli!)

Also, they tend to see invisible frames too.
In case they spotted you first, and then you stealth.
Even rolling out of dodge doesn't help.
These guys are going full raknoid-mode as well, once seen.

Edit:

At a given time, one of those ghoul sacks, even spawned on top of a call point.
Hidden from plain sight, as the bag covered it completely.

Spoiler

qDSGqBH.jpg

Edited by Guest
Typos, allways dem typos >.< + Edit

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent 88 minutes to get my 23k rep on the plains. I went in at night time by chance, and it's cool. The enemies in camps occasionally aggro to nearby to-be-floofs but that's ok. The vomvalysts rarely do that, and in any case I'm glad to see them because they provide another rep I want.

Then daytime came and things got SUPER annoying. Spawns everywhere. And they absolutely hate those little creatures, preferring to shoot them over shooting me even.

An example encounter goes something like this:

Pull out tranq gun. Hear Firbolg spawn in. Switch to primary, shoot firbolg down because it will otherwise gun down any creatures it flies over (including ones I've tranq'd already), plus it drops its crew that will do the same. Switch to tranq. Move forward a bit. Get shot at by a Dargyn. Switch weapon. Shoot the Dargyn. Pilot drops down. Pilot throws out a Drone. Kill pilot. Reload. Drone tosses a flare before I can shoot it. I can't do anything to the flare, so I wait to kill the things it calls. Kill those. Switch to Tranq. Another Dargyn seen nearby, I ignore because it's not aggroed. I move about a bit and run over a Ghoul nest. Kill them and continue. Find some condrocs. Manage to tranq two of them. Run close to collect. Other one is shot by Dargyn before I can press X 👿

In those 88 minutes which I wanted to focus on hunting animals, and of which a part of was night-time, I ended up getting 358 kills. That's a kill roughly every 16 seconds on average. (and I'd guess at least one every 10 seconds if it had been daytime).

edit: I hadn't realised it, but this is actually my first post on forum. That's how aggravating the experience was I guess..

Edited by Beingi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get into conservation on the game. But damn if I'm not overwhelmed constantly by enemies. I'm so over Thumpers it's not even funny. They've ruined fishing, mining, bounties (People get distracted and go mess around with those instead of getting nice quick clean bounties done), and now Conservation. I just wanna catch weird animals. Even using Loki, I'm not having much luck keeping the enemy away. It's a hot pile. 😕

And no, I don't have Ivari.

• 3 weeks later...

I know all this has been said many times before but I have been trying to get into the conservation on Cetus just like everyone else and I have the same problems everyone else is having so here is a list,

1: there is way to much happening in Cetus with random fly buys from drakyn pilots, then the random drop ships and on top of that the new Thumper thing that just always seems to be right up your clacker all the god damb time. I even tried at night thinking there wouldn't be as much out but those vomvalysts just pop out of know were always at the most opportune times.

2: The distance that the NPC see you in Cetus it is way to far of a distance your getting attacked from enemies that are on mountains and forts on what feels like the other side of the map, this really needs to be reduce.

3: trying to shoot those birds while in flight is madness especially since I'm over seas from you guys the lag is devastating for that.

My suggestions to try and make this a little more enjoyable is this.

1: reduce the area in which the enemies can see and aggro you.

2: slow down the constant amount of spawns to give some sort of time to get to the hunt before you are bombarded yet again my multiple enemies.

3: Change the bird hunts so that they actually land at the call location even if its only for a few seconds at a time each time until you either trank it or it flees.

Now others might say its all fine or that you need to get a better frame or whatever but making it so that its really only attempt-able with certain frames or whatever is not really a good thing, I hope this helps not only explain my frustrations but that the ideas I have might make it more enjoyable for others as well.

Honestly, just pop out of cetus on prowl ivara and wander.  You can find 3/3 of the rodents and concrocs without aggroing anything. 700ish energy on an efficiency/duration build.  Can even use her sleep arrow to perfect cap rodent groups (doesn't seem to work on condroc).  If you don't have Ivara, my consolences.

The only lures you should ever need are the little birds

Edited by DesertEagle1280

Wait till Plague Star hits the Plains.

Glistening magnifence likes to constantly spit out Infested pods. Those pods always land beyond LoS. Then they spawn Infested infinitely. And Infested can smell your Ivara.

Edit: 3 months ago, I had no Dargyn spawns with a Riven that needed them. I wonder if it still works...

Edited by rand0mname

I tend to use the Loki and have hot keyed my "use ability" to the d-pad and I can hit invisibility while carrying the Tranq rifle...If you can tranq the critters without being seen by the enemy they tends to leave your sleeping prey alone..Darygns can be tricky since if they spot you before go invisible they will still see after the fact and shoot accordingly...The Thumper is squirrely as squirrel as it can go aggro on everything in the area...and I hate when it crawls out of the ground and I have a bunch of Emperors in front of me...

My only issue I've been having of late on the plains is I wish the Mergoo was fluttering around on its own without having to smell the poo as they say...