Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take Wisp's current 4th and give it to Ember instead.

Fiedra

I dunno about you but I was pretty upset when I saw like, my DREAM ultimate for Ember... on Wisp. a frame that's ghost-themed, using a clearly fire-themed attack.
Why not give older frames some love? Ember is capital p Pathetic right now. Absolutely no survivability and no reason to use her besides nostalgia. She could really use a look-see and that ability you showed off frankly belongs on Ember.

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

What's the ability, and was it press-4-to-win like Ember's before it got rightfully nerfed?

you summon the literal sun through a portal and shoot a big fat fire beam at enemies. so like world on fire, but you have to aim it. which is way better.

I definitely agree with the OP. That power belongs on Ember. I'm gutted that it's showing up on Wisp. I like Wisp, I like her design and her other powers, but it doesn't make any sense on her. Ember has been mediocre ever since she lost Overheat and something like this would really liven up her kit.

Her visual design is that of a tough, buff muscle girl, but it seems the designers want her to be a squishy mage. A power like this makes sense for a squishy mage!

Edited by auxy

Ember, a frame designed around fire, just fire, should summon a portal to dispense the power of the sun. Do y'all get what the frame themes are or is anything hot Ember's domain?

9 minutes ago, Chicadino said:

You must be tons of fun at parties.

Your OP is pure emotional baggage. Why is that DE's, or my, problem?

8 minutes ago, auxy said:

I definitely agree with the OP. That power belongs on Ember. I'm gutted that it's showing up on Wisp. I like Wisp, I like her design and her other powers, but it doesn't make any sense on her. Ember has been mediocre ever since she lost Overheat and something like this would really liven up her kit.

Her visual design is that of a tough, buff muscle girl, but it seems the designers want her to be a squishy mage. A power like this makes sense for a squishy mage!

It doesn't belong on Ember because it wasn't designed for Ember. Summons are kind of Wisp's thing, no?.

Visual designs have never meant anything to ability designs.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Ember, a frame designed around fire, just fire, should summon a portal to dispense the power of the sun. Do y'all get what the frame themes are or is anything hot Ember's domain?

A power that involves a giant flaming beam belongs on a frame whose four other powers are based on stealth and supporting her teammates? Do you understand game design? Then again...

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Visual designs have never meant anything to ability designs.

Nonsense. "Thematic" doesn't just mean in a lore or in-world sense. Visual design, sound design, even the shape of the Warframe itself all play into the character of the frame. I don't think the Sol power makes sense for Wisp -- she doesn't have anything else that suggests "portals" despite what Rebb said.

It DOES make sense for a frame entirely designed around heat powers, and it's a damn sight more interesting than World on Fire.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, auxy said:

A power that involves a giant flaming beam belongs on a frame whose four other powers are based on stealth and supporting her teammates? Do you understand game design? Then again...

Beams? By that logic, it belongs as Revenant's 4, or since it's the sun, Mirage should get it since she deals in light and stuff.

3 minutes ago, auxy said:

Nonsense. "Thematic" doesn't just mean in a lore or in-world sense. Visual design, sound design, even the shape of the Warframe itself all play into the character of the frame. I don't think the Sol power makes sense for Wisp -- she doesn't have anything else that suggests "portals" despite what Rebb said.

It DOES make sense for a frame entirely designed around heat powers, and it's a damn sight more interesting than World on Fire.

Valkyr doesn't meow when you use Warcry.

Then Ember can get a new ability. This was designed as part of Wisp's kit. Let Ember have something original.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Beams? By that logic, it belongs as Revenant's 4, or since it's the sun, Mirage should get it since she deals in light and stuff.

I'll give you points for creativity, but it's a beam of heat, not a beam of light. (You could argue that they're both radiant energy, but, well, let's not go there.) ('ω')

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Valkyr doesn't meow when you use Warcry.

Valkyr also only has the most vague of cat elements in her design; one helmet, and her ability to avoid landing stun.
Hysteria after all is more of a wolverine or badger thing -- or Norse berserkers, given that her name is Valkyr.
(Also I think lots of people would pay big plat for a custom audio set for Valkyr where she does meow. lol.)

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Then Ember can get a new ability. This was designed as part of Wisp's kit. Let Ember have something original.

