Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hilariously overpriced rivens

YandereWaifu

3 hours ago, WaterFalll said:

If the buyers think the price is reasonable and affordable for them then they will buy, if not, they won't. Just that simple. These items/mods ain't required to progress through the game so it all depends on the desire of the buyer. And i don't think there will ever have a "professional source of statistics" to price a riven mod because almost every riven mods are different than each other. I am not saying these prices are reasonable but it is also subjective to say. Auction house may provides more choices but i don't think it can solve the riven mod's "overpriced problem".

Tradeable items in warframe are mostly prime warframes and prime weapons. They don't work like the equipment in other games. In most of the other games, once you level up to a certain level you can change to a better equipment so there will be a clear price stair. However in warframe, its all about mix and match which makes the price stair of item rather blurry than others.

If adding a auction house in warframe, we all know that all item prices will have a significant drop since most of them don't have a very strong price base and then auction house will be flooded by many items/sets which no one willing to buy since the supply will be way higher than the demand (thats why there is a ducat system for you to burn the useless and technically not sellable prime item). In a pool of the same item, sellers will tend to sell for a lower price and then platinum becomes less valuable. I don't think DE will destroy their main income in this way.

• "If buyers think the price is reasonable and affordable for them then they will buy..."

Yes. But there needs to be a level of transparency. If I just tell myself spending what amounts to $100 on a PNG is reasonable because someone says it is "GOD-TIER", is it really reasonable? NO. Of course it is not reasonable. However, as a player, what information do I have currently at my disposal? There is no efficient in-game way to compare prices, no official market listings to see, and no guarantee that there are other current sellers/buyers! There is no way for me to make a well-informed decision with all of these unknowns! For all I know, I could unveil a riven tomorrow, and it could be the one I just bought!

In short, as a player, Eliminate these Unknowns! Make it so that I can say, Well person X also has one too, and they are trading at noon rather than person Y who is only trading at 2AM right before work.

However, there is none of this available, and it not only hurts the new players, it hurts the Veterans as well who now have to slog through trade-chat for hours, find someone with the right riven after a grueling task, Haggle with said seller/buyer.... It is the most Time-Consuming, vitriolic task. It turns people from "Hey fellow Tenno, Let's kick vay-hek's chicken butt" to "Filthy Peasant! I demand 50 More platinum out of you!"

I am not saying that sellers shouldn't chase the most profit for their items. But I don't believe the current systems in-game offer players a means to identify appropriate times to buy and spend. Let's look outside of WoW, and at Trove. Trove has an AH, it has an insane amount of listings and competition all for the EXACT same items. And yet there are times where it is not frugal to buy, and times not frugal to sell! Do people still make an insane profit on there? Absolutely!

• "All depends on the desire of the buyer..."

Yes, it does. What factors into that desire? How many days/weeks/months are you willing to wait for a decent riven for a decent item? Or how much plat (Generally 500 to thousands) will you spend to have it now? Both options are S#&$-shows for answers. As someone who makes decent enough in-come, I could never justify spending upwards 900 plat on a PNG that may go out-of-style in a week or so. It's insane to think that it is Okay to essentially charge someone what amounts to a  1/4 of Car Payment for a PNG.

Auctionhouses would provide listings. Again, I don't know concretely if it would solve the inflation problem. But, what it would allow is someone to see multiple listings for a Riven for a given weapon, and make a better decision on who to buy from based on that pool. If it is something they want now, but don't have time to roll it, then they can always go with a more expensive one, and if they do have time to roll it, they can go with a less expensive one. The Auction house idea acts as a means of allowing a consumer/seller a quick way to identify trends in selling and buying, as well as expediting that process (if we go with the WOW AH idea). So as a seller, if I am really confident my riven is worth it's salt, I can leave it on AH indefinitely, and wait patiently for someone to pick it up while I go grind out other rivens to post and sell.

Now, I've talked up a storm about how it benefits the buyer. Let's talk about the seller. Imagine all that time spent in trade chat spamming your listings now gone. You put them in an AH once, someone buys it, done. No more Haggling about, wasting time with that, no more aborting a mission to meet with an impatient buyer. None of that. Think about that, as a Seller you could then theoretically spend more time grinding for items to sell, and make a more continuous stream of profit. You wouldn't see these spikes of profit exchanges that only really occur during prime access, it'd be more even out throughout the quarters. As a sales person, this is more my cup of tea, because you can't always rely on these sudden bursts. It's better to have a more stable and frequent selling period than the spontaneous ones we see every three-six months. Ultimately, this would help sellers become more efficient, as it would be like have a store-front open 24/7 to potential buyers. As a sales person, automation of the sales process leads to more sales, as you are cutting out that time wasted.

