Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #126!

[DE]Rebecca

Very disappointed by the response in regards to K-drive. It was never about how Itzal makes every traversal options obsolete on the scale of practicality (the subject of nerfing it is another topic).

It's about how ALL Archwing are superior to K-drives no matter what, even if the latter has the two speed mods equipped. The reason is simple: there's no obstructions in the air.

Not a single answer was clearly given in regards of possible K-drive speed buffs (or at least the mods). I hope this is actually discussed further internally

8 minutes ago, Voldjaw said:

Vauban

I think the most critical issue about Vauban is his energy usage in pair with his duration. His abilities cost way too much energy for the time and effectiveness they provide. Give him some different (longer) animations how he sets up his traps, in exchange for a longer duration and lower energy cost. Have his Tesla mines deal more damage the longer they zap an enemy.

Wisp

Her abilities seem fun overall. After Hildryn having so many similarities to Zarya from Overwatch, I can't help seeing Moira in Wisps abilities. Her 1 has a health-over-time instance (like Moira), her 2 has the dash/teleport thingy (like Moira) and her 4... well... thats Moiras Ultimate (except for the healing part). Tbh I'd love her 2 to be working like Moiras Fade ability and have a different 4 for wisp, especially since "summoning the power of the sun" would fit a possible Ember rework way better!

Archwing/Iztal

Not sure if Scott was serious about Iztals nerf or not, but I think the main reason why Archwing on the open world maps is dominated by Iztal is soely for the reason of other AW being straight to useless and Iztals only purpose is it get around quickly.

Compare AW-Missions to open world maps, a good example is Amesha. Its abilities are waaaay larger AW-Missions (due to the downsizing of enitities), with the normal range on open world maps players could actually uitlize AW-Abilities on PoE and Vallis.

Multi purpose abilities

With Wisp having one as well, together with Vauban, ivara and Khora. There should be a GUI-Element similar to the gear wheel instead of holding the button to cast and tapping the button to select. I might upload a quick mockup in a seperate thread.

I would agree on the archwing point, for the most part. The Elytron was built up to be useful against the then upcoming Balor Fomorians but now those encounters disable powers for the very reason of their effectiveness, Odonata has never had its missiles made to scale in anyway, base damage or mods, while Amesha is all about trying to defend against dying but can't affect the enemies much. Itzal currently has speed and mobility - that is its thing - perhaps if this is an issue archwings in general need to be made more effective and their desired roles firmly established and functional.

am not really enthusiast about wisp cookie jar thingies.

6 buff slot is awfully lot to spam.  Maybe cut it to 3 slots?

The stand still cast spam will offset lot of the speed gain in a A to B mission tile.

conflicted about the jar radial power will I bother setting it up when I have tHE pOWeR Of The SuN at my finger tip? On the fence really it might be really good, make the damage buff switch depending of the buff jar type?

I like the teleport power want more synergy roll into it and I like how she disappear on bullet jump.

Was expecting some kind of a mist/incorporeal state defense power throw in there was not expecting a death beam. meh.

8 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Very disappointed by the response in regards to K-drive. It was never about how Itzal makes every traversal options obsolete on the scale of practicality (the subject of nerfing it is another topic).

It's about how ALL Archwing are superior to K-drives no matter what, even if the latter has the two speed mods equipped. The reason is simple: there's no obstructions in the air.

Not a single answer was clearly given in regards of possible K-drive speed buffs (or at least the mods). I hope this is actually discussed further internally

Nailed it. Don't nerf Itzal, make KDrive more functional. All the trees on POE are ridiculous now. Even without Blink people would use the fastest AW. 

While we are at it, stop locking vital game elements behind clans! This includes AW launcher but also dragon keys! It's rage-inducing. And joining a clan for 24hrs to get the stuff then leave is a pita. Stop trying to force people into clans. 

I am not too keen on the idea of nerfing Itzal mobility myself.  I tend to depart later for the next bounty stage than my friends as I finish off the last mob spawns after they have dashed off and the Itzal allows me have some hope of catching up with them.  Let alone that it is a signature part it's uniqueness in comparison to the other AWs.

15 minutes ago, Data-Raptor said:

While we are at it, stop locking vital game elements behind clans! This includes AW launcher but also dragon keys! It's rage-inducing. And joining a clan for 24hrs to get the stuff then leave is a pita. Stop trying to force people into clans. 