I mean, if you're asking me, personally, I would like to see Ember get Overheat back. I really like Accelerant; it's World on Fire they should have removed.
Blend Overheat and World on Fire; give her a big damn fire aura that is more intense as you get closer to her, and have it reduce the damage she takes based on damage it deals.
I think she needs something to make her beefy again. She always seemed like she was supposed to be beefy.

—————————————————————————

My real complaint personally is actually more that the power just doesn't seem to make any sense for Wisp.
I think the "Sol" power is awesome. I love it, it's killer. It just doesn't seem to fit her "wisp-y" design at all, and it absolutely doesn't blend into her kit whatsoever.
It definitely belongs more on Ember than on Wisp.

I think most of what you're seeing in this thread is pent-up frustration at one of the coolest frames in the game, Ember, languishing in the dustbin of power creep.
Along comes this new Warframe, and yeah, we all love new content. We like Wisp. She looks cool and cute in equal measure. I really like her 2 power.
But she's real flashy and seems to have a power that fits better on another frame that already exists and needs some love.

That's where this thread came from.

2 minutes ago, auxy said:

That's where this thread came from.

Then it can just as well stay in the thought space it came from. As it is, they typed it out so here we are.

This isn't for Ember. There was never a chance this would come to Ember. Ember is already known to the devs as a target for a relook. Why is it so hard to not immediately take new things and want them taped and stapled to other frames?

Just now, peterc3 said:

Why is it so hard to not immediately take new things and want them taped and stapled to other frames?

You didn't read all of my last post. I'll quote it for you:

5 minutes ago, auxy said:

I think most of what you're seeing in this thread is pent-up frustration at one of the coolest frames in the game, Ember, languishing in the dustbin of power creep.
Along comes this new Warframe, and yeah, we all love new content. We like Wisp. She looks cool and cute in equal measure. I really like her 2 power.
But she's real flashy and seems to have a power that fits better on another frame that already exists and needs some love.

DE might know that players aren't satisfied with Ember, but they sure aren't talking about it.

I'm really glad Vauban is getting a full rework, and I think he needs it. That's great, I'm happy about that.
He's not the only one who needs attention, though.

1 hour ago, Chicadino said:

on Wisp. a frame that's ghost-themed, using a clearly fire-themed attack.

This happen many times, heres one example

zephyr 1st ability, tailwind, you have no control, you press, you dash, cant change direction or stop at will. The frame was suppose to excel at mobility.

BUT somehow

revenant can reave similar to zephyr 1st ability AND you can steer it and change direction at will even though its eidolon themed and has nothing to do with mobility at all.

and even hildryn can hover better and can be actually modded around that

Its normal in games like this, old stuff get shafted for new stuff, So just dont get your hopes up you will be dissapointed.

1 hour ago, auxy said:

That power belongs on Ember. I'm gutted that it's showing up on Wisp.

Accurately represents my feelings on the matter, as well. What's really sad about it is following Wisp and spamming Flash Accelerant for her is about to become the most meta thing we can do.

I'm down to give ember wisps 4. Don't let the effect teams work go to waste but also don't put the sun on a ghost theme frame.

Ember with the sun would make a million times more since as the sun is just a hot ball of fire which ember is all about. I would like to keep world on fire though. Would be more then willing to give up fire blast for it though. Esp if it goes from being a cost over time to a single use cost.

Title.

I've seen people all over the community talk about how Ember could be reworked, and that solar beam thing would be a perfect ability for her. Also- Wisp's 3rd ability could probably be moved to Ember in some way, shape or form as well.

While we're on the subject of Wisp's fire abilities- Why does she even have fire abilities? There are ZERO aspects about her that would suggest any sort of affinity to fire or solar flares. The only abilities that actually fit the Frame are her buff pods that she places down, and her decoy. Her 3rd could be reworked to instead pulse out the effect of whatever pods are placed (Stun pod pulsing a stun, speed pod pulsing a speed buff for teammates, and the third pod pulsing out whatever it grants- I forgot already), though I don't know what could be done to replace her 4th.

Overall, I'm not excited for Wisp in the slightest. She looks incredibly boring and half of her abilities don't fit her at all.