Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Variety Fix (Itzal Nerf), K-Drive problems

Lion

4 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

I remember watching brozimes video about this. Where does it end? After they nerf itzal they will go after archwings as a whole, then mobility abilities, then operator, then bullet jumping. Cause, news flash DE, all of the above are faster then kdrive. 

Someone is salty...

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Someone is salty...

nah, just questionable balence changes in the workshop. Buff kdrives, don't nerf everything else to be garbage.

Even other devs were giving a "is this a late April fool's joke?" face when they heard him talk about fixing kdrives issues by nerfing itzal. Just doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

its not just scott dont be naive, you think he dropped that itzal nerf in a devstream out of nowhere ? for how many years do you think they know each other ? this idea had to be discuses  for months or years and scott was the perfect person to get the word out because hes a meme in this community on nerf matters, they're just testing the water.

and you can go to the plains/valleys right now and see for yourself how fun and amazing is to walk on foot or with kdrive to do bounty's, itzal blink just ease things up and DE dont like that from the look of it, they want us to spend more time playing walking simulator just so they have more current players in-game wasting they're time for absolutely nothing.

DE are hiding behind the beta tag so bad and its need to be stopped, they have no repsect for our time or money when it comes to they're bottom lines, and gotta stand up for ourselves.

See.  I wasn't going hostile to DE.  

I really enjoy playing Warframe.  I want to keep playing it mostly the way I am now with improvements here and there.  Nothing about nerfing the Itzal sounds like an improvement tho.  

That's what I was trying to get across.  That comment Scott made was in context to nobody using anything but the Itzal.  My point is that the problem isn't the Itzal is OP or anything.  It's that it's exactly the right tool for what players need.  

Basically, getting from Point A to Point B is a nail, and the Itzal is the only hammer while the K-drive is more of a spatula.  The solution isn't to force players to trying hammering in nails with spatulas.  The solution is to give us reasons to use a spatula in the first place.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

I remember watching brozimes video about this. Where does it end? After they nerf itzal they will go after archwings as a whole, then mobility abilities, then operator, then bullet jumping. Cause, news flash DE, all of the above are faster then kdrive. 

What a surprise, the Itzal nerf is gonna do exactly what it's intended to, give people MORE OPTIONS! I like how you guys are digging yourselves deeper and deeper into the ground, making the Itzal nerf sound more and more reasonable with each post.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Quite a bit of hyperbole going on there.

14 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Enemies has hitscan. There you go.

i fail to see the significance of this short statement - are you referring to when Archwings get shot down? rarely are you getting Damaged out of Archwing, it's usually going to be that literally any Enemy shot some SAM's at you, which will cancel Archwing if a few of them hit you and they probably will if you're not Teleporting.

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You know what's funny about these threads? At this point there are just a meme. So why would DE listen to you guys? óÒ

yeah they should only listen to the meatloaf eater who sallow anything DE throw at them.

feedback is still feedback be it in general discussion or feedback section, you dont drop a bomb like this on a devstream then except everyone to be quite about it.

and on the topic, what will nerfing blink would change ? why did it become a problem,em only now ? itzal blink have jack to do with damage or healing or whatever the hell.

blink is used for one propose only and its to travel fast trough the empty shallow crappy and boring open world DE keep dropping on our heads that they ijnect with many syndicate time walls that force you to do bountys and boring crap to progress trough them and all of the rewards are hidden behind a freaking rng.

you can have your promised nerfed/removed blink right now, go to the valleys and pop up your k-drive and farm some bountys and lets see how that would make you view the game differently after you have done this for months or even years.

Itzal did nothing wrong, DE just want us to be more miserable grinding they're time rng gates, nobody have times to look at rocks and body of waters scott, thats it .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

What a surprise, the Itzal nerf is gonna do exactly what it's intended to, give people MORE OPTIONS! I like how you guys are digging yourselves deeper and deeper into the ground, making the Itzal nerf sound more and more reasonable with each post.

Before Archwings became free to use I exclusively ran Nova on the plains.

Allowing me to use Itzal whenever I needed to travel gave me a lot more options for my warframe.

If they nerf Itzal,Nova, Volt and the other archwings I'll be left with what exactly?

