Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Variety Fix (Itzal Nerf), K-Drive problems

Lion

Scott has made it clear he wants to nerf Itzal because K-Drive sucks.

In my opinion, Itzal is not overperforming, K-Drive is just underperforming. Heck I can outrun a K-Drive with Loki.

Please just buff K-Drive and call it good.

• Like 12

its not the fact kdrive sucks  its the fact any other archwing and kdrives sucks compared to the itzal  specialy movement wise

1 minute ago, Lion said:

In my opinion, Itzal is not overperforming, K-Drive is just underperforming. Heck I can outrun a K-Drive with Loki.

3 minutes ago, Lion said:

its more that the itzal overperforms not only vs kdrives but every other archwing, everyone uses the itzal for open world if they have it exactly because it so much better, the movement should be reasonably similar for all archwing without 1 standing out as the defacto must have option.

Edited by Methanoid

Itzal is the lynchpin of the 5x3/6x3 strategy.  The only potential compromise would be allowing 24/7 Eidolon hunts to make the speed it provides less mandatory.  Where a 5% slower run doesn't mean 20% fewer rewards.

Also flying between objectives/conservation spots is boring.  I would accept proper afterburners on all archwings in atmosphere in exchange for Itzal's 1.  Buff alternatives to keep overall speed the same and just introduce more variety.

Edited by Callback

Alright, here's the deal, and a lot of people don't want to hear this, but he's right: the Itzal's 1 power "Blink" is the best traversal power in the whole game and it totally ruins the chances of having anything else be a pointful way of getting around.

However, I don't think drastically nerfing it or changing it is a good way to resolve that. Here's a simple fix (get Pablo to work on it, he loves UI):

Give the Itzal a UI element with three little dots that recharge over time, say, maybe 5 seconds. Those are your Blink charges. 

Three blinks is enough to evade any hazard, and it will even move you pretty far if that's the only reason you want to use Blink.
Limiting the archwing to three jumps also heavily mitigates players' ability to "abuse" the power for traversal, although the Itzal will still be the fastest way to get around.

————————————————————————

With that said, I don't think Blink is the issue most players have.
The problem is simply that the Archwings are fast enough (holding sprint + jump for boost) to obviate K-Drives for traversal.
That's the issue you need to focus your creative juices on, not dealing with Blink. Blink isn't the problem.

To reiterate, the problem is this:

1. Join a bounty in an open-world zone (plains/vallis/etc)
  2. Other players hit their archwings and blast off, even in the Elytron
  3. I pull out my K-Drive
  4. There is no way I will get there before anything short of a defense objective is already complete.
  • Like 2

Another issue is that nobody actually fights in Archwing. Itzal's survivability is its invisibility; without it, Itzal dies as fast as... well, as Loki does during ground combat

But nobody actually plays Archwing missions, 99% of Archwing usage is on open worlds

Nerfing Itzal isn't even wallpapering over a crack, it's tearing down a load-bearing wall in a completely different house

• Like 1

IMO there are 2 problems here:

1. K-Drive itself is slow and it needs speed buffs

2. There are no content that make K- Drive's kit useful / needed. > This is what I believe what the core problem is. K-Drive's sole purpose is transportation and it's being overshadowed by Itzal right? Then make a content where K-Drive and its kit useful where itzal's can't do it. Like I already mentioned before, maybe caves where it can only be traversed with K-Drive by grinding rails or something.

Edited by kingvaldemir
  • Like 9

Are they mad about people not using K-Drives or something (I guess they must be), or bypassing all the scenery? 

K-Drives are like fishing and mining - they're side games, a little Tony Hawk in your Warframe. If he's worried about traversing stuff too fast, Scott really ought to look at how people play starchart missions. 

Leave it all alone, Scott. If you wanna to some nollie grinds, you have the option. If you just want to straight-line travel, you have the option. Nothing in the game is breaking because of this. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1