Yes, rivens are different. But you can attain a professional source of statistical information at some level. This is what DE is currently trying to tackle with their new Tool. It is in its infancy, so it really isn't an example for now, but should hopefully be a good example in the future. Semlar's Tool attempted this as well, as it did also list the stats and the asking price. My hope is that DE will internally construct a tool for the public soon that mimics that, but at a more robust level.

• "In a pool of the same item, sellers will tend to sell for a lower price and then platinum becomes less valuable..."

This is true, assuming each riven is exactly the same. Which they (nine times out of ten) are not. It will be clear to see which ones are good for a type of weapon, and which ones are not. The value of platinum hasn't dropped, because the prices were inflated to begin with. Recall that most "Good" rivens will sell for around 1000 platinum. Now, I don't think many working-class individuals here think that is a reasonable amount for ANYTHING (Hell, I have a hard time swallowing Prime Access, and that's 80 Dollars). Again, harken back to WOW where you have certain of the same Items, with slightly different stats. They one that is clearly better will be more expensive as a listing. Yes, if we had more listings, prices would drop to (Guess what?) more reasonable prices that people could actually afford.

Recall that when we had this sort of "Alcoholic Spending" with Genetic prints, it was removed. So yes, I do think DE would gimp this, especially if it meant keeping new players informed on Riven Trends, and keeping the community as a whole informed. Warframe is now multi-platform, and with that you have a lot more people who are not tech-savvy or those who are naive, who will buy something for $100.00. Does that sound alright to you?

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Souldend78:

Interesting @YandereWaifu

itemType": "Shotgun Riven Mod",
		"compatibility": "EXERGIS",
		"rerolled": true,
		"avg": 288.01492537313,
		"stddev": 241.56439718259,
		"min": 35.0,
		"max": 1250.0,
		"pop": 0.1843

punctuation by toolmakers can be used against market I see (unless you are telling me that min is 35k, max 1250k to make that avg 288k - didnt think so)

Source: 

In the Image the comma is the decimal separator and not the thousand separator. Just look at the Population number and the Riven stats in the text the comma is clearly a dezimal separator. Wikipedia link to use of dezimal symbol in other countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator

7 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

That would be fine except that its ludicrous price for something that isnt worth nearly as much commonly known as a ripoff. besides why would i pay for that when i already own something better for that same gun that was much cheaper (ie fairly priced) 

It's a free market. Supply and demand set the prices. If you want to sell something worth 1k for 20k, people will simply not buy it. If someone does, then it's fine, they either did not mind the price and could afford it, or were too dumb for their own good and could afford it. The only reason I can see for these useless topics complaining about high riven prices is jealousy.

Didnt read everything. 

Wanna fight insane plat prices? Just give us more kuva per mission for F sake already. We were asking to scale kuva rewards in survival since they added them. Give us more kuva so we can roll rivens more, make the "godtier" rolls more common and prices will drop. Yeah not gonna happen cause there are wallet warriors who literally throw money on they monitor so they can buy such overpriced rivens. So its all profit for DE. Might close this thread rn NOTHING is ever change.  👍

37 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

In the Image the comma is the decimal separator and not the thousand separator. Just look at the Population number and the Riven stats in the text the comma is clearly a dezimal separator. Wikipedia link to use of dezimal symbol in other countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator

Read the entry again. every line ends at a comma, so it is not a decimal separator,  the used separator at the pop it is not a comma, stop using poor excuses to rip off players. Good to see you are on board with it.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

(unless you are telling me that min is 35k, max 1250k to make that avg 288k - didnt think so)

Edited by Souldend78

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Souldend78:

Read the entry again. every line ends at a comma, so it is not a decimal separator,  the used separator at the pop it is not a comma, stop using poor excuses to rip off players. Good to see you are on board with it.

Sorry misunderstanding i thought you were talking about op picture. The 288,015 could be seen as ambiguous i thought that was what you were talking about.  

