Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Variety Fix (Itzal Nerf), K-Drive problems

Lion

The cost on this mod has always perplexed me. 

And that's coming from someone who worked it into their Elytron build because I thought the Elytron would be cool on the Plains and then between AW ability scaling and the auto dismount mechanic..... yup kinda felt like wasted Forma. 

Here's a superman idea; since this is a good opportunity to make itzal feel what it was initially designed for which is speed, and teleportation maybe practical and functional but it's boring, so why not make it randomly summon frontal rings where you get a timed speed boost every time you fly through one and stacking maybe up to 5x ?

29 minutes ago, Blazeon3421 said:

No, just no. If this happened, Itzal would be pointless when you can ignore and increase damage with the Odonata, K-Drive would be more obsolete, and you would cause a bigger problem. Also, if Afterburner was changed like that, you would and you are contradicting yourself

My argument isn't "Travel in the open world is too fast". My arguement is "The fastest way to get around the open world shouldn't be gated behind a specific Archwing."

Reduce the Iztal's speed from its abilities. Make every Archwing super-fast. No contradiction there. 

Edited by Aejan

they should just make all modes of travel faster.  I like blink so I can finish missions in a reasonable amount of time and move on to something else.  There is alot to do in this game.  You shouldn't nerf iztal because k-drives and other archwings aren't fast. If people are using it, it is because that is the way people want to play!!  So make the game more condusive to people enjoying the game the way they obviously want to.

Edited by Caffeinian
grammer

24 minutes ago, Caffeinian said:

they should just make all modes of travel faster.  I like blink so I can finish missions in a reasonable amount of time and move on to something else.  There is alot to do in this game.  You shouldn't nerf iztal because k-drives and other archwings aren't fast. If people are using it, it is because that is the way people want to play!!  So make the game more condusive to people enjoying the game the way they obviously want to.

It's literally in my post to make the other Archwings faster. 

If they want us to like k-drives, why not make them actually feasible to rank up. I can't even imagine putting a forma in one. I have yet to max out any of them, and I regularly use the same K-Drive to get from place to place when doing conservation. The amount of affinity I receive is abysmal, despite doing a ton of tricks along the way. As it stands, the only bearable way to rank them up is grinding the rails on the Pearl. This should not be the case.

AS for OPs suggestions, I don't agree that they are useful, if anything it would make that particular power be utterly ignored and keep in mind Itzal has fast travel and stealth as its concept. (So let's nerf that I guess, that makes sense.)

Instead of nerfing something to make k-drives more used, they should be looking at buffing K-Drives. No archwing is as slow as K-Drives and people just are not going to use them to travel from point A to point B. 

Why not give us some rewards for those races you set all over the place. Give a very low random chance of awarding an ephemera and people will be doing them nonstop. 😉

14 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

If they want us to like k-drives, why not make them actually feasible to rank up. I can't even imagine putting a forma in one. I have yet to max out any of them, and I regularly use the same K-Drive to get from place to place when doing conservation. The amount of affinity I receive is abysmal, despite doing a ton of tricks along the way. As it stands, the only bearable way to rank them up is grinding the rails on the Pearl. This should not be the case.

AS for OPs suggestions, I don't agree that they are useful, if anything it would make that particular power be utterly ignored and keep in mind Itzal has fast travel and stealth as its concept. (So let's nerf that I guess, that makes sense.)

Instead of nerfing something to make k-drives more used, they should be looking at buffing K-Drives. No archwing is as slow as K-Drives and people just are not going to use them to travel from point A to point B. 

Why not give us some rewards for those races you set all over the place. Give a very low random chance of awarding an ephemera and people will be doing them nonstop. 😉

The point of this isn't to make K-Drives used more, it's to make the Archwings that aren't Iztal get used more. 

Just now, Skiritai said:

geez, dev says an obvious joke and makes sure you realize its obvious regarding the player question of k-drives vs. itzal. Then ignorance prevails.

Some of the devs where joking, at least one of them made it explicit that they where dead serious or it wouldn't have caught any traction with the community.   

• Like 1

DE needs to look at why itzal is used in the first place. 

Instead of nerfing that they could...

Buff all other archwings to have same speed (obviously, not blink). 

Add more than one exit point in open worlds, they finally (after over a year) added multiple points to talk to konzu on the plains. So add some 'beam me up scotty" extraction points there too? They teased what seemed to be this with railjack, so I hope they deliver.

When something becomes meta, you find out why; if it breaks the game you look at more than 'just nerf it'. Sometimes it's a simple reason "gets from A to B the best and makes everything else irrelevant". But in this case it shows some underlying problems that nerfing won't alleviate, and instead of taking this a self-reflection experience and looking at what they could do to make it better. I feel they're looking at the short-sighted approach, which is nerfing, which might have some issues down the line. 

I've heard reasoning being "it leaves new players behind" - if that's the case, then operator mode will too, and it requires far more grind than itzal. 

I've heard it invalidates other forms of travel, then add more exit points so that form of travel isn't needed to begin with quid pro quo

It's fine that they want to 'fix' something that is broken, but like chroma - they took too long to 'fix' this, and it's become a staple of the game. They act like we the community are unreasonable, but in this case - if they gave such a damn about balance, they should've done this sooner, like when the plains first came out.

48 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Either way I just want it rounded up to 30% or down to 25% because the odd number bugs the hell out of me.

Why I never~ 27.5 is a perfectly cromulent number that embiggens the speed of our Archwings~

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

We dont need more clunky mechanics to come to archwings.

Blink is fine as it is. If they wanna change how it interacts on open world maps they can simply do a few simple things.

Remove archwing abilities from atmosphere flight i.e when used as skywings.

Let frame abilities be used while using skywing.

