Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave, I am spent

Neofit26

Hi,

I have played for a few months, I am MR22 now. I am doing sorties and arbitrations, and have most non-Baro mods, all gotten in-game. I still consider that I have a lot to do in WF, I still have barely touched the Fortuna content. What I like to do now is develop and learn a new weapon or warframe. Even of not meta, it's fun to find effective ways to use them.

This said, I can barely do any of that since Nightwave. My most sought after resources are Orokin Reactors, Nitain and Catalysts. Before Nightwave, I was doing my thing, and when there was an interesting alert, I'd stop that for a moment, do a bit of "work" and get the needed resources. It so happened that I used to get at least a nitain a day. Every week either a catalyst or a reactor. And, as said before, barely straying from what I like to do. I need a lot of reactors. I have a few warframes barely "mastered" but not actually played, I can't afford to potato any of my companions nor archwings.

Since Nightwave started I've been doing some actual work, without air quotes, for much less result. Why on earth would I want to do the Halls of Ascension again, or the nightmares or caches, I've already paid my grinding dues and got the rewards I wanted from them already. If Nightwave made me only work for the resources I need, as in if each level gave some faction or currency that I could then use on anything, one could argue that Nightwave was an improvement. But it's not the case. 90% of the rewards I *have* to go through I'd never have spent a minute on, let alone a 60 minutes kuva survival with fake friends. Say I need the 50 wold creds, why on earth do I have to buy some emblem and a freaking salute before that?

I've just worked doing unfun things to get an emblem. Then spent more hours specifically for a mod for a Penta that I'm pretty sure I'd never use. Next is some scene that is also utterly useless to me, only I can reach the last 50 creds and buy something that would let me progress in the actual entertainment part of the game. Can I buy a badly needed reactor for that and what change I have left? No, because I also need nitain to build stuff to level up my syndicate factions. That's a problem that I never had before Nightwave.

Oh, and the last two catalyst and reactor that I spend days nightwaving for, you took away from me for Cephalon and Arbiters faction. Good job making stuff super rare but keeping them on the syndicate lists.

Next steps: again, spent hours toiling for an arcane that I may want to have in some remote future or not, then more nightwaving for yet another freaking animation, only to reach 3 formas. That's nice, but I can craft one per day with much less work.

It's Friday night and I have just finished my weekly nightwave homework. I've barely had any time left to do anything that I wanted to do. Had to make a hard choice between getting a reactor or some nitain for the last 75 wolfcreds that I will ever have. I chose nitain because I need to progress in my syndicate faction, that's a roadblock. And I am totally discouraged now, because in the coming 4-5 weeks there will be no way to get these resources. Then supposedly Nightwave2 will start with what, 2-3 weeks before one can afford some nitain/reactor/catalyst with the new currency, oh, and more work that will take most of my time and prevent me from playing the rest of the game. I feel some burnout coming up, I'm not even sure I want to log in anymore.

If you think that I'd soon discover that these resources can be bought in the in-game store for $$, you are mistaken. I consider that I am paying enough by keeping at least one booster up at all times, often two. I am buying plat and I don't mind paying for fancy stuff and storage slots, I've mastered gear through to MR22 and have barely sold back any gear. But making suddenly some resources uber rare so that people in despair rush to the in-game store is way too transparent, I won't go for that. I have now nearly 200 titles in my Steam wishlist.

• Like 34

Me too, man.  Nightwave has completely burnt me out on this game.  I want to get the umbra forma and forma bundle and more wolf creds, but every time I turn on the game I just think god I do not want to be doing this anymore.  Whatever comes after Nightwave, I'm not doing it.

Everyone has their own thoughts on what changes should be made to it.  Mine are: make it 1 week long.  Just one week.  There are 10 things to do.  You get 5 or 10 wolf creds for doing any of them, like "run 3 spy missions" or "catch 6 rare fish."  If you do 8 out of 10 of them, you get that week's big reward, like umbra forma or a free orokin reactor.  That's it.  One week at a time, so some weeks I can say nah, I'm good.

