[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for watching Devstream #126!

PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/

Also, RIP Itzal, but I absolutely agree with Scott's reasoning. Looking forward to the changes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 3

PH: Power hoarder.

That's all I learnt today

PS: Volt cloth physics plz kthxbai ❤️

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Wisps looks great, one thing though, how do we know which of the 1st ability things gets replaced when we cast 1 again?

Say I cast it 6 times, all the slots are full, now the first one is getting replaced then I cast again but I can't remember which one got replaced, how do I know which one is getting replaced?

One question I have regarding Wisp is whether or not the 2 cast can be sent in any direction or does it have to follow a path that is level to the ground. I'm thinking Spy missions with vertical puzzles.

Can't powers like Wisp's 1 (Ivara's 1, etc etc) have a gear weel of their own when held? I think it would make things way easier.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Seems like Scott is getting the wrong impression, tbh.

If people think Itzal is needed to navigate around Fortuna over other options like K-Drives, then the answer doesn't end up being "nerf Itzal". It means there is a problem with navigation within Fortuna.

Maybe alternatives should be added for navigation, something like Fast Travel or even increasing the speed of other vehicles.

Using Scott's example of coptering, it would be like removing coptering without a replacement as that would have been a moronic idea. Instead a substitute was added in the form of bullet jumping and the parkour system we now have.

Edit:

Actually thinking on it further, there was an idea that was shown early on prior to the release of Fortuna of "capturing" bases. This would be a useful mechanic to allow for fast travel.

If you have a captured area, then you "own" it, doing bounties within that base would allow you to maintain "ownership" (and gain some standing). Any base/area that was under your control would allow for Fast Travel.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

I kinda understand Scott "rants" about Itzal limiting design space, but at the same time, he doesnt seem to understand that there are multiples ways to play the game and by nerfing one thing you are limiting one of the many ways of playing the game. Limiting way of playing the game is as bad as limiting design space. This is in these instances that you need to find creative way to create a new design space. Itzal is superior, we can all agree on that, but at the same time the open world maps (vallis especially) is so big and have so many elevations that without an archwing it is a pain to move in. Also, K-drives is even worse than a fully fledge operator void dash and that is a problem.

Wisp kit looks super interesting 🙂

I hope that the reworks of "outdated" frames are gonna come soon.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

If people think Itzal is needed to navigate around Fortuna over other options like K-Drives, then the answer doesn't end up being "nerf Itzal". It means there is a problem with navigation within Fortuna.

That's what Steve said.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Maybe alternatives should be added for navigation, something like Fast Travel or even increasing the speed of other vehicles.

Using Scott's example of coptering, it would be like removing coptering without a replacement as that would have been a moronic idea. Instead a substitute was added in the form of bullet jumping and the parkour system we now have.

Improve the other options, don't just gut what exists and works first then?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Buffing the other vehicles is way better than nerfing what makes itzal itzal.

And even without it K-drives can't compete with the other AWs anyway.

They were made with fun over function in mind and that can only last so long in a game where the grind draws you towards efficiency.

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Upvote 3

That feeling when you miss devstream... again!

I'm terrible I swear

Posted (edited)

Wisp looks really great, and I'm looking forward to playing as her. The design of her 4th power kinda stings though, from the perspective of an Ember main. Ember's 1, 3, and 4 are pretty weak, and - frankly- visually underwhelming compared to a lot of the newer warframes. I was wishing Ember would get a power like what Wisp is getting for her 4.

Like I said, nothing against Wisp. It just feels bad that Ember feels like she's been left to languish at pretty much every stage of the game, and now the new Warframe gets what could've been the centerpiece of an Ember rework, all while Ember's been left without a word of good news since the unnecessary nerf last year.

I just wish this would at least get addressed soon. It's frustrating to keep going between being disgruntled and awkwardly trying and failing to settle on a new main.

Edited by RevenantPhoenix
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sean said:

Edit:

Actually thinking on it further, there was an idea that was shown early on prior to the release of Fortuna of "capturing" bases. This would be a useful mechanic to allow for fast travel.

