Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since You're Remastering PoE...

Revenant0713

Would you consider changing the name from PLAINS of Eidolon to something else? Because these aren't PLAINS. They're a lot closer to hills, and in some areas, closer to gorges. Or ranges. The addition of trees has made this even more evident.

I know it's unlikely to change since it would mean investing in the voice lines that refer to the area as plains (Plains living is tough living), but... eh... I don't know why it annoys me to this degree.

7 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

Would you consider changing the name from PLAINS of Eidolon to something else? Because these aren't PLAINS. They're a lot closer to hills, and in some areas, closer to gorges. Or ranges. The addition of trees has made this even more evident.

I know it's unlikely to change since it would mean investing in the voice lines that refer to the area as plains (Plains living is tough living), but... eh... I don't know why it annoys me to this degree.

Trees of Hills of Eidolon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Revenant0713 said:

Because these aren't PLAINS. They're a lot closer to hills, and in some areas, closer to gorges. Or ranges. The addition of trees has made this even more evident.

Hills of Eidolon

the Hills Have Eidolons

Gorges of Eidolon

Ranges of Eidolon

Eidolon Range

Eidolon Shooting range

massive open outdoor area full of trees and hills and gorges and lakes and rivers of Eidolon.

acronym MOOAFOTAHAGALARoE

perfection.

• Like 1

The Plains of Eidolon are actually what is considered Coastal Plains.
Coastal Plains tend to have more Trees than standard Plains due to the abundance of Water/Moisture.

While the remaster did make them more bumpy/elevated, the plains are still flat enough to be plains.
PoE is weird though...as the 2 coasts make it seem like a peninsula but the map makes that hard to claim.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Hills of Eidolon

the Hills Have Eidolons

Gorges of Eidolon

Ranges of Eidolon

Eidolon Range

Eidolon Shooting range

massive open outdoor area full of trees and hills and gorges and lakes and rivers of Eidolon.

acronym MOOAFOTAHAGALARoE

perfection.

Nailed reading that on my first try.

This made me think of some name if the other celestial bodies get their own open world maps. Not in planetary order.

LSOJ - Lucky Spot of Jupiter 

GCOS - Gasy Clouds of Saturn

WON - Winds of Neptune

SOU - Seas of Uranus

COC - Canyons of Ceres

VOM - Valleys of Mars

SOOM - Secrets of Olympus Mons (Mars)

SSOP - Secret Shipyard of Phobos

DOS - Deserts of Sahara (Earth)

NCOP - Neon Cities of Pluto

MOS - Mines of Sedna

OOE - Oceans of Europa

HOE - Hives of Eris

AFOM - Asteroid Fields of Mercury (AW open world)

SOL - Spirits of Luna

DOV - Demons of Void

Honorable mentios - ( Introduction of New Places on Starchart / quests )

TGS- The Ganymede Society

TTR - The Titan Reunion

GOT - Geysers of Triton

TCI - The Callisto Incident

VOI - Volcanos of Io

Maybe others come in mind but yet nothing more. Tau is still far away.

4 hours ago, Revenant0713 said:

I don't know why it annoys you either...its just a name... :laugh:

Also, why call it the Plains of Eidolon? After all, they're just creatures that happen to spawn there at night. It must have had another name prior to the Sentient arriving (and being destroyed by Gara).