YandereWaifu

Hilariously overpriced rivens

Posted (edited)

EDIT: i found this specific one on the trade forums, yall might thing T/C is bad but jeez the forums are like the Mos Eisley spaceport on tatooine, to quote Obi wan, "you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

2-1.jpg

WHY would anyone buy something at such an absurd price thats so far out of the range for comparable rivens, thank god folrens lets us evaluate stats and we have DEs data as well showing no one at least recently buys at that price 

Edited by YandereWaifu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

From my point of view, all prices spammed in trade chat are hilariously overpriced. So averages these bots provide are laughable as well. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

From my point of view, all prices spammed in trade chat are hilariously overpriced. So averages these bots provide are laughable as well. ☺️

If it wasn't significantly overpriced they wouldn't need to spam it. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

This. Had a person tell me a badly rolled riven of a weapon would go for 500. Individual wanted something like 950 plat for it.

Ended up getting a badly rolled riven for closer to 200. Rolled it a few times (Y'know, Kuva rewards from Season, so I didn't mind it), and ended up getting a decent riven out of it.

I value my time, but dam is trade-chat just filled to the brim with fortune-seekers/shysters. Honestly, the game needs an auction house system or something, because if I was more naive, I woulda dumped that cash.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Interesting @YandereWaifu

itemType": "Shotgun Riven Mod",
		"compatibility": "EXERGIS",
		"rerolled": true,
		"avg": 288.01492537313,
		"stddev": 241.56439718259,
		"min": 35.0,
		"max": 1250.0,
		"pop": 0.1843

punctuation by toolmakers can be used against market I see (unless you are telling me that min is 35k, max 1250k to make that avg 288k - didnt think so)

Edit: Since some seem to think that the comma is a decimal separator, read the entry, every line ends at a comma, and pop: 0.1843 already establishes that (.) is the actual decimal separator. Stop trying to rip players off, it is sad.

Source: 

Edited by Souldend78
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

let players do what they want they aint breaking rules.

your fixation of riven stats doesnt mean much

when a riven for a certain wep is sold at 600/500  (regardless if the stats are trash)

let a poor man change his situation you riven hungry individual  

• Haha 3
  • Woah 2

I could list my Hind riven at 99,000 platinum. That doesn’t mean I’ll ever sell it at that price.

• Applause 3

2 minutes ago, SyBuhr said:

the game needs an auction house system or something, because if I was more naive, I woulda dumped that cash.

i disagree if you had this auction house nonsense ppl would be competing with each other to sell the rivens i.e lowering becuz everyone else is doing the same just to be able to a chance to sell it.

instead trade chat shouold be available in open world so you can sell stuff while out and about

• Haha 5
  • Applause 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

when a riven for a certain wep is sold at 600/500  (regardless if the stats are trash)

A community hell bent on scamming each other is not the greatest bunch of people you want to hang out with.

Ah I see DE is now providing actual trade info and not just trade chat. That should help a bit.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

i disagree if you had this auction house nonsense ppl would be competing with each other to sell the rivens i.e lowering becuz everyone else is doing the same just to be able to a chance to sell it.

instead trade chat shouold be available in open world so you can sell stuff while out and about

Who's to say there doesn't need to be actual competition for rivens and that prices shouldn't go down? Add in ease of selling and buying. Big quality of life change.

Edited by zoffmode
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Who's to say there doesn't need to be actual competition for rivens and that prices should go down? Add in ease of selling and buying. Big quality of life change.

i say there will be competition 

i  played ffxiv they have the auction style market and its bad 

once a person puts 500 everyone else puts 200 another guy puts 150 so on to 100

the price keeps getting lower for the item as sellers start competing with each other to get a buyer.

( the buyer benefits the most and sellers doesnt get anything good out of it) 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

You do understand that people already are competing with each-other in trade chat? That's how a free economy works. What is happening now is simply because people know there is a lack of available information, and thusly use said lack of information to inflate the prices. This has been an issue, and an issue the Devs are looking into rectifying (hopefully soon).

An auction house would literally just aggregate all the listings so that people would be able to make informed decisions based on trends. So instead of simply going based off of some random internet guy's word, who may simply be lying to you, you would be able to concretely see everything.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

i say there will be competition 

i  played ffxiv they have the auction style market and its bad 

once a person puts 500 everyone else puts 200 another guy puts 150 so on to 100

the price keeps getting lower for the item as sellers start competing with each other to get a buyer.

( the buyer benefits the most and sellers doesnt get anything good out of it) 

How is competition a bad thing? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Just now, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

i already told you the item price will keep going down

Okay, and how is riven prices going down a bad thing for the game?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Okay, and how is riven prices going down a bad thing for the game?

you wont make as  much as your supposed to for the item

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Implying Arbitrarily associated Platinum Values to PNGs are the actual De-Facto Values.

I don't think you understand what you are trying to talk about.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Who said current prices are what you're supposed to get for the item?

The real price is supply vs demand as per economic principles. Not some annoying scam tactics that are going on right now.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SyBuhr said:

This. Had a person tell me a badly rolled riven of a weapon would go for 500. Individual wanted something like 950 plat for it.

Ended up getting a badly rolled riven for closer to 200.

This is the actual unspoken price range for bad-roll rivens for meta/good weapons. People just get lazy and overprice when they're sick of rolling.

• Like 1

So from what I've heard is that there are some riven guilds that jack up prices on purpose, report traders that sell multiple low cost rivens and was a recent incident on a riven site being targeted by proxy reporters in order to kill it's algorithms pertaining to finding actual riven prices. 

What I do? 

Sell rivens at reasonable prices. If they're good, sellem high, but not above 300, if they're meh, sellem meh, at 50-100 depending. If they're god rivens, sell them to collectors who actually care about the best. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

you can try to get rich without ripping people off, also whats wrong with valuing a riven based on its stats, would you buy a riven thats subpar for an absurd price? also if you have a problem with that take it up with the folren discord owners, its thier evaluation tool not mine. 

• Applause 2

1 hour ago, YazMatazO said:

Barter more. 

Complain less. 

sure ill just go an ask x person to drop thier price by a few thousand to around what the riven was evaluated to actually be worth or the price range DE said rivens for those weapons sell for, i totally wont get declined. better idea is to just go buy from someone else who has something unrolled or comparable for a reasonable price but lets be real if theres idiots whod actually spend 60k on a vectis riven then these ripoffs will be around for alot longer. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2