Lion

Archwing Variety Fix (Itzal Nerf), K-Drive problems

48 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Either way I just want it rounded up to 30% or down to 25% because the odd number bugs the hell out of me.

Why I never~ 27.5 is a perfectly cromulent number that embiggens the speed of our Archwings~

Well why not, normally mod like this won't worth a slot on warframe but this is like the only useful mod on these glorified taxi

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

We dont need more clunky mechanics to come to archwings.

Blink is fine as it is. If they wanna change how it interacts on open world maps they can simply do a few simple things.

Remove archwing abilities from atmosphere flight i.e when used as skywings.

Let frame abilities be used while using skywing.

Normalize skywing speed, use the current Itzal speed.

Use frame hp, shields, armor etc. when in skywing mode.

There, archwings are simply made to traverse the regions when used as skywings.

The most practical answer.  Maybe not the most interesting, but it allows One to "fashion frame" their Archwing for landscapes since, well, most Archwing abilities aren't really scaled properly to land-based enemies anyway.

And people, you can't say "don't nerf the Itzal, buff the others" and not offer... anything as a suggestion for a buff.  It really is all about Itzal's blink that's the problem, and they're not going to be able to buff the other wings without essentially giving them blink too.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

16 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

and they're not going to be able to buff the other wings without essentially giving them blink too.

It's almost like we're watching the advent of Bulletjumping all over again 

The Itzal is speed.

That is the one and only thing it does well.

If the other archwings excelled in anything at all, the Itzal wouldn’t be the defacto archwing for anyone that actually plays the game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skiritai said:

geez, dev says an obvious joke and makes sure you realize its obvious regarding the player question of k-drives vs. itzal. Then ignorance prevails.

It wasn’t an obvious joke at all, Scott was actually rather heated and emotional over it. Rebecca was also worried and kept shooting him side glances.

Scott was in no way joking, guy.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

As an attack helicopter, I want faster speed for the same cost.

Use to use that mod full on my Itzzy. It’s not that useful. Did not even notice much of a difference between me and any other player. 

Il y a 6 heures, Aejan a dit :

My argument isn't "Travel in the open world is too fast". My arguement is "The fastest way to get around the open world shouldn't be gated behind a specific Archwing."

Reduce the Iztal's speed from its abilities. Make every Archwing super-fast. No contradiction there.

If you make all other archwings super fast, then the tankiest/highest dps archwing will be used more and Itzal will never be used, that does not fix the problem. Also something that bothers me about this nerf is... what about everything else ? 

Best survival endless frames :Octavia/Ivara/Ash

Best non-arbitration interception : Nyx/Ivara/Nidus

Best exterminate frame : Ember(low level) / Saryn / Equinox / Mesa

Best defense frame : Limbo/Frost/Khora/Garaa

Best index frames : Garaa/ Rhino / Mesa 

Best rescue frame : Limbo

Best farm frame : Nekros/Hydro/Khora/Speed Nova

Best eido/exploiter frames : Chroma/Trinity/Volt/Oberon/Harrow

So why pick other frames like Atlas/Banshee/Baruuk/Excalibur/Garuda/Hildryn/Loki/Mag/Mirage/Revenant/Titania/Wukong/Zephyr ? 

For example for eidolons, if you pick anything other than what is meta (Atlas for ex, or garuda or anything ) you don't optimize your clearing time. For farming why always go at least with 1 nekros and speedva . For exploiter why spam chroma/octavia . With all the frames that are underpowered Itzal is the issue ? Hell who cares about Itzal nerf for Railjack when even Steve said he didn't like railjack, for anything there is a "Best" thing to pick, always, you cannot create a perfect world. Now my question is ---- why do people stick pick those useless frames (atlas etc..), simple : they pick them because they love them. Archwings do not create any love, you don't "Like" an archwing you just use the most potent one, and that will always be the case, so nerfing Itzal will never change that fact. Your point is that making every archwing as fast as Itzal is a fix, well no because other archwings have what Itzal doesn't have now which is survivability/damage, so do we even nerf them now to make all archwings do same damage/ have same survivability and same speed ? This is kinda ridiculous , some weapons in this game suck, would you use a Furis to go to a secondary only sortie ? Hell no , we always choose what is best to do things fast and efficiently , there is no fix to that, a Slash weapon will always be better than a Impact one, period, i feel like this hate towards Itzal isn't justified by Scott, he just said "I'm gonna nerf the S#&$ out of that" because "it removes player's choice", when he said that you could see that Rebecca was not agreeing with him, neither Steve was, or any other member, i don't get why hate Itzal so much or why NEVER anyone has posted before concerning itzal in open worlds but now that k-drives are more obsolete and Scott began the subject, people would like this to change... For me this is just not justified, i will always pick the best choice given to me, and IF I FIND SOMETHING FUN , i use it,and you know what i find the least fun ? Spending 20minutes going through empty landscapes when i am not using the best choice given to me.