I disagree. Clans don't have enough. They have held almost no meaning since the death of Solar Rails and competitive leaderboard events, so I hope they give more purpose to clans.

37 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

I like this, but why have a monorail when you can have a MonoRAILGUN blasting the k-drive/warframe across the map.

That seems like a perfectly safe transit system system that might be designed by our duct-dwelling friends for testi--uh, early-access--for their most logical warframe brethren.

That seems like a great idea for the K-Drives! I mean they have to balance out the non-Itzal AWs so they have more usefulness, but this seems like an excellent balance idea. Plus Itzal's speed comes from its abilities and K-Drives don't, so no energy required to move across the map if this idea was implemented.

New Warfan / Fan-type Weapon!!!! FINALLY! I absolutely LOVE Gunsen. My main melee weapon.

Wisp looking great, though I'm worried about how f*ed her drain on her 4 is going to be considering Rev's cost is 5/s with max efficiency. Hopefully it won't be stupidly expensive, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Vauban and Wukong rework....glad they are getting attention finally. Wukong's I'm worried simply because I don't want his deluxe to be the reason his rework is finally happening.

I don't think Scott was being literal when he said "Nerf Itzal". He was just stating the problem with overuse of a specific gear.

My suggestion for this: Give ALL archwings the ability to blink, with "roll" for example, and replace Itzal's first ability with something else. K-drives also could gain a specific ability to gain speed.

Am I the only one already foaming at the mouth ready to throw money at DE if they release a Kitsune-styled Deluxe skin for Wisp at some point? Her movement, her buff totems, her decoy, and her solar blast, all SCREAM Kitsune to me. Pair her deluxe skin with a polearm, staff, or whip skin and a "Nine Tails" syandana that attaches at or slightly above the tailbone (Each "tail" tipped with a spark of spirit flame), and I'd bust my wallet open and throw my debit card at DE without a second thought.

Edit:

11 minutes ago, Agropeu said:

I don't think Scott was being literal when he said "Nerf Itzal". He was just stating the problem with overuse of a specific gear.

My suggestion for this: Give ALL archwings the ability to blink, with "roll" for example, and replace Itzal's first ability with something else. K-drives also could gain a specific ability to gain speed.

I agree. Itzal could do with a change to its 1, a universal blink being added, and I'd LOVE abilities for K-Drives, bound to 1-4.

Perhaps abilities that will mitigate some of the major hindrances of K-Drives when it comes to traversal, like a hover/glide mode that massively decreases gravity and fall distance, a massive forward boost ability, the ability to use secondaries on a K-Drive (Toggle between "Combat mode" and "Style Mode" perhaps? And a "Cruise Control" for Combat Mode so you can aim around while maintaining movement in a particular direction?), And I would love to see some kind of half-pipe mechanic introduced for extreme air time and unique tricks.

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

The Recent change to survival Fissure is a huge mistake in my opnion.Fissure enemies often get stuck in places they can not escape,without a enemy radar mod you dont even see they are stuck most of the time.The recent change which lets them scale too just makes them harder to kill,and sometimes weapons dont even reach these stuck enemies.Before this change u could easily kill them because they were low level,which made most people not care about this,but not u can not simply kill them quickly anymore,in some spots they are almost impossible to reach (see in link below) without AOE effects,which u dont have always with you.Since the Enemy spawn is maybe hard to  fix seing it not being fixed for years i would vote for changing the scaling back to how it is used to be,this does not affect Fissure survival in a bad way,actually it results in a much better experience because u can kill said enemies much easier and fix these stuck enemies easily,which happens often.The change would make longer runs very hard since u need ur whole team  to kill some stuck enemies somewhere on the map,this is not fun.I really hope DE reaches this message and they look into it because many people like long runs especially survival,destroying survival would hurt them a lot and personally i would leave the game if this issue stays like this forever.

This is the vacuum deal aaaaall over again, now featuring Itzal. Yet again, the hammer approach.

"I don't like blank, lets remove it."

"Blank restricts player choice, lets remove it."

"Blank doesn't work, lets remove it."

I'm all for variety, but not at the cost of something else. Why not offer a choice that offers BOTH, and no buts!

I've posted on Reddit's Devstream 126 thread previously, but I'll paste my posts here regarding Wisp's ultimate ability..