Edited by (NSW)UncleSporky
  • Like 21

I'm still going through Nightwave, it's not that bad to me but there's definitely still room for improvement, especially where wolf creds are concerned: if they just made the currency a bit more attainable, I think it wouldn't really need much else: they already ironed out the challenges people didn't like, and the rewards aren't bad, but the Creds just don't drop often enough.

I've been playing a while and I have more potatoes than I need right now, and more Nitain than I'll ever use. but for someone needing Nitain and potatoes, yes, I can see how Nightwave isn't so pretty. making Fugitives and the Wolf drop Wolf Creds, along with Wolf Cred rewards for daily, weekly and elite challenges, with appropriate scaling. all Nightwave needs is to give out more currency to those who need it, while the rest of us can just continue playing for the rank up rewards; the things we actually want because we don't need Wolf Creds.

Nightwave is an absolute traversty on player freedom and player's personal time.

Nightwave is a choice turned obligation.

I hate Nightwave's everliving guts and want it completely reworked or removed, the sh1tstain that it is.

You grind for weeks and weeks for a single or barely few things that you actually want or need and when you do get enough for something, you're forced to pick one or the other and then grind for weeks again to get for the other.

To hell with Nightwave! To hell with it. And every time I see it or read about it I get angry about it -.- This is not Warframe, this is not fun. It's tedious, disrespectful of the player...

Edited by Acersecomic
  • Like 25

I hate caches so much. I'm terrible at finding them and they sometimes bug on certain maps. I just hate it so much, it's a huge waste of time. 

But yeah doing all these tedious time-sensitive chores for things you don't want for several months till you get the item you do want is pretty saddening. It goes against what they wanted for the game when they discusses daily login changes; giving us more choice. But none of that ever happened, they just made it worse.

• Like 2

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: Nightwave should have been an a la carte system, with everything on the rep grind moved over to the cred offerings, and the tasks only rewarding creds to begin with. It should have *only* been creds and cred offerings- none of the rep grind at all.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SnowWarFr said:

If there's any light to this issue, DE is aware of this issue. However, I think they're focused on catering to veteran players right now, people who have the luxury of time.

With veterans it's bad as well.

I'm MR 25. Nightwave is constantly pressuring me to content I've already done. For example, "Do 4 Orokin Vaults". I have all the vaulted mods.

tired season 4 GIF by Black Sails

• Like 22

I feel like I haven't done anything I wanted to do in the last couple of weeks. Play for an hour, do a bit of nightwave and realize I have to go to bed...

Furthermore I realized that 7 out of 10 game modes Nightwave forces me to play feel unrewarding and mind numbingly boring. Remember those Vaults/Halls etc. from years ago? Do it again. Remember the hundreds upon hundreds of sabotage missions? Do it again. Remember how it feels to wait out Timers bored out of your mind with barely any reward to show for it? Do it again!

For me Warframe replaced Pokemon so naturally I wanna collect all the stuff... but now that I am on the clock it just feels bad to me.

The content I actually like to do is barely represented. Most of the other stuff feels like chores.

If DE wants me to treat WF like a job they are succeeding and I am still on the fence if I'm going to quit because I already got one.

Just to make it clear, my frustration comes 100% from my desire to collect everything, However what else is there to do in WF?

Edited by BlizzardMamba
  • Like 19

Nightwave weeklies do not take the entire week to finish; anyone who is taking more than a few hours a week to wrap up weeklies that aren't time gated (Simaris scans/Syndicate missions) either needs to learn how to play efficiently or spend their time getting better gear.

The Alert system was only more rewarding to people with either a lot of free time or who're able to pull away from whatever their doing with only a 10-20 minute notice. Literally everyone who was able to dedicate that much time into the game can easily clear all their Nightwave acts and reap the full benefits of the prestige ranks to stock up on extra Nitain, Reactors, and Catalysts.