Alternative solution:

1) Give blink a 2 second cooldown between uses in atmosphere. It keeps it's mobility in standard missions, but looses it's broken movement system in the open world.

2) Give a flat speed boost to all K-drives, buff Perfect Balance so it scales up to 99% (9% per lvl instead of 6) to compensate for the increased control difficulty, and buff Extreme Velocity and Nitro Boost to 48% (8% per level instead of 5%). This would give you the option to make K-Drives crazy speedy transport craft instead of trick machines, and give you the tools to make them stable enough to accommodate their speed.

3) Add two new mods for K-Drives.

The first increases K-Drive acceleration to help get back up to speed if you get caught on terrain.

The second adds a directional blink as an alternative to "Poppin' Vert". Not compatible to combine the two and can't be used for upwards mobility but instead gives a reasonable distance teleport for bypassing difficult terrain like Archwings can.

4) Add more combat capability to K-Drives. Press a button to switch between trick mode and combat mode. When in combat mode the trick buttons are disabled but you can use your secondary, your melee, and your Warframe abilities from your K-Drive. To dismount switch back to trick mode and use melee as normal. This allows K-Drives to effectively become combat mounts far better than Archwings and gives them a purpose even if they're not built for travel.

5) Please buff the Damage mods for K-Drives. They're all pretty abysmal. Outside of the lowest level bounties they're a waste of mod points taking upwards of a minute to kill trash mobs. Please make them actually worth our time.

Posted (edited)

Give all arch wings free unlimited blink when doing a combo key press just like bullet jumping.
Make itzals 1 something else that would bring its combat abilities up to par with the other wings.
Make K drives way faster..

I feel like its a similar issue to when coptering was a problem.  They talk about it in noclips warframe documentary :

https://youtu.be/NA5vT1LooXk?t=846

Set us free!!!
Let us all fly at the speed of light!!!!
BWUAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by SteelOverseer666
Added a source

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

4) Add more combat capability to K-Drives. Press a button to switch between trick mode and combat mode. When in combat mode the trick buttons are disabled but you can use your secondary, your melee, and your Warframe abilities from your K-Drive. To dismount switch back to trick mode and use melee as normal. This allows K-Drives to effectively become combat mounts far better than Archwings and gives them a purpose even if they're not built for travel.

I am down for K drive buffs but why this restriction? Weaving combat into tricks, say shooting some corpus as you hang upside down on OV, slashing someone as you blitz past them with a sword calvary charge style or hosing down a circle of grineer in PoE as you do a trick spin seems like a pretty neat way to get Kdrive EXP and Standing, along with killing enemies in style.

There are people who love rule of cool things...

Edited by Guest

Just now, Datam4ss said:

I am down for K drive buffs but why this restriction? Weaving combat into tricks, say shooting some corpus as you hang upside down on OV, slashing someone as you blitz past them with a sword calvary charge style or hosing down a circle of grineer in PoE as you do a trick spin seems like a pretty neat way to get Kdrive EXP and Standing, along with killing enemies in style.

Because Console. There's simply not enough buttons. Aim and Fire are already used for tricks which would prevent them from also being used to aim and fire. There's not really any good options to reassign the trick buttons to that wouldn't interfere with other stuff in the heat of combat.

Posted (edited)

DE thought that the reason player choose to use Itzal is because of that brink ability, which I disagree. The main reason most people want to use Itzal is because of Cosmic Crush. And the reason why people want Cosmic Crush is because of the problem DE create in the first place, you have to touch the eidolon's loot in order to get them. Once in a while on my eidolon hunt, I get team mate usually without Itzal miss the eidolon shard that require to summon the 2nd or 3rd eidolon and he can't find the location where the loot drop after he go to the alter, he has no choice but to leave the game so that the rest of us can continue the hunt. This problem also bring over to profit taker and exploiter hunt, especially exploiter hunt which only have a brief moment to get the loot before it blow up and destroy everything.

