Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just my personal thoughts about warframes and abilities

Whoops320

Personally i feel like DE needs to go back and rework older frames instead of releasing new frames so often. There are some abilities that would make more sense and fit the theme of other frames. For example Wisp that they showed on the latest devstream. Her 4 fits Embers theme a lot more imo. They said that Wisp would be a portal themed frame (at least that's what i think they said correct me if i'm wrong)  but i didn't see much related to portals exept her 2 with the projection thing u could teleport to. Don't get me wrong i love how Wisp looks and the abilities looks nice but it just don't fit her theme. They say they don't like the afk type abilities like Embers 4 but wouldn't u agree that Wisp's 4 they showed would look and fit Ember a lot more? I think they should put a temporary halt on developing and releasing new frames and go back and tweak, change or replace underwhelming or just bad abilities of other frames so not just 1 or 2 abilities on a frame are worth using. For me it's really sad that a lot of frames have abilities that are just so useless or situational that they just aren't wort using.

Yeah the big problem with DE is that they seem to be scared about re-visiting old stuff. Whenever they have re-worked old warframes it has almost always been after heavy community begging and after the thing gets reworked it tends to be not done well or up to what the Community wishes. The devstream today especially showed how they are afraid of changing the game. When warframe first came out, certain things were more powerful and in the meta compared to today (obviously) like Vauban for example. They talked today about re-working him to use more single target abilities which I do not really agree with. The bigger arch seems to be that DE is spending so much time on the new content that they are too afraid to redesign parts of the game to help old frames. Unless they go back and really change some aspects of the game, I think Vauban and especially Wukong are just not going to get fixed.

I like wisp as well. Thought her abilities were cool but it did worry me a lot, especially considering how similar her abilities were to Loki. Her clone spawning and then teleporting thing is literally just a better version of Loki's 1 and 3. My fear is that once they release wisp, Loki is going to become obscure and they will not change him either. Whether they dont fix old frames based on fear or just unwillingness is debatable though.

I don't know if it's so much "afraid" of reworking older frames as they are afraid of losing interest in WF from not releasing new content all the time.

Personally, I think that's a bad way to look at it. If you look at games like PSO, people still play that today despite not having any new content since 2004, and most of the people that do play it are primarily playing the original 1999 content. Games like CSGO also don't really get much in the way of new content, but revisits to old content actually get a lot of traction/get people playing again.

Personally, I think tweaking meta content would likely see just as much of a positive response from the community as a new warframe(which, frankly, isn't really exciting anymore) provided that they're actually improving it; fixing bugs, streamlining mechanics, and adding nuance, rather than the usual increased timegating, new rewards to loot, or "harder"(more annoying) enemies.

If not for Nightwave, a super terrible and boring event topped by a messy, broken boss fight, a new warframe, a new prime, and a remaster of POE stealing attention away from the melee rework, I'd wager people would be very positively receiving that, and talking about all the ways it can be improved with subsequent hotfixes. It really was a step in the right direction, and has a lot of potential, despite some work needed in getting the interface right. Most of it would be pretty easy stuff, some of it less so. But, all the attention is on nightwave being a mess, exploiter orb being broken, and a bunch of community drama.

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I don't know if it's so much "afraid" of reworking older frames as they are afraid of losing interest in WF from not releasing new content all the time.

Personally, I think that's a bad way to look at it. If you look at games like PSO, people still play that today despite not having any new content since 2004, and most of the people that do play it are primarily playing the original 1999 content. Games like CSGO also don't really get much in the way of new content, but revisits to old content actually get a lot of traction/get people playing again.

Personally, I think tweaking meta content would likely see just as much of a positive response from the community as a new warframe(which, frankly, isn't really exciting anymore) provided that they're actually improving it; fixing bugs, streamlining mechanics, and adding nuance, rather than the usual increased timegating, new rewards to loot, or "harder"(more annoying) enemies.

If not for Nightwave, a super terrible and boring event topped by a messy, broken boss fight, a new warframe, a new prime, and a remaster of POE stealing attention away from the melee rework, I'd wager people would be very positively receiving that, and talking about all the ways it can be improved with subsequent hotfixes. It really was a step in the right direction, and has a lot of potential, despite some work needed in getting the interface right. Most of it would be pretty easy stuff, some of it less so. But, all the attention is on nightwave being a mess, exploiter orb being broken, and a bunch of community drama.

I think they are very much "afraid" of going back and re-working old frames because, like I said, fixing frames like Wukong and Vauban requires editing some aspects of the game which they seem to either be afraid of messing up or just unwilling to do. I think it's unfair that they always put so much work into "Let's make this warframe, then let's make this one". Like I might be alone here, but we don't need 3 warframes every year. It is not fun or really necessary in my opinion. They need to go back and look at some of the issues already present in the game before adding new stuff in.

also comparing Csgo to warframe is not really a fair comparison but I get the point you're trying to make 🙂

Edited by BenaBean