Also Gifts of the Lotus still exist which were the primary source of Catalysts and Reactors anyways. As well as invasions still offering them occasionally.

As far as the whole "Nightwave makes us do content we don't want to do" how is this any different at all from the alert system? This statement applies to the alert system more than it does to Nightwave even.

Alerts forced you to do a specific mission with a specific enemy type, level range, and tileset with no exception. While the Nightwave Acts like "complete X mission Y times" let you do said mission anywhere. Complete 3 Spy missions can be any 3 spy missions you want, complete 10 Nightmare missions can be any 10 Nightmare missions, kill 500 enemies can be any 500 enemies.

If anyone is at such a point where doing any content tied to a specific mission type or objective is so painfully boring that it's making you want to quit the game then the issue isn't on Nightwave but either on the difficulty of the content itself or it's on you with being bored with the game to begin with.

And I'm not trying to say that Nightwave is at all a perfect system, it does need more work. DE has even confirmed multiple times that they are taking feedback for future seasons and have explained why they can't apply the feedback to this season. But even in it's current state Nightwave has been far better than the Alert system ever was.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, trst said:

Nightwave weeklies do not take the entire week to finish; anyone who is taking more than a few hours a week to wrap up weeklies that aren't time gated (Simaris scans/Syndicate missions) either needs to learn how to play efficiently or spend their time getting better gear.

The Alert system was only more rewarding to people with either a lot of free time or who're able to pull away from whatever their doing with only a 10-20 minute notice. Literally everyone who was able to dedicate that much time into the game can easily clear all their Nightwave acts and reap the full benefits of the prestige ranks to stock up on extra Nitain, Reactors, and Catalysts.

Also Gifts of the Lotus still exist which were the primary source of Catalysts and Reactors anyways. As well as invasions still offering them occasionally.

As far as the whole "Nightwave makes us do content we don't want to do" how is this any different at all from the alert system? This statement applies to the alert system more than it does to Nightwave even.

Alerts forced you to do a specific mission with a specific enemy type, level range, and tileset with no exception. While the Nightwave Acts like "complete X mission Y times" let you do said mission anywhere. Complete 3 Spy missions can be any 3 spy missions you want, complete 10 Nightmare missions can be any 10 Nightmare missions, kill 500 enemies can be any 500 enemies.

If anyone is at such a point where doing any content tied to a specific mission type or objective is so painfully boring that it's making you want to quit the game then the issue isn't on Nightwave but either on the difficulty of the content itself or it's on you with being bored with the game to begin with.

And I'm not trying to say that Nightwave is at all a perfect system, it does need more work. DE has even confirmed multiple times that they are taking feedback for future seasons and have explained why they can't apply the feedback to this season. But even in it's current state Nightwave has been far better than the Alert system ever was.

alert system have nothing in common with Chorewave system design wise, they only share the same rewards pool.

Chorewave turned the game into a second job and limited the time and the way people want to enjoy warframe.

Alert system was flawed since day one but also had very good things going for it, it needed a rework or a major overhaul but DE removed it instead of

no reason other than making new and old players using Chorewave with in return made a lot of people burn out of the game especially when they have

FOMO flowing through they're vines.

to be honest DE mentality is very clear right now, they want players to spend as much time in the game as possible by artificial and scummy methods

that eat your time for less rewards or enjoyment and the last itzal nerf from devstream is a proof of that.

Edited by Jinzanami
  • Like 2

This is what happens when a developer tries to turn a game into work. The element of responsibility and obligation ends up ruining the enjoyment of what should be an otherwise relaxing and stress free activity. You know, the kind of thing you do to get away from all your other responsibilities and obligations. When you need to take a break from an activity that is already supposed to be your break, then something has gone wrong.

So then, what do you do when you need a break from this game turned work? You go find another game to play. Hopefully one that respects your time, and isn't padded out with mindless chores instead of actual gameplay.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

alert system have nothing in common with Chorewave system design wise, they only share the same rewards pool.