So why people stick to Itzal? The most obvious reason is the lack of a quick way to switch archwing, loadout only work on warframe and companion. The same reason is also apply to operator and amp, that is why you seldom see people switch focus, operator's arcane and amp, most people always stick to the same focus, operator arcane and amp because switching them is troublesome and most often forget to switch back when necessary. So I am quite sure nerf brink will never force player to use other archwing more. One thing for sure, I will stick to Itzal even DE take away brink from Itzal, partly due to I always forget to switch back to Itzal when I use other archwing and feel uncomfortable without Cosmic Crush during eidolon hunt.

There is one more reason I like Itzal is because of the instant stop by pressing 2. Archwing is always a pain in the ass when you want to stop and there is some weird physic where by if you turn opposite direction while flying, you will immediate go opposite direction at full speed, this is something I never get use to and hope I will never get use to because it might be danger in real life.

Now back to the question, why some loot need player to touch it in order to get it and why some loot need to press x to pick it up. Is that really necessary?

Edited by vitreloy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 7

Bad game design -> players use what tool they have to overcome the issues -> devs removes tools instead of fixing issues.

• Like 9
  • Applause 14
  • Upvote 3

To be honest Cosmic Crush is pretty much why I picked up the Itzal a long long long time before PoE was even a Twinkle in a Tennocons eye. Expressly because Looting in AW was so miserable. And since the Itzal was made out of tissue paper it's the reason I actually invested some time/effort into building it out so it wasn't quite so squish. 

It wasn't even until PoE that I really even started using Blink. Even then my base power reserves are so low that I don't get too far before I run out of Go Juice and can't be bothered to use it further.

By all means keep Cosmic Crush the way it is but I'd be very happy if there was some kind of AW Vacuum mod equivalent. 

• Like 3

I didn't even know what the Itzal's other abilities were until reading this. I just use the first ability to zip around 😅 I built it because I always showed up late to bounties in the Orb Vallis with my Odanata, but not anymore!

• Like 2

People use Blink to ignore most of the open world zones. I really don't think you can just disagree with something DE has the metrics for.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, vitreloy said:

This problem also bring over to profit taker and exploiter hunt, especially exploiter hunt which only have a brief moment to get the loot before it blow up and destroy everything.

What ? :O !!!!

2 hours ago, vitreloy said:

Now back to the question, why some loot need player to touch it in order to get it and why some loot need to press x to pick it up. Is that really necessary?

Remember The Universal Vacuum Fiasco ? Yeah thT one was stupid. Also loot mods not allowing Atlas to pick up Chrystal Meth....

Also why are the bulk of loot lockers permanently locked in every mission ? I mean I don't even open them anymore but why ? 

Why is DE always hamstringing our ability to loot S#&$.

32 minutes ago, Oreades said:

To be honest Cosmic Crush is pretty much why I picked up the Itzal a long long long time before PoE was even a Twinkle in a Tennocons eye.

I remember doing Archwing Interception where everyone was using Itzal but me... so someone picked latest?cb=20171007150249by accident.  I asked him to mark but he couldn't find the invisble sparkly thing in all the chaos....so he got a super rare drop and the rest of us got nothing.

It goes without saying I ALWAYS USE ITZAL NOW !!!

24 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

People use Blink to ignore most of the open world zones. I really don't think you can just disagree with something DE has the metrics for.

You mean those gigantic spaces chock ful of nothing ?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

DE wants player choice and balance between archwing even though in order to use blink you need atleast full energy to blitz the entire map which never happens anyway by my personal experience.

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

As long as they replace it with something like Volt speed which can be shared then its no big deal

• Like 1
  • Woah 1

I liked it when I could pair an AW with my Warframe load outs. I don't know why they removed that feature. 

It should be just like focus schools.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

You mean the vast empty spaces

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

You mean the vast empty spaces

Is this supposed to change something? OP asserted DE missed the reason people were overly picking Itzal. I said they didn't miss anything. OP can't know that and DE has actual data to work off of.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 2