Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not really satisfied with the current way the 2nd energy color works...

SuperSt3ven

Let me start by saying I really appreciate the gesture of giving us the option, the changes it makes to the abilities look great and I love that.
my ice chroma's effigy looks great not that it's not stuck to black and white.
But something about it doesn't really feel right..

After spending a few hours in fashion frame trying to see what changed and what didn't, I was a bit disappointed.
From what I pieced together, the 2nd color simply effects the abilities energy casts and effects. (IE; Nova's 4, or Banshee's 1). And that's all fine 
and dandy, but I feel like I should be able to see this change better. I was hoping to see my energy colors switching back and forth between
my two choices, but was met with just a little color change to my ability casts and that was it.

I've noted that the 2nd color DOES effect frames with constant effects, like Nova's back things or Revenant's strange effect. But why is it restricted to just frames like that?
Ivara for instance, I expected to see have the 2nd energy color fading in near the bottom of her little danglies, or Gara's glass being one color, with a 2nd color sheen or beginning near the edges.

Syandanas have it worst, the 2nd color does nothing to the syandana at all unless it, like Revenant or Nova, have an active effect. (IE; Uru Prime or Pyra)

I don't know what I really expected, but if my cheap keyboard can do it, I expected the suit of a far future space ninja to be able to do the same, given the option.

• Like 4

I thought I could get some cool extra tones on the pink lightning I've been rocking on Volt forever. My first attempt at adding some white-bluish secondary energy just... completely turned it into the second color with barely any trace of pink. Oh well. There's probably gonna be a lot of really picky color combinations on what actually works well without one thing completely blotting out the other, or such, and there are a lot of abilities to be trying to account for... Wonder how much more tweaking this will get.

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)Cubic Clem:

Wow. People really find ways to complain at anything.. I think I might just give up on the forums. Thanks for your input. 

Ignoring the fact that this is indeed a problem, because there's no valid reason to lock a color slot behind a forma-barrier, I'm sure that you giving up on the forums won't be a problem for anyone.

Now if you excuse me, I'm just going to go ahead and put you on my block list. Have a nice day.

19 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Am I the only one upset that it only even becomes availabe after your forma your stuff?

My frames are modded the way I want them without the use of any forma. Now I'd need to forma them just for a 2nd energy color I can barely see. Wtf is this.

Why would you WANT to forma them for a 2nd energy color you can barely see? If you like your frames as it is, then screw the color. The op complained about the color is underwhelming, so you know you are not missing much.

You know how Kitgun default projectiles have two colors.

Turns out the dual color option on them don't give you two tone projectiles! 

What a disappointment.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Wow. People really find ways to complain at anything.. I think I might just give up on the forums. Thanks for your input. 

Jupp. People are wierd. Sad you must putt 1 forma om somthing, to gain toons of good #@$%. Pity you. Btw. Forma everything. Ffs

Edited by (XB1)LackedTrack8

Two energy colors has been in the game since atleast 2015 i can’t say I’m hyped but probably like 20 items in the game right now can use two energy colors i bet for most things it’ll only be one color

Sucks that you have to use forma first too I really don’t want to forma revenant

Edited by (PS4)thecoolman575

I'm just lightly, ever so slightly miffed, because I'm a huge collector. Have hundreds of things built and owned, and this means I'm gonna feel that itch to forma EVERYTHING at least once so I can properly match all of their color schemes with the new energy colors I attach to those schemes which do have forma on them. I would've preferred this been tied in some other way, but at the same time, I don't really mind. It's a non-issue to me about a totally bonus cosmetic thing.

Several of my things, especially melees, do not need forma for how I set them up, so it will actually be not practically useful for me to forma them, but oh well. DE likely designed it with that in mind, and that's fine. I'll just either occasionally get back into forma farming specifically to work on this, or I'll ignore it because it's unimportant.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Not intended function, not working as intended, mark it as complaining when someone reports a problem. 

Yea sure, that's how you keep players. 

"There's nothing wrong with this game, you're just complaining about the bugs!"