Chorewave turned the game into a second job and limited the time and the way people want to enjoy warframe.

Alert system was flawed since day one but also had very good things going for it, it needed a rework or a major overhaul but DE removed it instead of

no reason other than making new and old players using Chorewave with in return made a lot of people burn out of the game especially when they have

FOMO flowing through they're vines.

to be honest DE mentality is very clear right now, they want players to spend as much time in the game as possible by artificial and scummy methods

that eat your time for less rewards or enjoyment and the last itzal nerf from devstream is a proof of that.

The inherent design of Alerts was always a problem. Needing to get on with little notice or risk missing out on a reward for months was an issue players have always complained about.

Nightwave could use more work towards fixing this issue but even in it's current state it has mostly solved it already.

And again this system does not take a lot of time to keep caught up on and also all of the extra time put into it over Alerts is progress towards other rewards that never existed with Alerts.

Also the Itzal nerf comment made in the Devstream came from Scott which if you know any of the history the players have with Scott, this isn't a surprising comment from him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trst said:

The inherent design of Alerts was always a problem. Needing to get on with little notice or risk missing out on a reward for months was an issue players have always complained about.

Nightwave could use more work towards fixing this issue but even in it's current state it has mostly solved it already.

And again this system does not take a lot of time to keep caught up on and also all of the extra time put into it over Alerts is progress towards other rewards that never existed with Alerts.

Also the Itzal nerf comment made in the Devstream came from Scott which if you know any of the history the players have with Scott, this isn't a surprising comment from him.

scout trinity meme have nothing to do with itzal, and nova was out of years with her 4 ability deleting mobs from the maps and nothing been done about it and there was a long  players uproar to nerf her.

but who asked for itzal blink to be nerfed or removed ? almost nobody but the reality is this : Blink is a major problem for DE open worlds bounty system because it make you skip all that crap with ease and they dont want that, it has nothing to do with balancing archwings for our sake, this is only for they're sake.

and i have said that alert was flawed didnt i ?  but why remove it instead of reworking or overhauling it ? answer this and comeback.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Because Nightwave requires you do to a *lot* more content than a single alert mission for a new hat or potato or nitain  or whatever ever did. You could safely and  comfortably ignore any alert you didn't want to do and only ever do the handful that actually had stuff you wanted. Not "You only need to do 60%-ish of the tasks" that they currently claim, and certainly not the multiple weeks you'd need to get several cred offering rewards. I don't much like spy missions, but an alert may require me to do one for something I want- which is fine. Nightwave requires three... for significantly less payoff, which is edging hard into 'chore' territory. 

Again, the rep grind and attachment of rewards and  currency to rep tiers is the worst idea possible here- for an alert replacement, all the rewards should have been a la carte, and all the tasks should have awarded currency. Anything you don't want players having more than one of- umbra forma or glyphs or whatever- you just make limited stock and boom, done. Now we only have to do enough tasks to get what we individually want, and there's no sense of it being a weekly chore. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, trst said:

With the alert system, I didn't feel like I HAD to keep an eye out for alerts and complete as many as possible in order to earn a huge reward 3 months later.  I just did them when I felt like it.  They were quick and fun and simple.  I felt no pressure to do 10 of them in a week or anything like that.

48 minutes ago, trst said:

This is kind of low.  Various factors and bad luck can lead to all sorts of problems for any given player, and it absolutely takes more than a few hours a week for many, many people.  For me, rank 11 with a max rank Rhino and Vectis Prime, I've been struggling all night to try to finish 8 missions on the plains of Eidolon.  One mission failed as soon as I entered it.  Another was at the end of its timer for finding 3 caches with 0 found.  Another I successfully finished, Nightwave ticked up credit for finishing...and the game froze and crashed.  No credit after all.  Another one I did by myself, and on the final stage I was supposed to hack a prisoner's exploding collar...and he wouldn't stop walking.  He walked right out of my hacking attempts 4 times and exploded as time ran out.

