Lion

Archwing Variety Fix (Itzal Nerf), K-Drive problems

Posted (edited)

IF they are gonna nerf Itzal's Blink in any way, I hope they do it gently, and actually buff up the other underwhelming stuff, as well.

Like:

• Itzal's Blink now has a 5 second cooldown (to tone down the mobility-superiority a bit).
  • Itzal's Blink now leaves behind an afterimage, working as a decoy, on the spot you teleported away from, for 3 seconds (to give it another use other than mobility / Anti-AW-missile-dodging)
  • Afterburners on all Archwings are now all quite a bit faster (meant as an "equilizer" change)
  • Many damage-foused Archwing abilities now partially deal True damage (i.e. shield/armor-ignoring) (<- I suggested this YEARS ago, btw).
  • K-Drive sprint speed is now SIGNIFICANTLY faster (to make them better as mobility tools) - prior to mods (The K-Drive mods just makes this even faster!)
  • You can now use all non-grounding and non-Exalted Warframe abilities freely while on a K-Drive! Exalted abilities and grounding Warframe abilities are still useable, but using them will dismount you from the K-Drive (Grounding abilities are those abilities that now pull Warframes down to the ground to be cast, like Rhino Stomp, Soundquake etc).
    Actually, considering the recent "cast in air"-changes, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to make K-Drives look more appealing.

See? Wasn't hard to equalize this without butchering Itzal entirely...

Edited by Azamagon
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

How many threads will there be this week wtf and why does no mod merge anything.. 

• Upvote 2

K-drives have nothing to do with this. Itzal is the only Archwing that is used to travel fast. That's it. And if they nerf that one ability? Do you seriously think that an archwing should be used only for one ability or something?

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Allow the Operator to use K-Drive while keeping the abilty to void dash and they MIGHT have a little chance to be used more often, otherwise: flying over obstacles is always faster then driving around them, so unless they remove Archwings...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

K-drives have nothing to do with this. Itzal is the only Archwing that is used to travel fast. That's it. And if they nerf that one ability? Do you seriously think that an archwing should be used only for one ability or something?

go to the valleys and use elytron to farm bounty and lets see how that would speed up or help with your grind, you have no idea of what you're talking about my dear, so lurk more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

What a surprise, the Itzal nerf is gonna do exactly what it's intended to, give people MORE OPTIONS! I like how you guys are digging yourselves deeper and deeper into the ground, making the Itzal nerf sound more and more reasonable with each post.

It doesnt give people more options as its not providing anything, more options provides just that, MORE OPTIONS. Nerfing itzal only does one thing, removes one option.

The other options still exist, they just arent ideal since BETTER options (itzal) are available.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Just now, Jinzanami said:

go to the valleys and use elytron to farm bounty and lets see how that would speed up or help with your grind, you have no idea of what you're talking about my dear, so lurk more.

I actually use K-drives both in Cetus and Vallis even when I'm grinding. Because you know... I just like to chill out. Unlike you. Who completely went bonkers over an ability getting nerfed.

• Woah 1

Yeah so, railjack is coming, and itzal's getting a speed nerf?

Are they buffing other parts of the itzal or did they make it a slow moving tissue paper target?

Nerfs should only come when things are overpowered.  The itzal is not over powered, it's just more convenient.  It's not like it's Zenurik or plague zaws.

People don't like the K drives.  Why fight the sun coming up in the east?  What member of DE loves these stupid things so much that they'll nerf something that works?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I actually use K-drives both in Cetus and Vallis even when I'm grinding. Because you know... I just like to chill out. Unlike you. Who completely went bonkers over an ability getting nerfed.

bonker ? you lying to your teeth lol ! if k-drives and walking is that great then why scott suggested to take out blink ? what for ? so we use other archwings ? for what exactly ? 

what propse does it serve ? and why nerf it now ? why should i use any archwing other than itzal or the healing one ? comeback when you can answer that one.

• Like 1

One reason I don’t prefer KD is how restricting they are. They only revolve around OV and if you want to make them better, you have to spend all your time there. Now this makes sense lore wise but it’s really annoying gameplay wise 

You have to farm the standing in OV which is a nightmare for low end PCs. Do races or circle the pearl for standing while having crappy FPS, and get essential mods from a syndicate made entirely to stretch out the ‘content’ in the first few weeks of OV introduction.... While I can just get the freebie AW I got from a quest and even that is faster. I can understand good mods like dual stats or whatever which drop from the kids, but don’t lock out essential ones. Give us different ways of earning standing for the KDs, wats outside of OV

One of the biggest faults of DE is their damned pride. Just because you spend work on a system doesn’t mean you can force it on us. This happened for skins, weapons, you name it. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jinzanami said:

bonker ? you lying to your teeth lol ! if k-drives and walking is that great then why scott suggested to take out blink ? what for ? so we use other archwings ? for what exactly ? 

what propse does it serve ? and why nerf it now ? why should i use any archwing other than itzal or the healing one ? comeback when you can answer that one.