If you have a captured area, then you "own" it, doing bounties within that base would allow you to maintain "ownership" (and gain some standing). Any base/area that was under your control would allow for Fast Travel.

How about a Monorail system and removing the need for balancing on grinds. Let the rail system go throughout the Worlds with speeds faster than itzal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Timestamps are up on YouTube, just search for "Sivsarcast" in the comment section.

Pardon the delay. I was out of town and had to borrow a friend's lappy to do it, without waking him up to boot, so I probably destroyed my eyesight writing and typing in the dark, heh.

Anyway, great stream. Good to see you're in good health, Rebb. See you guys in the next Devstream.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

How about a Monorail system and removing the need for balancing on grinds. Let the rail system go throughout the Worlds with speeds faster than itzal.

Lol, now that would be amazing.

So when is wisp releasing. Rebecca was interrupted before she could say anything.

3 minutes ago, Demeraire said:

So when is wisp releasing. Rebecca was interrupted before she could say anything.

The guys interrupting Rebecca?  But that never happens.   /eyeroll

Vauban

I think the most critical issue about Vauban is his energy usage in pair with his duration. His abilities cost way too much energy for the time and effectiveness they provide. Give him some different (longer) animations how he sets up his traps, in exchange for a longer duration and lower energy cost. Have his Tesla mines deal more damage the longer they zap an enemy.

Wisp

Her abilities seem fun overall. After Hildryn having so many similarities to Zarya from Overwatch, I can't help seeing Moira in Wisps abilities. Her 1 has a health-over-time instance (like Moira), her 2 has the dash/teleport thingy (like Moira) and her 4... well... thats Moiras Ultimate (except for the healing part). Tbh I'd love her 2 to be working like Moiras Fade ability and have a different 4 for wisp, especially since "summoning the power of the sun" would fit a possible Ember rework way better!

Archwing/Iztal

Not sure if Scott was serious about Iztals nerf or not, but I think the main reason why Archwing on the open world maps is dominated by Iztal is soely for the reason of other AW being straight to useless and Iztals only purpose is it get around quickly.

Compare AW-Missions to open world maps, a good example is Amesha. Its abilities are waaaay larger AW-Missions (due to the downsizing of enitities), with the normal range on open world maps players could actually uitlize AW-Abilities on PoE and Vallis.

Multi purpose abilities

With Wisp having one as well, together with Vauban, ivara and Khora. There should be a GUI-Element similar to the gear wheel instead of holding the button to cast and tapping the button to select. I might upload a quick mockup in a seperate thread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I like this, but why have a monorail when you can have a MonoRAILGUN blasting the k-drive/warframe across the map.

That seems like a perfectly safe transit system system that might be designed by our duct-dwelling friends for testi--uh, early-access--for their most logical warframe brethren.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Recent change to survival Fissure(that fissure enemies now scale in level) is a huge mistake in my opinion.Fissure enemies often get stuck in places they can not escape,without a enemy radar mod you dont even see they are stuck most of the time.The recent change which lets them scale too just makes them harder to kill,and sometimes weapons dont even reach these stuck enemies.Before this change u could easily kill them because they were low level,which made most people not care about this,but now u can not simply kill them quickly anymore,in some spots they are almost impossible to reach (see in link below) without AOE effects,which u dont have always with you.Since the Enemy spawn is maybe hard to  fix seing it not being fixed for years i would vote for changing the scaling back to how it is used to be,this does not affect Fissure survival in a bad way,actually it results in a much better experience because u can kill said enemies much easier and fix these stuck enemies easily,which happens often.The change would make longer runs very hard since you need your whole team  to kill some stuck enemies somewhere on the map,this is not fun.I really hope DE reaches this message and they look into it because many people like long runs especially survival,destroying survival would hurt them a lot and personally i would leave the game if this issue stays like this forever.

Edited by --Q--FSK41
Mistake
  • Like 3
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 64

Posted (edited)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb --Q--FSK41:

an example of the stuck spawns,i run everyone loot and enemy sense mod i have to have a view about the map to provide this picture

Edited by --Q--FSK41
Mistake
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8