Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of Plains of Eidolon animal conservation bugs (starting from Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.6.0)

BlindStalker

Videos also included below. I will also link the other bug issue where the attempt to fix Sawgaws from clipping through the mushroom, did not work. In fact, the bug also has now transferred over to Condrocs.

1. Plains of Eidolon conservation animals do not appear on the mini-map/radar, like their Fortuna/Orb Vallis conservation animal counterparts

2. Warframe abilities (like Ivara's sleep arrow, Equinox's rest, Baruuk's lull etc) do not register prompt to capture the animal. This is affecting all of the Plains of Eidolon conservation animals. - EDIT fixed as of patch Hotfix 24.6.2

3. Condroc conservation animal having bad AI-pathing issues where it cannot find the place to land. Ai-pathing gets stuck looping. Sometimes, the Condroc actually gets stuck looping, circling in mid-air and never actually lands.

4. Using sleeping abilities (specifically test for Ivara's sleep arrow) - still causes the issue where the bird (be it Sawgaws on Orb Vallis, or Condrocs on Plains of Eidolon) causes the bird to clip right through the mushroom or ground. Easy test to show is try finding a group of 3 condrocs out in the wild on PoE and using a sleep arrow on all 3, good chance at least 1 of the condrocs will clip through the ground.

5. Like condrocs, the Mergoo birds seem to have a bit of trouble with their ai-pathing and take a while to land. However, I did get it eventually fly down... albeit like the Condroc, it gets stuck "trying to land" as well like condroc.

6. On some rare occasions, pressing the use key on the poop, will not properly start the hunt. The footprints will not appear and you cannot re-prompt the poop. The location becomes unusable. 

7. Scanning the PoE conservation animals is having issues unlocking their codex entries or has odd duplicate codex entires. For example, scanning for Condrocs (of any type), will not unlock their codex entry, but will say it's completed when they turn green under the scanner. Kuaka codex entry seems to have a duplicate for 'plains Kuaka' and other types. There also maybe an extra duplicate Sawgaw entry. Also, others have reported that all previous update 24.6.0 scan for all Sawgaw, Horrasque, Stover, condroc and kuaka have been reset too.

8. Oversight perhaps, The Plains Of Eidolon Conservation Emblem is not linkable in chat. Neither is the Vallis Beast and Bird Emblem. However the Orb Vallis Conservation Emblem can be linked.

9. Graphical oversight perhaps, All Emblems are also very bright, so bright that even with glare and bloom turned off at night in Cetus, it is barely possible to see the difference between them (and with default Bloom turned on it's like staring into the sun). Turning down the brightness on them a bit would be welcome

Videos:

Poe animals not appearing on radar/mini-map, warframe sleeping abilities not creating a capture prompt.

Condroc ai pathing issues, warframe sleep ability issues. condroc clipping through ground issues:

More bird ai-pathing issues.

Edited by BlindStalker

2 hours ago, Narcissistic.Imp said:

Codex entries are buged aswell.

Yup, codex entries are quite bugged. I've scanned 20+ emperor condrocs and a bunch of the other kinds of condrocs, and the codex entry is still locked. Meanwhile, I have 2 separate entries for plains kuaka.

9 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

2. Warframe abilities (like Ivara's sleep arrow, Equinox's rest, Baruuk's lull etc) do not register prompt to capture the animal. This is affecting all of the Plains of Eidolon conservation animals. DE Please ensure when fixing this, to maintain your patchnote promise of Hotfix 24.2.5 "Ivara’s Sleep Arrow now grants a ‘Perfect Capture’ if the shot is a direct hit. The farther off your shot the more distressed the animal gets.". Please make this consistent with the PoE conservation animals as well. 

I did quite some testing on this yesterday on Ivara. Indeed animals hit by sleep do not give a capture prompt. Furthermore:

- when shooting the animal with the tranq rifle while they are asleep, the capture prompt will still not show up. You have to wait until the sleep effect runs out before the prompt appears at all.

- when tranquilizing the animal during sleep and the sleep effect ends, the animal wakes up and acts 'awake' for a few seconds before falling over, so the effect from the tranq rifle doesn't even seem to be applied until a few seconds after the sleep ends, although this does not seem to affect the 'quality' of the capture.

- When using sleep arrow on Condrocs, in almost every instance where I put 3 Condrocs asleep, 2 of them disappeared on the spot. I suspect they fall underground like the birds in Orb Vallis did for a while.

6 hours ago, Narcissistic.Imp said:

Codex entries are buged aswell.

Thank you for the update. I'll update my OP to include it in the list of bugs.

2 hours ago, Moscatinka said:

- When using sleep arrow on Condrocs, in almost every instance where I put 3 Condrocs asleep, 2 of them disappeared on the spot. I suspect they fall underground like the birds in Orb Vallis did for a while.

Ye, had this happen multiple times. I suspect that it came over from the Orb Vallis conservation. Still needs to be fixed.

Seems better to collect all PoE conservation issues here than start another thread: The Plains Of Eidolon Conservation Emblem is not linkable in chat. Neither is the Vallis Beast and Bird Emblem. However the Orb Vallis Conservation Emblem can be linked, so I assume the other 2 are an oversight.

All Emblems are also very bright, so bright that even with glare and bloom turned off at night in Cetus, it is barely possible to see the difference between them (and with default Bloom turned on it's like staring into the sun). Turning down the brightness on them a bit would be welcome.

And please release a frame with 3 shoulders 😄

Another thing regarding codex entries. Yesterday I spent a bunch of time scanning condrocs, and got a lot of emperor condroc scans. Today I tried to scan again, and emperor condrocs glow green, meaning I got all the codex entries (I assume 20), yet the codex entry itself is still locked.

Also, all kuaka types have 3 entries each, and there seems to be an extra sawgaw entry.

Regarding #6 to me it appears that it is the same hunt start location (poop) that is bugged each time i enter PoE. I have the same issue with 1 start location on Orb Vallis

Further bugs observed:

SawGaws some times just cant be hit with tranq rifle. Even if standing right next to it (compensating for tranq rifle range which is a stat i cant find anywhere) sometimes it just doesnt connect. Trying the same with Navigator, the bullet just pass straight thru. However missing with navigator and hitting the ground next to sawgaw will alert it making their behaviour unpredictable.
Additionally, at times the sawgaw become precognicient, capable of dodging bullets, similarly to some servofish dodging fishing spears the same splitsecond they are thrown.
This is all in addition to the usual bugs with sawgaws regarding spawning 100m away, and them flying 200m further away making for insane hunts with very little satisfaction. And of course you cant sleep arrow them cuz they clip thru ground, sleep it off and run like hell when they awake.

Edited by Dazone

On 2019-04-05 at 6:48 AM, BlindStalker said:

7. Scanning the PoE conservation animals is having issues unlocking their codex entries or has odd duplicate codex entires. For example, scanning for Condrocs (of any type), will not unlock their codex entry, but will say it's completed when they turn green under the scanner. Kuaka codex entry seems to have a duplicate for 'plains Kuaka' and other types. There also maybe an extra duplicate Sawgaw entry. Also, others have reported that all previous update 24.6.0 scan for all Sawgaw, Horrasque, Stover, condroc and kuaka have been reset too.

My Codex has 3 entries vor every Kuaka but it is only possible to get 2 (even under the stats tap you see that you are scaning the more then once 20 times) and the Common Condrocs have 2 codex entries.