Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Profit-Taker: point of view of a Boss fights freak and old-time newbie

Muminidas

Hello fellow Tenno!

Recently, I finally managed to reach max standing with Solaris United and was able to start Profit-Taker Heist missions.

I won't talk about Heist 1-3 since it's totally different story (although imo they are good design). 

I know many players fought Profit-Taker long time ago, however as I finally went through all of this, tried to solo him up to 5 tries and also because I love boss fights in many different games I thought I could share some small feedback.

1) First of all, I should compliment DE for the Boss design, graphically she is superb, mechanically it's interesting and entertaining imo. No invurability phases because to dmg him we have to rotate dmg types all the time + lore-wise need of using Archguns. Superb! Imo, good design. We can use operator but we don't have to. All in all, to solo him we need to do alot of things, tricky and demanding for solo player (not neccesarily super powerful, fully end-game moded player), moreover she's not that much of a bullet sponge which is pretty nice.

2) I went against her with Chroma, Rhino, Mirage, Inaros and Oberon. Was finally able to down her before she killed me 4 times or before the 5 min timer finished playing as Chroma. I didnt have Adaptation mod, any Arcanes, didnt play as Chroma Prime, my warframe has only 1 forma put into it. My operator used 123 amp, no Focus waybounds maxed yet 250hp, no Arcanes. No riven on weapons. Used Soma Prime (Corsv/Heat), Stubba (Magnetic/Toxin) and Imperator Vandal (Rad/Cold). 

I had some problems with taking down the shield in 5 min time limit. After taking down the shields the fight was pretty easy thx to Archgun and Vex Armor BUFF. However...

3) Adds were the problem, I had to watch out for Orb attacks and deal with adds on the same time, the alerts rise like crazy fast and there's always tons of enemies. Without Adaptation or decently developed waybounds in Focus trees the fight is a real challenge for solo player. The timer and additional shield phase is a bit problematic. 

To sum up : one of the most demanding fights for me in Warframe for a while, I may still be noob or lazy casual but faced with something like this I get more and more motivated to lvl up and min/max my Warframes/weapons/operator. 

Thing I think needs looking again into od mostly enemy spawn scaling, by that I mean the frequency of mobs spawn, the accuarcy of their attacks, without Adaptation this fight is practically impossible to finish. Maybe if the frequency of enemy spawns was different for solo players and squads the fight would be much more enjoyable. To prevent the fight from becoming too easy I would buff the boss dmg instead ( to compensate loss of dmg coz lesser number of enemies), buff his armor/health a bit so he would not be sprayed so fast by meta frames, decrease the last shields phase to at least 50% so 5 min time limit would be enough to down him for solo players. 

I know many of these topics were probably already posted. However, I believe it's important to talk about older features from time to time. What I showed up is just my opinion, non meta player. If you, my fellow Tenno disagree or have any points to note in my post feel free to comment/post.

Edited by darkhades2012

It's funny you say that because most veterans complained that it is too easy and quick, and now there's even less knockdown. As for enemy spawning and alert level, I take care of the alert rods as soon as they appear and have no problem with a swarm of high level enemies like raknoids, maybe you should do the same.

I do agree with them on that part, I take my own specialized setup and I can solo in in 10m, less with a squad covering whatever elements I don't have. But too hard? Too easy? Nope, it's a fight, an interesting one, and I like it. I don't care for how hard/easy it is so long as I am entertained. And rewards are pretty nice as well.

The fight in itself is not difficult at all if you take as many elements as possible with you, melee included.

Glad to see someone else not just ranting about the Profit-Taker fight just because they think it is too hard, not fun, or not rewarding (all subjective).

As someone who frequently solos Profit-Taker and can complete it in 4 minutes on average, I'd say Profit-Taker currently stands as a boss with a low barrier of entry, but has a high requirement for solo completion. You really need to bring very hard-hitting weapons and plan out your weapon builds to cover as many damage types as possible to continue to damage the shields without waiting the 6 second grace period before switching the shield type. This is assuming you aren't just running max Chroma whose Vex Armor makes it much easier to finish in time and fight with not so strong weapons. I started with Gara for the survivability and was able to complete it in 10 minutes on average. When I moved to Chroma, that was when I created more specific builds to get the most damage I can while under Vex Armor. The Profit-Taker fight all comes down to skill and gear. The builds you use and your skills as a player to dodge enemies dictates whether the fight is impossible or the fight can be quickly farm-able.

Regarding the additional mobs during the fight. I never had much trouble with them myself. I can understand the issues with mobs as the constant barrage of damage from all directions forces players to run with tankier frames to survive the fight. Other than that, as long as the player is smart about managing the alert beacons and the alert levels, it should not get that much worse than several lasers constantly flying in your direction. That is where the skill factor also comes into play: using terrain for cover, staying mobile to reduce damage taken, getting airborne to escape melee enemies that can cause stagger, and destroyed alert beacons quickly so the alert level does not rise high enough to spawn more dangerous enemies.

Side note, Profit-Taker fight provides an actual tanky enemy to fight that is quickly accessible and meaningful. It can take a lot of damage and does not one-shot you (for the most part) in return whereas most enemies in the game you either one-shot or the ones you don't one-shot will most often one-shot you back.

Edited by DeathshotSE

the fight is interesting and balanced imo, one thing i would like them to change is to give the AOE magnet attack  a cool down because the orb bushes you into lake orb spam that attack i get annoyed and all the fun is gone.

other than that it's fun