Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discord, Chat, GOTL and more - updates & conclusions!

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

No need for the edit 😀 I’m not one of those who jumps to dramatic conclusions! I help those in need when they ask for taxis, or within my own clan, or when random new people ask for common mods I’ll chuck a few extra in etc. I was more curious about the system and how it would work, if indeed there were one. 

Sadly with my admittedly crap internet about 6 months of the year I really only can answer questions in Chats, so I know that feeling haha. I'm too used to people thinking I'm demeaning them, since intent is slightly hazy in text format haha. I've always loved helping people learn about the game, and that will never change, no matter what Title, if any, I held ^.^

16 minutes ago, TheArQu said:

So warframe is still M rated game with PG13 chat filter... greeeeaaaat... 

Warframe's TOS, which is definitely more important as to how the game functions than a 3rd party rating, states the game is 13+, not 17+, not 18+, it's 13+. (TOS, Section 3 "Account", Paragraph 1.). ESRB can apply a 17+ rating to it sure, but that isn't the bottom line of what goes down in the game, the deciding factor is DE. Just because ESRB applies a higher age rating doesn't mean DE should let up and allow chats to run amuck. 

I just want to say thanks again to the GOTL program as I’ve met a jr GOTL in my early days starting warframe and without them I may have given up the game as I was a clueless Tenno with zero idea of how anything worked in the game. I was even taken on one of the last partial raids the day before it was retired by a GOTL because I asked if there was any chance of me being able to have that experience. I also had the privilege of doing my first John Prodman challenge with a jr GOTL and that was truly an experience that I enjoyed. Even though not many may have had the pleasure of meeting one of these few, we all aspired to be like them in our own ways with or without the title.  

It is also nice to see this new system as I for one do like giving jack his jacket when it is due and have on many times been touched by many kind hearted tennos out there and had no way in showing my appreciation, even though 2 simple words like thank you would do, I was brought up differently and sometimes words aren’t enough to show true appreciation. With this new system I can now honour those honourable tennos that I cross paths with. 

Thank you yet again. 

1 hour ago, --Q--Phanini said:

lets talk about consistency in moderation and support.

I have noticed that there are many moments in which a ban, either temporary or permanent, can occur without warning. I understand that there are some security reasons, however, most situations of account banning can come from accidentally leaving on programs that trigger the launcher's anti-cheat system. A system of warning messages or not allowing us to log in because of these external programs will improve the outcome significantly.

Other than that, thanks for the update, nice to see some hard changes are taking place after years of back and forth!

I think the fear there is that if you let people who are intentionally trying to be malicious with their intent know when they are being tracked/have been caught that they will find a work around for it. But i do see where you are coming from and think a better system could be used.

Also thanks to all the guides out there for helping out. I am happy to see all the positivity the thread from all.

ehm...so, can i say "i like lolis" or even "i like to pat little girls" in group chat? or clan chat? im safe there,or ur bot will still find me ?=/

PS still cant anything bad in loli word -_- but maybe my language is just too poor to understand this o.o for me its just lil anime girls,cute and kawai

PPS ty for discord :3 btw its stricted as ingame chat,so we cant say Nezha things or loli there too or what? 

PPPS oh i see,there are no open channels yet) k,undertood.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In this time, there have been organized efforts to falsify reports and clog support, these are examples among many support tickets that have the same paper trail:

snipped for readability

I apologize if this was asked and answered before, but is there a ratio estimate of fake reports to real ones?

As for the changes, I welcome them! I do hope for a kickbot warn-before-ban feature with the offending message filtered and reasoning explained, though. In my mind that would be adequate. Have the warning last for a week or two, or any duration of your discretion, by all means. I care for the trolls as little as most do.

2 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

ehm...so, can i say "i like lolis" or even "i like to pat little girls" in group chat? or clan chat? im safe there,or ur bot will still find me ?=/

PS still cant anything bad in loli word -_- but maybe my language is just too poor to understand this o.o for me its just lil anime girls,cute and kawai

PPS ty for discord :3 btw its stricted as ingame chat,so we cant say Nezha things or loli there too or what? 

the bot is not in your clan or squad chats, no

Ah interesting, neat initiative with the official Discord.

I guess this is a good point to just thank all the volunteers who are doing good for their time and efforts. Even if they often go unseen. So thanks! 👍

And of course an extra shout-out for all the GOTL.

