Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That moment when you finally earn Nightwave Arcane Energize...

(PSN)Unstar

...and realize it's rank 0 instead of rank 3.  Nightwave is new, and some of the rewards are legitimately amazing and unprecedented, especially the higher you go. I really thought this was going to be a fully-usable, rank 3 Arcane Energize.  This feeling of sinking disappointment is rough.

I wish the messaging in the UI were clearer.  Going back to look at it now, I can't find any indication of what rank this arcane was going to be.  When I hover over it, it shows all the ranks of the Arcane, all the same color, none of them highlighted or greyed out.  So it's ambiguous.

One additional thing that misled me (and veteran Arcane players surely didn't make this mistake) is that Arcane Energize has 4 notches at the top that are all lit up.  I thought these were visual indications of the Arcane's rank, with one light for R0, 2 for R1, etc.  Since they were all lit up, I thought it would be rank 3.

And it did seem to make sense that it would be R3; after all, the average player who earns this specific R0 Arcane Energize isn't going to be able to get 9 more to finish the set, either via farming or paying.  And when you can get reliable arcanes that give modest boosts for 10p, a 10% chance for 25 energy doesn't seem like a great top tier reward (unless we're literally expected to sell it for it's platinum price to players making full sets?).  Anyway, I don't want to gripe about this reward not being good enough, because I do appreciate it, but this line of thought is why I thought it would be a full R3 arcane: because then players can hands-down use their reward.

I hope this kind of UI messaging can be more explicit in the future.  Just highlighting the rank the arcane is in some way, or putting the name of it as Arcane Energize (Rank 0) would be really helpful in preventing this kind of misunderstanding and disappointment.

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
more clear language

I'm sorry you are disappointed, but I would be the disappointed one if it were a rank 3 arcane lmao; back in the days we had to farm for it for lots of time and efforts, giving up a rank 3 basically for free would feel really wrong, not to mention the consequences on the market.

But do note that, thanks to your post, DE with last patch fixed the thing and added clarity, so next time you'll know what you are going to get from the beginning.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

And it did seem to make sense that it would be R3; after all, the average player who earns this specific R0 Arcane Energize isn't going to be able to get 9 more to finish the set, either via farming or paying.  And when you can get reliable arcanes that give modest boosts for 10p, a 10% chance for 25 energy doesn't seem like a great top tier reward (unless we're literally expected to sell it for it's platinum price to players making full sets?).  Anyway, I don't want to gripe about this reward not being good enough, because I do appreciate it, but this line of thought is why I thought it would be a full R3 arcane: because then players can hands-down use their reward.

I am an average player.  In any tridolon hunt I've been involved in, I manage to rack up MAYBE 8-9% of the total damage done.  I'm not using the basic amp, but what I'm using is NOT gilded yet.  I've only got 1 or 2 forma on my Lanka.  It took me over a year to get to rank 15 where I'm at now because I'm very much a casual player.

That said...I CAN join tridolon hunts.  Successful ones.  I've been lucky enough to get 1 other Energize from them.  Speaking as an "average player"...maybe even below average, your "average player" most certainly CAN earn 9 more of these to finish the set just from farming.  In addition, your AVERAGE player is more than capable of getting into cracking relics and/or grinding the orokin vault for high value mods.  I've gained a few hundred plat just selling corrupted mods like blind rage in the past.

Your average player WON'T be able to snag the other 9 energize overnight...but they ARE more than capable of snagging them eventually with just casual play.

Edited by Cerlinad
correcting mod name

14 hours ago, Evhel.nVbs said:

But do note that, thanks to your post, DE with last patch fixed the thing and added clarity, so next time you'll know what you are going to get from the beginning.

Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out to me!  I knew that DE cared and paid attention to player feedback, but I'm honestly astonished about the quick turn-around on this.

Thank you, DE!

On 2019-04-05 at 3:39 PM, Walkampf said:

What? you are disapointed with basically being gifted almost 200plat?

Talk about entitlement...

The sell price will definitely be dropping at least a bit with how many peeps will be getting it, so not even 200.