I don't have to answer it. Since you are so butthurt the only thing you can think about is that you're right and everyone who disagrees with you is just a "blind fanboy". So there is no reason to answer you and there is no reason to continue this pointless conversation. Though I hope they will nerf Itzal now. 

• Woah 1

Just now, JackHargreav said:

I don't have to answer it. Since you are so butthurt the only thing you can think about is that you're right and everyone who disagrees with you is just a "blind fanboy". So there is no reason to answer you and there is no reason to continue this pointless conversation. Though I hope they will nerf Itzal now. 

you're far gone, you've been playing since 2013 you should see trough they're facade by now, but from the look of it you're a lost case.

and so since i am butthurt, does that mean you took that needle like a good boy without screaming or complaining ? just something to think about.

and provide one valid reason on why you think they should nerf itzal now, where are you 3 years ago ? why nert now, or was it because scott said so and since hes a dev then as a cultist you gotta take his word to the heart and defend it no matter what without any critical thought, this is exactly what i see with you now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jinzanami said:

you're far gone, you've been playing since 2013 you should see trough they're facade by now, but from the look of it you're a lost case.

and so since i am butthurt, does that mean you took that needle like a good boy without screaming or complaining ? just something to think about.

and provide one valid reason on why you think they should nerf itzal now, where are you 3 years ago ? why nert now, or was it because scott said so and since hes a dev then as a cultist you gotta take his word to the heart and defend it no matter what without any critical thought, this is exactly what i see with you now.

Looking at ppl who lose their mind over it this much, It would actually make happy if they would nerf it into oblivion so I could see all these ppl go completely insane.

• Woah 1
  • Applause 1

You know it's funny, the dev team seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from Devil May Cry 5 lately, which I am totally and completely on board with.
Maybe they could take some inspiration from that game's Qliphoth levels for the area design of a new area where K-Drives and even on-foot movement are the most efficient way to get around.

I mean you could argue that that's already the case for most of the game; most of the starmap for sure, but those aren't big open-world zones.
It COULD be interesting to have what is essentially a Grineer Galleon or Corpus Facility open-world area with a fixed layout, just extremely massive. Missions could take place going from A to B, on small parts of the map. That's all getting a bit off-topic though. ;つД`)

I wish someone at DE would reply to these posts at least.
Even a "thanks for posting, that idea is interesting" (or, on other types of posts "thanks, we're looking into it" or "thanks, we understand" or "thanks for the feedback" or "thanks for the kind words") would let us know that our voices are being heard by somebody on the inside.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Looking at ppl who lose their mind over it this much, It would actually make happy if they would nerf it into oblivion so I could see all these ppl go completely insane.

you should've said that from the start so i dont waste my time arguing with you lol, you're a fanatic trough and trough, you just like to be against the tide especially when the tide is against DE.

you didnt answer jack from what i asked you, why nerf it now and for what reason ?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

This will be the icing on the cake, they will bleed (even more) players to newer games and those who remain will feel more inclined to become "free play" only.. I'm gonna check out Sekiro. Peace.. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

you should've said that from the start so i dont waste my time arguing with you lol, you're a fanatic trough and trough, you just like to be against the tide especially when the tide is against DE.

you didnt answer jack from what i asked you, why nerf it now and for what reason ?

Umm.. I answered it. You're lazy and want to just blaze through everything.

And nah. I'm not a fanatic I just like to piss off others.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1

Will you be complaining about content drought in the future? Yes? Then stop complaining about them taking the easy route. Nerfing one item is easier, takes less time and less manpower to do than buffing everything else would. That means more time and more manpower for more content. Like it or not, we're a really demanding bunch of aholes, so they'll always take the easiest route to satisfying us, because we will never be satisfied for long.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Syrtis said:

As yes the same hackneyed idea of, if you don't like it leave. How about instead we stay and try to make it better for everyone.  It's one aspect of they game but a major one. They are trying to force people to use their crappy kdrives by nerfing the one good archwing. They may as well have made all AW the same boring generic thing.

We can not make the game better for everyone. Because everyone don't want the same thing. If I want Itzal nerfed and you don't, then how can we make the game better for both of us? That would be impossible. Since the Warframe community is not a hive mind, and since we clearly want very different things from the game, every decision made is bound to make someone happy, and someone else unhappy. 

2 hours ago, iLLusionMast3r said:

what if they nerf itzal then buff k-drive 

What's actually going to happen is that they'll nerf Itzal (forgetting that Itzal's tradeoff was always giving up tankiness for the sake of speed) then release a bunch of new archwing content where Itzal is completely useless because it's both squishy and slow and never remember to buff it back up.