P.S.: how about a role on the Discord for more tech oriented people? I mean the Fan Art role is tempting, but... 😉

This is a big step in the right direction, but I find a lot of the language you use here very condescending, dismissive, and overall concerning, to the extent that I'd almost call it gaslighting the community.

"Witch-hunts," "mob justice," and a general attitude of "we don't blame you for your entirely reasonable concerns and criticisms," and "we were already going to do this, this wasn't for you, and we want you to know that this wasn't for you."

Come on, Reb. You guys are better than that. It's okay to accept the criticisms you were getting, makes steps to change and do better, and move forward with humility. There's really no need to try to make it seem like "DE was actually right and the community was wrong all along," as seems to be the subtext here.

2 minutes ago, NoctiferPrime said:

This is a big step in the right direction, but I find a lot of the language you use here very condescending, dismissive, and overall concerning, to the extent that I'd almost call it gaslighting the community.

"Witch-hunts," "mob justice," and a general attitude of "we don't blame you for your entirely reasonable concerns and criticisms," and "we were already going to do this, this wasn't for you, and we want you to know that this wasn't for you."

Come on, Reb. You guys are better than that. It's okay to accept the criticisms you were getting, makes steps to change and do better, and move forward with humility. There's really no need to try to make it seem like "DE was actually right and the community was wrong all along," as seems to be the subtext here.

I'm s fan of the language used here. Recently there have been cases of effectively mob rule getting employees fired in other companies simply because the players were raging, not because they were right and DE wants to make entirely sure they're not going to let that fly over here, the criticisms were right, they agreed, but don't think that just because you were right you can start bullying then around.

Why did they have to use this wording? Because the way players behaved here was very similar to how they behaved in the cases in other companies. Except they weren't right those other cases.

That's why I like the wording, we get a pass for acting like rabid hounds because it was the one time it needed to happen. But that's the ONE time out can be allowed to happen.

It was a honour, and a pleasure, to do what I, and so many others in the program had done over the course of all of those years.  There are an enormous number of Tenno playing Warframe - and while it's true that there never seemed to be enough of us to go around to help everyone, to every person that one of us met, interacted with, played alongside, and learned things about the game with - thank you.  Bring a Guide wasn't always easy, nor was it ever simple, but those of us who took real strides for the players around us did so because of their love of the game.  See you around the system!  ♥

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Creating a system where helping a noob, having good advice, or being a kick-ass Frost can be acknowledged by your fellow Tenno is a path we want to go down. We will have an endorsements feature that allows players to acknowledge fellow Tenno for their honor and actions in-game. Stay tuned for more, it's early days still! 

While I can appreciate wanting to give helpful players a way to be recognized, you guys should also carefully think about how easily a system like this is going to be abused. Things like "Oh this MRx player is my group and thus I think it's a problem because they are always <y thing> so they get a bad 'tick" or whatever have you. Other examples: "Not chroma/saryn/other meta frame" or "used limbo". I am by no means saying the system should not be implemented, I do think it needs to be -heavily- examined before implementation, and potentially limited to ONLY allowing -positive- feedback if the intent is genuinely aimed at honoring those who helped.

I am curious to see how this endorsement system plays out. Hopefully the abuse end of it can be addressed before players artificially skew other user's "reputation" or whatever system is in place. Thank you for the announcement.

6 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

While I can appreciate wanting to give helpful players a way to be recognized, you guys should also carefully think about how easily a system like this is going to be abused. Things like "Oh this MRx player is my group and thus I think it's a problem because they are always <y thing> so they get a bad 'tick" or whatever have you. Other examples: "Not chroma/saryn/other meta frame" or "used limbo". I am by no means saying the system should not be implemented, I do think it needs to be -heavily- examined before implementation, and potentially limited to ONLY allowing -positive- feedback if the intent is genuinely aimed at honoring those who helped.

Pretty sure there will be no 'bad ticks' as you say. The Honor System will likely function how the upvote/like system on the forums works; you give an upvote if they do something you like, play well, help you out, and nothing if they don't.

Basically there won't be a way for it to be abused to 'downvote someone to oblivion' or for people to torch & pitchfork against folks in the community. DE's stance on player complaints has always been very clear: if you have a problem with how a player is conducting themselves and you believe they are violating the rules, report it (and let DE staff issue necessary punishments), put them on your ignore list, and move on.

Archived