14 hours ago, SyBuhr said:

Implying Arbitrarily associated Platinum Values to PNGs are the actual De-Facto Values.

I don't think you understand what you are trying to talk about.

your talking gibberish mate, you read my last reply of course it wont make sense you need to combine all my replies to understand what im talking abt (get the full context)

you clever wannabe

16 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

WHY would anyone buy something at such an absurd price thats so far out of the range for comparable rivens,

There are a few reasons, 1st of all the seller can ask any price and you need to accept that fact and either accept to buy or or decline, what you're doing with "overpricing" is tied with poor trading conduct, you do not respect the sellers pricing, so out of you 2, he is doing something correctly, by specifying a price, you on the other hand, you're the kind that should be avoided, but again, other players might have lower standarts and trade with you.

• A common thing to do in the black market is to get 4200 platinum from another region, have someone do that for you or use other accounts to get a maximum delivery that can be purchased, so a price over 4200 essentially mitigates these problematic buyers , since they might not have the amount required even if they have 4200 ish platinum
  • The price is high to reveal players with poor trading conduct, it worked since this topic exist, you failed to remain respectfull and that is a good way to filter trade chat.
  • The ability to win a good amount of platinum, if the trade happens, a decent amount of platinum is earned
Edited by KIREEK

14 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

sure ill just go an ask x person to drop thier price by a few thousand to around what the riven was evaluated to actually be worth or the price range DE said rivens for those weapons sell for, i totally wont get declined. better idea is to just go buy from someone else who has something unrolled or comparable for a reasonable price but lets be real if theres idiots whod actually spend 60k on a vectis riven then these ripoffs will be around for alot longer. 

What are you going to do with a Vectis Riven?

You don't even need the so called 'God Rolls Rubico' ones. 

Get a Riven for 50p. Roll it 10 times and use that. 

13 hours ago, OmegaZero said:

Which is why those bots were never an accurate gauge of riven prices. Sure they were better then nothing, I’ll grant that at the very least, but listed prices are a poor measure of value since they don’t rely on successful transactions between players.

but they were and still are what most people use for trading rivens thus why there are so many inflated prices, people see that and assume its normal and do it until it is normal.

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

There are a few reasons, 1st of all the seller can ask any price and you need to accept that fact and either accept to buy or or decline, what you're doing with "overpricing" is tied with poor trading conduct, you do not respect the sellers pricing, so out of you 2, he is doing something correctly, by specifying a price, you on the other hand, you're the kind that should be avoided, but again, other players might have lower standarts and trade with you.

• A common thing to do in the black market is to get 4200 platinum from another region, have someone do that for you or use other accounts to get a maximum delivery that can be purchased, so a price over 4200 essentially mitigates these problematic buyers , since they might not have the amount required even if they have 4200 ish platinum
  • The price is high to reveal players with poor trading conduct, it worked since this topic exist, you failed to remain respectfull and that is a good way to filter trade chat.
  • The ability to win a good amount of platinum, if the trade happens, a decent amount of platinum is earned

why should i have any respect for an obvious ripoff, im a regular trader who sells things at reasonable prices ie i put an emphasis on value for money, i specifically singled out that riven because i knew it was a rip just seeing the stats in comparison to the price and to confirm it i simply looked at DEs data and folrens evaluations for comparisons and as you can see, no one buys rivens for that gun at that price hell the highest for the time period of DEs data was 1250p around 1/8 of his price and forens evaluation showed that the comparable price for rivens of that stat comp was even lower than that. Sure fundamentally hes doing ok by specifying a price but its another matter as i said before if said price is aberrant and well outside of the range of the value of the item in question ie and obvious rip then its pretty hard to say that person has good trading conduct, it would be like saying a con artist is a respectable salesman i dont know if thats how things work in whatever backward universe your from but regardless i know that i have good trading conduct as seen by how easily i get my stuff sold without costing people an arm and a leg above what the items are worth but ey if you wanna say the rip offs and friends are the ones with high standards, be my guest. i mean i guess people sit in trade chat or post on the forums trying to sell their overpriced turds for months because they want to filter out "problematic buyers" well that or they are hell bent on a price no one will pay which given my evidence seems alot more likely, you can trade with people and make decent amount of plat without ripping people off i do it literally every day and there are thousands of others who do as well. also go ahead and do that "blackmarket" stuff pretty sure blackmarkets are called such because either the goods or services are illegal in whatever medium the market is in, in this case while im not particularly knowledgeable about said method i am sure ive heard of people with multiple accounts being banned for plat trading between them. lets just leave it at if i cant earn something fairly i keep working till i can rather than relying on underhanded methods like yours and others.