It can absolutely take an entire evening to finish 8 plains of Eidolon bounties...and that's just ONE weekly.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jinzanami said:

scout trinity meme have nothing to do with itzal, and nova was out of years with her 4 ability deleting mobs from the maps and nothing been done about it and there was a long  players uproar to nerf her.

but who asked for itzal blink to be nerfed or removed ? almost nobody but the reality is this : Blink is a major problem for DE open worlds bounty system because it make you skip all that crap with ease and they dont want that, it has nothing to do with balancing archwings for our sake, this is only for they're sake.

and i have said that alert was flawed didnt i ?  but why remove it instead of reworking or overhauling it ? answer this and comeback.

Nightwave is a rework of Alerts. It still requires you to get on and play the game to get your rewards. The difference now is you have more flexibility with what you need to do, when you need to do it, and what you're getting for doing it. It's literally the Alert system with more flexibility and a better reward structure.

And afaik the Itzal comment was specifically from Scott, not the rest of the team. The argument made for it is a sound one in that it limited the viability of the other Archwings in open worlds. There is no reason to use the other Archwings there when you could just be using an Itzal for fast travel. Which was the point, it limited viable options, not that it was making players spend too little time playing. Not saying I agree with the idea of nerfing the Itzal because of this but I also understand why they would have that idea.

2 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

Because Nightwave requires you do to a *lot* more content than a single alert mission for a new hat or potato or nitain  or whatever ever did. You could safely and  comfortably ignore any alert you didn't want to do and only ever do the handful that actually had stuff you wanted. Not "You only need to do 60%-ish of the tasks" that they currently claim, and certainly not the multiple weeks you'd need to get several cred offering rewards. I don't much like spy missions, but an alert may require me to do one for something I want- which is fine. Nightwave requires three... for significantly less payoff, which is edging hard into 'chore' territory. 

Again, the rep grind and attachment of rewards and  currency to rep tiers is the worst idea possible here- for an alert replacement, all the rewards should have been a la carte, and all the tasks should have awarded currency. Anything you don't want players having more than one of- umbra forma or glyphs or whatever- you just make limited stock and boom, done. Now we only have to do enough tasks to get what we individually want, and there's no sense of it being a weekly chore. 

But in it's current form you're not just working towards rewards from the cred shop but also from the tier rewards as well. As well as having more flexibility in when you "need" to play to get your rewards.

If you couldn't get on to catch a 20 minute to 1 hour time window to get an Alert then you could have ended up waiting months just for a chance at said reward. As well if the only alerts that came on while someone was playing weren't useful or for anything that you needed then you just ended up with nothing.

Again I'm not trying to say the system is perfect but it has solved the issues Alerts had. And Nightwave does have it's own share of problems but I don't believe they are remotely as bad as the ones Alerts had nor are they as bad as players are acting like they are.

1 minute ago, trst said:

If you couldn't get on to catch a 20 minute to 1 hour time window to get an Alert then you could have ended up waiting months just for a chance at said reward. As well if the only alerts that came on while someone was playing weren't useful or for anything that you needed then you just ended up with nothing.

Alerts are out of sight, out of mind.  I'm as likely to miss a specific good reward as I am a bunch of rewards that don't matter.  If I don't know about it, I'm not kicking myself.  Just check when you can and if you get what you need, good.  If you miss it, it'll come around again eventually.

Nightwave tells you up front what you need to do to get the big rewards.  It's not out of sight, out of mind.  You know exactly what you will be missing on which specific date if you aren't constantly working toward it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, trst said:

But in it's current form you're not just working towards rewards from the cred shop but also from the tier rewards as well. As well as having more flexibility in when you "need" to play to get your rewards.

Again I'm not trying to say the system is perfect but it has solved the issues Alerts had. And Nightwave does have it's own share of problems but I don't believe they are remotely as bad as the ones Alerts had nor are they as bad as players are acting like they are.

