Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gretir

Scrolling through UI breaks upon resetting key bindings (Fix found, problem changed)

• Description: Upon clicking 'DEFAULTS' in the Customize Key Bindings/CONTROLS menu, scrolling the mouse wheel fails to scroll the page either up or down. Additionally, scrolling with the mouse wheel (but not by clicking and dragging the scroll bar) fails to scroll multiple other UIs including but not limited to: The entire options UI, Clan Log, Chat, Codex, Navigation (this also includes not being able to right-click to zoom out of a planet, once selected. However, one can still press escape to zoom out), Modding, Foundry, Inventory, Void Relic Refinement,  All Arsenal features such as modding, equipping different Warframes/companions/weapons, and all Appearance menus including choosing color palettes. Adding onto this, attempting to rotate decorations while placing them will not function and the menu shows <DOJO_SELECTION_ROTATE> for the control to rotate.

• Video / Screenshot: db7eb3da473b22d83fd196860c33a403.png

• Steps to reproduce: Launch Game > Log In > Press Escape > Click Options > Click Customize Key Bindings > Click Defaults in the bottom right corner > Try to scroll in any of the menus described above.

• Expected result: Every key binding in the Customize Key Bindings menu should revert back to their original value, but all other key bindings should remain the same.

• Observed result: Every binding of mouse wheel up/down was unbound except for Next/Previous power, which is in the Customize Key Bindings menu. This also includes, for some unknown (to me) reason, right-clicking to zoom out of a planet in Navigation.

• Reproduction rate: Unable to reset conditions to attempt to reproduce.

• System specs: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit Processor, 16GB Ram, HDD.

Same here. After clicking "Defaults" in options. Scrolling and zoom out options is not working. I returned all the buttons as they were before changing them to default, but this did not help.

Win 7 64.

Yes I'm having this exact same issue. Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, 16 GB RAM. I tried searching every other setting and couldn't find anything related to scrolling, and no other game input is bound to my scroll wheel.

Someone seems to have a fix for people with this problem. This seems to change the problem of clicking the default key binding option to removing the functionality of mouse clicks. Prior to testing this, I tested if I could scroll after hotfix 24.6.2.1's update: Fixed a major UI bug that would break screen functionality of most screens (inventory, Mod, etc). I could not scroll so I assumed that the fix was for something else.

Bump, same situation, reseted keybinds now cant scroll anywhere in warframe,.

4 hours ago, Gretir said:

Someone seems to have a fix for people with this problem. This seems to change the problem of clicking the default key binding option to removing the functionality of mouse clicks. Prior to testing this, I tested if I could scroll after hotfix 24.6.2.1's update: Fixed a major UI bug that would break screen functionality of most screens (inventory, Mod, etc). I could not scroll so I assumed that the fix was for something else.

In fact it worked for me.

Me too, I was altering keybinds and made a mistake, so I reset to defaults and the mouse wheel scroll no longer works in the menus.  I can set it to cycle through the powers and it will do so without an issue while in mission.  I have deleted the EE.cfg file as suggested above and that has worked for me.  Be very wary of reloading defaults as it will break it again.