Edited by YandereWaifu

The title is wrong.

It should be "Hilariously Overspending Plat Whales".

You can't sell high if no one is willing to buy high.

21 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

EDIT: i found this specific one on the trade forums, yall might thing T/C is bad but jeez the forums are like the Mos Eisley spaceport on tatooine, to quote Obi wan, "you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

2-1.jpg

WHY would anyone buy something at such an absurd price thats so far out of the range for comparable rivens, thank god folrens lets us evaluate stats and we have DEs data as well showing no one at least recently buys at that price 

Welp.

Players only got themselves to blame. They create the market for rivens and its just good capitalism that sellers are gonna squeeze them for all they're worth.

9 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

The only reason I can see for these useless topics complaining about high riven prices is jealousy.

It's kinda silly making ad hominems especially when people go out of their way to make proper arguments and you just blanket accuse people.

Here I can try it as well. The only reason I can see people being against auction house for rivens is that they're scamming other players in riven trading. 🙄

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

The fact that not only are riven prices so blatantly abused by the community but subject to nerf change, people still go out of their way to bother themselves with them.  It's like some players enjoy being disappointed....

rW9xIbV.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

i disagree if you had this auction house nonsense ppl would be competing with each other to sell the rivens i.e lowering becuz everyone else is doing the same just to be able to a chance to sell it.

instead trade chat shouold be available in open world so you can sell stuff while out and about

And what is so bad with that? It wouldnt change much as to how it is now, people would just be able to see better what is available before buying at overprices for less stats. The rivens range enormously in stats, so the guy demanding top plat for his near perfect riven can do so because someone will eventually buy it, unless of course they settle for a worse riven at a lower price.

And if you really want a balanced market there are always options for regulations in that case. Black Desert does a wonderful job with a balanced market based on supply and demand, it would just take time to implement such a system for rivens since the stats fluctuate between riven to riven.

• Like 2

Just don't buy those ones. There are plenty of noobs who sell cheap enough rivens, that is the entire reason for the whole last riven trader excapade over bots, they are literally trying to "snipe" rivens from the markets. If people weren't selling rivens for snipable prices all the time, 100s of people wouldn't be trying to get on that train to get them, and no one would have been buttmad about it

1 hour ago, zoffmode said:

It's kinda silly making ad hominems especially when people go out of their way to make proper arguments and you just blanket accuse people.

Here I can try it as well. The only reason I can see people being against auction house for rivens is that they're scamming other players in riven trading. 🙄

Count how many people ask for an auction house every month and see how DE has never made a step towards it, but rather against it. I would not mind, I think it would be great even with the inherent dangers. Sure, I must be scamming people, mostly myself as I sell the majority of my rivens at the bottom, or less than bottom price of riven market. 
My problem is not with the auction house idea, its with the bching about people trying to sell rivens for high pices. 

28 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Count how many people ask for an auction house every month and see how DE has never made a step towards it, but rather against it. I would not mind, I think it would be great even with the inherent dangers. Sure, I must be scamming people, mostly myself as I sell the majority of my rivens at the bottom, or less than bottom price of riven market. 
My problem is not with the auction house idea, its with the bching about people trying to sell rivens for high pices. 

I don't actually think that btw. I was just illustrating how silly ad hominems can be. 

I want an auction house to both buy and sell my rivens. I have a good amount of rivens right now for pretty much every weapon I intend to use.  Getting them was PAIN though and made me really despise trade chat (as alternative, riven.market is actually pleasant btw but still not as good as warframe.market or an ingame option would be). I kinda imagine people complaining about trade chat went through the same experience I did. Also, as it stands, I would technically lose a lot of plat if prices dropped. Yet I absolutely want auction house for rivens just for better game experience.

DE is great company but they do weird nonsense things all the time. Vacuum is an easy example. Constant uphill battle for players vs DE on that one. I don't think "DE is against it so it's bad" is a good argument and any long time Warframe player will likely agree. And yeah I realize you're not saying that as argument, just worth a mention.