Right, but that's what I mean- a lot of the  rewards from the tiers are, frankly, pretty crap for a lot of people (Really? three emblems? emotes? A K-drive board? A bobblehead?) I mean, I get that not everyone feels that way, but again, this is part of the problem. They're tiers you have to push past to get to the things you want (Forma, Kuva, Cosmetic Armor, whatever), unless you're after absolutely every single reward on the tier list. A chore, in other terms- having to do things you don't want to get things you do want later. Alerts? You could ignore every single thing you didn't  want and only ever get the things you wanted. 

That said, yes, alerts had plenty of their own issues as well- like you said, it was entirely possible to miss something you were looking for because of work or school or travel or whatever and end up having to wait for months for that item to come back around if it was a specific cosmetic or reasonably rare BP, but at the same time, there was more a feeling of have to wait, there, instead of a feeling of it being a chore. 

And that's the issue, I think, for most people- it comes off as a chore. You could ignore every single alert mission you didn't want to do- you cannot ignore  more than a couple of nightwave tasks a week if you want  anything higher up the tier reward list. That's why I'm arguing to remove the tier list completely, and move everything to a credit based system- that way, you keep the feeling of only having to do things for the things you, personally, want, without the feeling of "Ugh, I have to push through 5 tiers of crap for something that interests me"  

• Like 5

They just need to turn down some of the quests. 2 Luna puzzles sure easy fast reuse some content, but 4?? That’s 1-3 games. 8 bounty’s in POE??? 8! Hmmm that’s like 2 hours to get that done can we make it also 2?

im fine with going back to old content but can we not drag it out?

This Wolf stuff shoud be able to be done fast so we can get back to doing other stuff we want to do. I only did the new fortuna boss once when the event hit because all I had time for was Wolf. the new prime I’ve opened 0 relics and got 0 just did all wolf.

any 1 wolf mission should take 20 min max and the rating should be how hard the guys you fight are. We have a lot of stuff in warframe that we want to do besides this.

though that being said having guys spawn in to normal missions is good.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, trst said:

Nightwave is a rework of Alerts. It still requires you to get on and play the game to get your rewards. The difference now is you have more flexibility with what you need to do, when you need to do it, and what you're getting for doing it. It's literally the Alert system with more flexibility and a better reward structure.

The main difference between alerts and Nightwave is the effort vs reward ratio. With alerts, you could get stuff fairly quickly. You did a mission, you got a reward. But with Nightwave, you have to put in significantly more effort before you get anything. You complete a challenge over several missions, you are now 30% closer to the next rank. And its even worse if the next thing you want is still several ranks away.

With alerts, you could simply choose not to do one you didn't want to without missing out on what you did want. But if you do that with Nightwave, you will never get to what you want. Even if the next several ranks give stuff you don't want, you still have to do challenges and grind through them. This is what makes it feel much more like doing chores. Completing several unenjoyable challenges over a couple weeks before getting even a single item you want is far less tolerable than simply waiting for an alert to pop up, doing one mission, and getting something you want.

The main weakness of alerts was the random chance aspect. But this tedious, unrewarding grind is not better.

• Like 5

DE should just bring back the quick alert system in combination with the grindy nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play. The nightwave system feels like a chore - do these 15 no fun acts each week for 10 weeks to get around the same rewards as before.

It's not surprising that players feel burned out and don't even want to login, because it not longer feels fun to play.

So they play other fun games instead and who can blame them - certainly not DE - that should have asked its gaming community for feedback before launching it in the first place.

I have 75% off Platinum for 48 hours - but why would I use it on a game that's no longer fun to play and just feels like a chore.

• Like 5

IMPO Nightwave's issue is that credits are too rare & Catalyst/Reactors are too expensive.
(To be fair...those items are some of DE's money makers though...)

If capturing Convicts gave some Credits, and all rank up awarded Credits then the OP's burnout might be lesser as he'd have more Credits & could buy what he desires.