• Applause 2

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Umm.. I answered it. You're lazy and want to just blaze through everything.

And nah. I'm not a fanatic I just like to piss off others.

so how exactly should've i play POA when it was released in your opinion ? if i am farming for an Eidlon lens or Augur secrets should i use itzal blink/void dash or should i walk on foot so i can enjoy every rock and tree i come across after i done that bounty for 99th time ? 

why was not this a problem until now ? hm ? why ? and i can see that you enjoy to piss off others and i have the same mode swings sometimes, its the reason i am banned from overwatch until 9 of this month lol, i like to make drama.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I sincerely hope they Nerf it. Just to show everyone who's the boss muahahahaha 

They took my void, so now it's time they take stuff from you guys 😉 have fun!

Maybe they should take your life next? 😂 

When everyone loses, there is no winner.

2 hours ago, Xydeth said:

i would much prefer if all arch wings had itzals speed. solved. better buff the other than nerf something nice, right ? its not like were in a competitive pvp game here. scott mentioned choice...if all archwings were this fast, or at least half as fast, then -> solved and choice remains imo.

This. Elytron Core Vent could become a Volt style speed buff and the Odonata Decoys could also do something for its speed since they mostly do nothing. No idea for Amesha but they will figure something out.

Also, the EMP rockets on open world needs to go. There is no point using Archwing for anything outside of speed if they are all equally papery. Make Elytron and Odonata able to actually rain death from above while not dying. Make Amesha as indestructible as it is in Archwing missions.

47 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

For Orb/PoE, Archwhings 99% of the time are used purely for mobility, this means, you take the one that is going to accomplish that the best. It's inefficient to sit on your Archwing for combat, which also means you wouldn't bring one that is good for it, which again, encourages bringing the best Archwing in terms of mobility. Itzal isn't even the only case of being brought for a single ability. Look at how Rhino is generally brought only for his shield or his buff depending on content; Trinity is mostly brought for her second skill, the list goes on. Various content sees preferences for specific abilities and even weapon types.

There are plenty of other ways of making other Archwings desirable for Orb/PoE or K-Drives. it's simply easier to just nerf Itzal and call it a day, pat themselves on the back and say they tried.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, LSG501 said:

The only way the dev's are going to force me into using the k-drive to traverse around an open world is to physically remove archwings....if you do that I won't bother with open worlds, I'm already bored of them so it won't be a great loss.

I don't like k-drives, I just don't like how they control and I hate the fact I need to level them for no reason other than to get my mr standing, they shouldn't have been tied to MR and should have been a side 'mission' we can access for racing or stunts etc. 

Archwings will ALWAYS be faster than k-drives when we can fly over rather than around the mountains....the simple fact is that k-drives are poorly thought out for a mountainous map, they're 'fine' (albeit slower still) on PoE.

This is an issue that DE brought on themselves, they added something that wasn't needed or good enough 'just because' players were asking for it....not everything people wants is right for the game.  If DE wanted to add k-drives what should have happened is that they should have been the transportation on PoE with it's flat open map, archwings should have been for OV and no use of the k-drives there. 

Itzal should not be punished because DE added something that wasn't right for a map.

In all honesty it annoys the hell out of me when 3 of us are waiting at the exit and one player has decided they're going to crawl back to the exit from the other side of the map on a k-drive when the rest of us have used our archwings, hell I've been in situations where we've finished a bounty before a k-drive user has even got to it's location... we don't have all day to wait for a k-drive to catch up.

To add, if they want us to use K-Drives more, make K-Drives part of combat then!

How about wielding melee while on K-Drive and slashing enemies while we speed past them, sorta like horseback cavalry but in a more... space ninja swag manner?

K-Drive gains a use for ground combat and see more frequent usage.

Archwings remain as the best open-world traversal option.

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

This. Elytron Core Vent could become a Volt style speed buff and the Odonata Decoys could also do something for its speed since they mostly do nothing. No idea for Amesha but they will figure something out.

Isn't the point of archwings that they all have distinct playstyles though? Just like how Frost P has 0.95 speed but Equinox P has 1.2 speed?

Give Elytron the ability to move quickly, then that gives it speed and offence, where itzal doesn't have that. If we stick speed on all the other archwings, then logically itzal should get all the offensive traits of the other archwings too. Maybe shove in amesha's survivability into all the other ones too? That just homogenises all of them and they'll all be the same.

Itzal is good at traversal. That's because it's the fast archwing. It's also rubbish at surviving and dealing damage. That'd be clear if archwing missions were any good. If they nerf itzal before they release the archwing rework, it'll have no use in either archwing missions OR in the open world.