Starting here. My objection is mostly based on how disconnected and irrelevant her 4th ability toward the rest of her abilities. The synergy between her 1st and 3rd abilities are great lookin', and her 2nd ability could also potentially be fun to use, even more so if upgraded with Dura & Range mods. More importantly, those 3 abilities fit her thematically. But, out of nowhere, her 4th ability is supposedly coming out of a portal, which I think isn't part of her theme and doesn't also involved on her other abilities, so it feels, again, irrelevant. Furthermore, I think we've already got a good amount of DPS / nukeframes, and I think not all new and coming frames need to be nukeframes too, right? IMO, having Wisp as an exclusively saboteur & trickster wispy frame will be a nice change of pace.

Last but not least, I do sincerely hope the dev team will take a second look into her forced 4th ability.

Many thanks in advance.

I'm... VERY confused with Wisp's theme.

What is supposed to be? Plants and sun? But why is it called Wisp tho? I was expecting something more along the lines of Spirits, Will-o-Wisps? Why plants? i don't get it. It could be little Fire spirits rather than plants (and would make more sense with her other skills, specially the ult)

Speaking of which... is it me or we are having too many warframes with ults that strips some degree of "control" over said warframes? I feel that with Wisp, alongside Revenant and Garuda's first attempt of ultimate, the "press 4 to channel, float in the air and kill everything within this area" it's repeating as much as exalted weapons used to. Throw Hildryn in there too and... well, it's getting a bit tiring

Also, one more thing: I think Scott said that Vauban uses deployables and that doesn't fit with the game anymore? (i should double check) but then WHY is Wisp 1st ability A DEPLOYABLE? Why make Titania's buffs again? i'm pretty sure that ability it's not very popular already: having to stop to gather resources it's bothersome to everybody, why add more to that?

I'm... very confused by your design philosophies regarding warframes guys. I feel like the last cohesive themed Warframe was Gara or perhaps Garuda. And the last usable/good Warframe was Khora.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

I disagree. Clans don't have enough. They have held almost no meaning since the death of Solar Rails and competitive leaderboard events, so I hope they give more purpose to clans. 

Let me add: I hope Railjack adds something to the Clan stuff again or IDK why even have them anymore at all. I feel purposeless clanwise.

1 hour ago, Aenris said:

I'm... VERY confused with Wisp's theme.

What is supposed to be? Plants and sun? But why is it called Wisp tho? I was expecting something more along the lines of Spirits, Will-o-Wisps? Why plants? i don't get it. It could be little Fire spirits rather than plants (and would make more sense with her other skills, specially the ult)

Speaking of which... is it me or we are having too many warframes with ults that strips some degree of "control" over said warframes? I feel that with Wisp, alongside Revenant and Garuda's first attempt of ultimate, the "press 4 to channel, float in the air and kill everything within this area" it's repeating as much as exalted weapons used to. Throw Hildryn in there too and... well, it's getting a bit tiring

Also, one more thing: I think Scott said that Vauban uses deployables and that doesn't fit with the game anymore? (i should double check) but then WHY is Wisp 1st ability A DEPLOYABLE? Why make Titania's buffs again? i'm pretty sure that ability it's not very popular already: having to stop to gather resources it's bothersome to everybody, why add more to that?

I'm... very confused by your design philosophies regarding warframes guys. I feel like the last cohesive themed Warframe was Gara or perhaps Garuda. And the last usable/good Warframe was Khora.

I understood it as a matter manipulating frame, just in a different direction than Nova. Wisp seems to warp time/space through the Void at a larger scale than Nova does (who creates a short range portal at most), while Wisp summons those small drone/totem thingies, teleports to clones of herself and makes a portal in front of the friggin' Sun. I don't see a lack of cohesiveness myself.

I gotta say though, I felt that Loki comment right at heart. When I saw the decoy I was all "Well, there goes any chance to make Loki feel better nowadays".

OK gonna give my feedback on Wisp and her abilities... Be warned, opinions follow beyond this point.

When i first saw wisp, i saw a cool ghost themed warframe, my mind had her doing things like turning invisible and flying, phasing through solid terrain/bullets, posessing enemies, as in actually posessing and directly controling them, not mind control. And with her weapon shown to be what looked like a scout rifle with a supressor, it further reinforced my idea of this quiet barely seen ghost on the battlefield

I did not get that.