That said...to play devil's advocate...
If you have nearly everything then you've truly played the game to death. Which is a huge part of your burnout.
Honestly, Alerts for Reactors/Catalysts were rarer than the current Nightwave System with it's current prices/reward structure.
So while, Yes you might see an "interesting" alert that you just had to run in & knock out real quick. Those were once in a blue moon/stars align/maybe once a month (excluding Devstream Alerts).
Nightwave is essentially gives you 4 guaranteed Catalyst/Reactors if they are the only things you spend Creds on. Tat is much more/significantly more than what the old Alerts rewarded, additionally, that's 80p (over $4.99 of value on console) in free items.

Nightwave like this week's impo are good as the challenges mostly were fulfilled by basic gameplay. The Lua Challenges, Nightmare Missions, and Orokin Vaults were slightly more intense but they are easily skipped just like 98% of Alerts were skipped by the entire playerbase (We all know its true. Only Oxium, Nitain, Forma, & Catalyst/Reactor Alerts really got ran.).

@Shadow-Spawn
If DE had both systems then all folks would do is complain about the other.
"DE it's not fair that Nightwave players can get ___ anytime they want."
"DE it's not fair that Nightwave players get cool emotes, cosmetics, & items. But the Alerts for them never appear."
"DE why can't the cosmetics/Umbra Forma/Emotes from Nightwave drop in some alerts?"
"DE the alert for Umbra forma dropped at 4:10am. I was asleep. It isn't fair that I have to grind Nightwave or sleep on pins & needles."
or the flip side...
"DE I spent 2 weeks grinding Nightwave for (insert item here) but then an Alert drops for it and instantly rewards those who didn't work as hard as me."
"DE why bother with Nightwave if an Alert can randomly pop up with the Rank 30 item as the reward?"
"DE it's easier to do an alert than rank up __ times for an item."

My point is that DE would have to hard lock rewards to keep both systems viable & no one would be happy.
Alerts get Aura Mods, Resources, Credits, Nightmare Mods, Alt Helmets, Noggles/Decorations, Weapon BPs, Alt Weapon Skins, & Catalyst/Reactor/Forma BPs
All at random with the stingy RNG dictating what pops up the most.

Nightwave gets: Emotes, Cosmetics, Captura Scenes, Fully Built Reactors/Catalysts, Nitain x5, Forma x3 Bundle, Weapons, Alt Weapon Skins, Alt Helmets, Unique Mods, Glyphs, Sigils, Noggles/Decorations, & Kuva.
But players get to buy outright what they want or get them as rank up rewards.

That's me trying to divide it evenly (Trying to think how a business probably would divide it all) & I see nothing but salt.
No matter how you divide the rewards; the salt levels of the playerbase would reach critical mass in no time flat.
We all know DE won't change the Alert RNG, so the best Alert rewards would be extremely rare & most likely pop up when folks are at work, sleeping, in class, etc.
There is no way in hell Emotes, Armor, Captura Scenes, Forma x3 Bundles, fully built Forma/Catalysts/Reactors, Glyphs, & Sigils would ever be an alert reward outside of Devstream GotL Alerts. Kuva was never an Alert reward due to Kuva Siphon Missions.

So yeah. No one would be happy with "both" existing.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

4 hours ago, trst said:

why spread misinformation ? Alert and Chorewave have nothing in common design wise

Alert missions are one-time, temporary Missions which appear randomly in place of any mission on a planet's map which a player has previously unlocked (though not necessarily completed).

Chorewave is BR Battle pass syndicate style system that get fomo sprinkled all over it.

the only thing alert share with chorewave is the reward pool because DE wanted it to be that way, regardless of the alert system flaws with is DE fault, it was a good source for rewards for all the players and especially new players.

saying that Nightwave is the alert rework is like saying Riven System is the Damage 3.0, or saying Eidolons is the rework for the raids system that get canned, flawed logic.

• Like 3