Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon fishing bug

Angryraz

After downloading the latest hotfix, I went back into plains, started up a Ghoul bounty and decided to quickly grab some fish from a hotspot on the big lake.

After throwing and catching my first fish, where the "you caught ..." screen usually shows up, I instead had a blackscreen, I could still hear game audio and the game didn't crash, but I couldn't do anything to get rid of the blackscreen, so I alt+f4'd out.

I came back to the plains after reloading the game and tried to do some fishing without an active bounty, and I had the same problem

Update;

• I was using the Lanzo fishing spear
  • I tried to catch a mawfish twice, and I just went back and tried another, and that also caused the same problem.
  • This also happens with a Tulok spear at a ocean fishing hotspot
  • This also happens using a Peram? spear in a pond, and this time I tried to avoid using luminous dye
  • This even happens in Orb Vallis using a shockspear - so it seems to be ALL FISHING
  • You are still able to chat after the blackscreen happens
  • 23:20 GMT - hotfix 24.6.2 seems to have fixed the issue completely - caught several fish at the Gara Toht lake

Theory;

I tried to sell an arcane helmet to somebody and was unable to find it, when I went back to my orbiter to search my Inventory for it, it was missing, then I came across this thread

So I'm thinking that possibly because no "spare" inventory slots are avaliable, the game cannot resolve where to put the fish, and causes the Blackscreen, just an idea - trying to help DE here

Edited by Angryraz

A few more details;

I was using the lanzo fishing spear

I tried to catch a mawfish twice, and I just went back and tried another, and that also caused the same problem.

This also happened with the Tulok spear on a ocean fish at a hotspot