Wisps skillset looks cool as all heck, dont get me wrong... But i feel like, outside of her 2, her abilities are a MASSIVE waste of potential for a cool modern sleek stealth frame. I am beyond dissapointed with what i saw. And her passive turning her invisible while in the air seems wasted on a support/damage frame.

Speaking of damage... That 4th ability... Why could that not have been given to ember? She sorely needs a good damage skill, and a MASSIVE SUN BEAM seems like something a fire based frame would/should have. Not a ghost warframe.

At this point im not at all sure what wisps theme is supposed to be, i get pulling things in from a dimention, but i also heard portals mentioned... Which seems like novas table? To me it seems like they had a cool warframe, but didnt know what to put on it, so they ended up putting disjointed abilities on her.

I mean she's floating in the air rather than walking... Thats like the ultimate "move silently".

I know at this point its probably too late in her developement... But please... DE... You're throwing away what could be one of the coolest frames. I hope by the void that you reconsider, her skills are cool... but not for this warframe, please dont waste such a cool looking warframe on this.

----------------------

I "am" looking forward to vauban getting a rework though, especially if it somehow involves attack drones.

21 minutes ago, Sekan said:

posessing enemies, as in actually posessing and directly controling them

the office thank you GIF

I've LITERALLY wanted this for a Warframe for the LONGEST TIME!

A reworked Loki was probably the closest we could've gotten, since the actual Norse God Loki has the ability to shapeshift, but since Loki is somehow untouchable by Pablo's godly rework hands, I figured a ghost frame would be the next best thing.

And then I see this chick sprout flowers and summon a freaking STAR in her hands?!

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing ability in both visuals and sound design, and I applaud DE's effects in both of those regards, but they put that ability on the WRONG WARFRAME!

It's like Khora and Revenant all over again. One was a crowd-controller with a  BDSM/cat/spider aesthetic that ended up getting merged like hell and reworked like hell since she was supposed to be shipped with a reworked Damage mechanic, and the other was coined as a "vampire" Warframe who went from a fusion dance of Nyx and Night Equinox to a freaking laser show with Eidolon aesthetics. 

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

No. There's already a ton of weapons and other BPs locked behind clans. Dragon keys, which used to be in the market, are a vital part of game play and have no business being clan-only, otherwise the clanless are missing out on an entire part / types of mods ie orokin vaults. Arguably the AW launcher is also important, otherwise you might as well sit still while the AW players go from one of the map to other and finish the objective before you get there.

5 hours ago, Pixydis said:

This is the vacuum deal aaaaall over again, now featuring Itzal. Yet again, the hammer approach.

"I don't like blank, lets remove it."

"Blank restricts player choice, lets remove it."

"Blank doesn't work, lets remove it."

I'm all for variety, but not at the cost of something else. Why not offer a choice that offers BOTH, and no buts!

Yes, this. It's okay to have a specialized ability or AW or frame, tho personally I use Itzal even outside of PoE or OV, but that's why you gotta collect them all, because some are niche and that's okay.  I'm not going to bring a Frost to a capture yanno?

2 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

the office thank you GIF

I've LITERALLY wanted this for a Warframe for the LONGEST TIME!

A reworked Loki was probably the closest we could've gotten, since the actual Norse God Loki has the ability to shapeshift, but since Loki is somehow untouchable by Pablo's godly rework hands (snip)

Behjayus. Am I the only one that likes Loki they way he is? They just need to stop making mobs that ignore his invis.

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

Just for my own curiousity, do you mean clans don’t have enough stuff? Or that they don’t have enough ways to keep players engaged with them? Whichever answer, I’m curious as to what possible fixes you could think up, if any. Honest question, because I don’t have any thoughts on possible fixes.

Personally, clans are just a waste. There’s soooooo many people who just use clans for their own convenience. For the mastery. For the Hema. Etc. I’d HATE for new, event-content to be clan-locked, because it would kill small clans like mine, because many people would ditch clans if there was event rewards attached. (Thinking back to the old dark sectors... when there was no point being a member of anything BUT the 3-4 “Alpha” clans. They ate the whole damn pie lol!)

for reference, I’m part of a 3-man (realistically only 1 active player though....) IRL-friend clan. So I’m biased. XD

Archived