Normalize skywing speed, use the current Itzal speed.

Use frame hp, shields, armor etc. when in skywing mode.

There, archwings are simply made to traverse the regions when used as skywings.

The most practical answer.  Maybe not the most interesting, but it allows One to "fashion frame" their Archwing for landscapes since, well, most Archwing abilities aren't really scaled properly to land-based enemies anyway.

And people, you can't say "don't nerf the Itzal, buff the others" and not offer... anything as a suggestion for a buff.  It really is all about Itzal's blink that's the problem, and they're not going to be able to buff the other wings without essentially giving them blink too.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

1 hour ago, Skiritai said:

geez, dev says an obvious joke and makes sure you realize its obvious regarding the player question of k-drives vs. itzal. Then ignorance prevails.

It wasn’t an obvious joke at all, Scott was actually rather heated and emotional over it. Rebecca was also worried and kept shooting him side glances.

Scott was in no way joking, guy.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Il y a 6 heures, Aejan a dit :

My argument isn't "Travel in the open world is too fast". My arguement is "The fastest way to get around the open world shouldn't be gated behind a specific Archwing."

Reduce the Iztal's speed from its abilities. Make every Archwing super-fast. No contradiction there.

If you make all other archwings super fast, then the tankiest/highest dps archwing will be used more and Itzal will never be used, that does not fix the problem. Also something that bothers me about this nerf is... what about everything else ? 

Best survival endless frames :Octavia/Ivara/Ash

Best non-arbitration interception : Nyx/Ivara/Nidus

Best exterminate frame : Ember(low level) / Saryn / Equinox / Mesa

Best defense frame : Limbo/Frost/Khora/Garaa

Best index frames : Garaa/ Rhino / Mesa 

Best rescue frame : Limbo

Best farm frame : Nekros/Hydro/Khora/Speed Nova

Best eido/exploiter frames : Chroma/Trinity/Volt/Oberon/Harrow

So why pick other frames like Atlas/Banshee/Baruuk/Excalibur/Garuda/Hildryn/Loki/Mag/Mirage/Revenant/Titania/Wukong/Zephyr ? 

For example for eidolons, if you pick anything other than what is meta (Atlas for ex, or garuda or anything ) you don't optimize your clearing time. For farming why always go at least with 1 nekros and speedva . For exploiter why spam chroma/octavia . With all the frames that are underpowered Itzal is the issue ? Hell who cares about Itzal nerf for Railjack when even Steve said he didn't like railjack, for anything there is a "Best" thing to pick, always, you cannot create a perfect world. Now my question is ---- why do people stick pick those useless frames (atlas etc..), simple : they pick them because they love them. Archwings do not create any love, you don't "Like" an archwing you just use the most potent one, and that will always be the case, so nerfing Itzal will never change that fact. Your point is that making every archwing as fast as Itzal is a fix, well no because other archwings have what Itzal doesn't have now which is survivability/damage, so do we even nerf them now to make all archwings do same damage/ have same survivability and same speed ? This is kinda ridiculous , some weapons in this game suck, would you use a Furis to go to a secondary only sortie ? Hell no , we always choose what is best to do things fast and efficiently , there is no fix to that, a Slash weapon will always be better than a Impact one, period, i feel like this hate towards Itzal isn't justified by Scott, he just said "I'm gonna nerf the S#&$ out of that" because "it removes player's choice", when he said that you could see that Rebecca was not agreeing with him, neither Steve was, or any other member, i don't get why hate Itzal so much or why NEVER anyone has posted before concerning itzal in open worlds but now that k-drives are more obsolete and Scott began the subject, people would like this to change... For me this is just not justified, i will always pick the best choice given to me, and IF I FIND SOMETHING FUN , i use it,and you know what i find the least fun ? Spending 20minutes going through empty landscapes when i am not using the best choice given to me.

Alternative solution:

1) Give blink a 2 second cooldown between uses in atmosphere. It keeps it's mobility in standard missions, but looses it's broken movement system in the open world.

2) Give a flat speed boost to all K-drives, buff Perfect Balance so it scales up to 99% (9% per lvl instead of 6) to compensate for the increased control difficulty, and buff Extreme Velocity and Nitro Boost to 48% (8% per level instead of 5%). This would give you the option to make K-Drives crazy speedy transport craft instead of trick machines, and give you the tools to make them stable enough to accommodate their speed.

3) Add two new mods for K-Drives.

The first increases K-Drive acceleration to help get back up to speed if you get caught on terrain.

The second adds a directional blink as an alternative to "Poppin' Vert". Not compatible to combine the two and can't be used for upwards mobility but instead gives a reasonable distance teleport for bypassing difficult terrain like Archwings can.

4) Add more combat capability to K-Drives. Press a button to switch between trick mode and combat mode. When in combat mode the trick buttons are disabled but you can use your secondary, your melee, and your Warframe abilities from your K-Drive. To dismount switch back to trick mode and use melee as normal. This allows K-Drives to effectively become combat mounts far better than Archwings and gives them a purpose even if they're not built for travel.

5) Please buff the Damage mods for K-Drives. They're all pretty abysmal. Outside of the lowest level bounties they're a waste of mod points taking upwards of a minute to kill trash mobs. Please make them actually worth our time.

Give all arch wings free unlimited blink when doing a combo key press just like bullet jumping.
Make itzals 1 something else that would bring its combat abilities up to par with the other wings.
Make K drives way faster..

I feel like its a similar issue to when coptering was a problem.  They talk about it in noclips warframe documentary :

https://youtu.be/NA5vT1LooXk?t=846

Set us free!!!
Let us all fly at the speed of light!!!!
BWUAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by SteelOverseer666
Added a source