Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 1: First of Many, last of None.

Tenno-nymous

When I learned about Alert Missions getting an overhaul, I wasn’t really excited or should I say emotionally invested. I guess the “quest to complete every planets node for resource accessibility” finally took its toll. After all, its what I’ve been doing since my tenno woke up.  Select a mission, clear the objective,  get the goods. Repeat as necessary. And even if I miss a blueprint, I can always buy the finished product in the market.

The day came and Alert Missions finally got a name: Nightwave, and with it came Nora the Narrator, and  complete “challenge objectives” to acquire needed points to progress through the different levels of rewards presented. Great, another syndicate has joined the lobby.

What I have here is just PERSONAL opinions influenced by hours of playing warframe and playing other games which I find bear the same principles.

·         The challenges itself lack “challenge”, mechanical and objective wise. Honestly I’ve had better satisfying challenges done written in purple letters.

·         Aesthetics shouldn’t be part of the tiered rewards, rather these should already go straight to the “night-creds” only pool and readily available for purchase for anyone with enough ncredits to spend. Whether the player spends his/her first ncredits on aesthetic or to something useful later in game should lie on our shoulders.

·         You simply can’t tell people to not do every challenge in order to get the presented rewards before the series is over, especially if doing everything actually speeds up the progress bar. Everyone started at the same time but not everyone finishes on the same date. The frustration of lagging behind all because of something you can’t control (e.g having craptop/potater, S#&$ernet, adulting demands etc. ) while the rest is pulling away will make you question whether participating is really worth it or a complete waste of time. It’s a blow to ones ego. Wanting to “get it all over with fast" stemmed from the fact that most already saw the whole lotus-forbid solar system to take a damned picture, hell even actually partnering up with another player as part of the condition is a burden. If one of the players encounter an unprecedented external/internal problem then the objective for that guy will be forfeited, regardless of how near or far the player is from completing the task. An example is a Spy Sortie mission where all three vaults have to be completed. Different players go to different vaults, and if one of them fails to unlock the vault the whole mission is busted. Toxicity could possibly follow up. While I cant speak for everyone, but I’d really rather go solo if I can to avoid hiccups I have no control of and be efficient with my methods.

·         Please, no more weapon augments in the coming cycles, rather give us something worth while like boosters or hard to obtain resources. Anything that cuts the grind is always a welcome motivation to a weary player.  Anything tradable, especially augments, will always have a direct/indirect impact to the games economy. The augment maybe cheap now because of abundance but as soon as that weapon gets a buff or if the resource dries up, expect the shark players to come swimming in.

Im currently 2 levels away from completing the set, and as far as Im aware of I haven’t missed any of the 3k/5k missions and taken dailies casually. If theres anything good about rushing this is the consolation of knowing the fact that im done with nightwave series 1 next week. Never really paid attention to fashionframe to give a crap about nightcreds and what the NW shop offers. Besides potatoes, alertium and auras, the others are just...well…requires a specific taste to appreciate.

Thanks for taking the time to read and have a great day.