K-Drive or crawl?

That's just one option.

3 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Quite a bit of hyperbole going on there.

Yea, it's meant to be exaggerated since by the third nerf at the latest they would realize. "Maybe we should buff kdrives instead of nerfing everything else" but I wasn't exaggerating the fact that even without archwings, warframes alone are better mobility options then kdrives.

Just now, 16Bitman said:

Before Archwings became free to use I exclusively ran Nova on the plains.

Allowing me to use Itzal whenever I needed to travel gave me a lot more options for my warframe.

If they nerf Itzal,Nova, Volt and the other archwings I'll be left with what exactly?

K-Drive or crawl?

That's just one option.

No, I meant, nerf Itzal and already people have a crapton more options. Even before the nerf has been put in place, people are already figuring out they can simply replace Itzal with either the Void Dash, or Nova's Wormhole, or Volt's ridiculous speed, or heck, Itzal itself, cause it's still the fastest archwing. That's 4 different choices as opposed to Itzal being the ONLY choice when it came to fast movement across the open worlds. Goal achieved right there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Yea, it's meant to be exaggerated since by the third nerf at the latest they would realize. "Maybe we should buff kdrives instead of nerfing everything else" but I wasn't exaggerating the fact that even without archwings, warframes alone are better mobility options then kdrives.

While I do agree, you are right, I don't think buffing K-Drives is the answer. By allowing players to speed through environments, we might as well just tell DE to stop making environments and give us a flat plane with a big point B marker. As it stands, I do feel DE is wasting a lot of time and resources on assets majority of the players won't even notice.So I'd say it be more cost efficient if DE stopped creating new tiles and maps as the players do not care about it seems.

i would much prefer if all arch wings had itzals speed. solved. better buff the other than nerf something nice, right ? its not like were in a competitive pvp game here. scott mentioned choice...if all archwings were this fast, or at least half as fast, then -> solved and choice remains imo.

The government should shut down air travel because it gets people where they want to go over long distances too efficiently.

That's what I keep seeing.

Plus it completes Archwing. It's movement is the worst thing in the game so getting rid of the last good part of Archwing is a natural progression.

Edited by Plushy
typo made a bad word
  • Like 2

Just now, iLLusionMast3r said:

just be glad EA doesn;t own this game

if they did then we would have seen some ass whopping and they might shape up, as for right now the cultist and the fanatics are giving them so much passes they turned them into another version of EA that have no competition , i know for a fact that a big chunk of the player base wanted Anthem/Destiny to crash and burn simply because they poses a threat for they're beloved game when the fools dont realized that competition is best thing for the consumer .

also fyi, the majority of DE stocks are owned by a Chinese food company, if the player base turn on DE then you will see another face, the only reason you didnt is because the fanboys made it that much easy for DE to keep a steady stream of revenue without much fuse or backlash otherwise the parent company will rip them a new one.

4 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

While I do agree, you are right, I don't think buffing K-Drives is the answer. By allowing players to speed through environments, we might as well just tell DE to stop making environments and give us a flat plane with a big point B marker. As it stands, I do feel DE is wasting a lot of time and resources on assets majority of the players won't even notice.So I'd say it be more cost efficient if DE stopped creating new tiles and maps as the players do not care about it seems.

With buffing kdrives. I don't think buffing speed is 100% necessary, even something like, letting us use abilities and guns in them would be a great buff. Kdrives would have the niche of being slower then archwings but in exchange we keep more killing power then archwings.

I also expect the railjack update to make standard archwing missions more important, so people might actually care more about archwing abilities.

As much as I like the stunning scenery, I really need a good reason to explore or take it slower. right now both open worlds feel empty, sometimes it just feels like it's a standard mission with less enemies and longer hallways. The new mini boss is actually a step in the right direction in terms of making POE more interesting. 

I definitely agree that nerfing Itzal would just be a nerf to general game feel as opposed to a buff to K-Drives.

Odonata is better than a K-Drive too.

It is simply a fact that being able to fly over obstacles is inherently better than having to move around or over them. Not to mention, you can't shoot from a K-Drive but you can from an Archwing.