Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A list of bugs I have encountered recently

(NSW)JayronAuron

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide that might help in the identification and resolution of the below issues. Thanks!

Ever since this game has arrived on the Switch I have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, recent events arriving on the Switch have brought a few major bugs to the forefront that have greatly impacted my enjoyment of those events, and frequently disrupt gameplay in general. The more severe issues I have also submitted a ticket for.

• Certain buttons can act like they are stuck or toggled "on". The major ones for me are L (Crouch/Slide, and I don't have crouch toggle), R (Ability macro), and Y (Reload), although ZL has been an issue too (Aiming). Different ones seem to be caused by different sources
    • For me, casting Gara's Mass Vitrify or swapping out of operator mode while sliding will cause crouch to be toggled on until I press L again (sometimes it also causes slide to get stuck too)
    • Swapping out of operator mode seems to occasionally cause my R button to become sticky, such that any press on ABXY will count as an ability press. I have to press R again to fix this, and every button press (including R) generally will burn energy for whatever I unintentionally cast
    • Swapping out of operator mode also can occasionally get ZL stuck, forcing me into aiming until I re-press it
    • I have had issues where reloading gets stuck for extended periods of time. I have only had this happen in the exploration areas (PoE/OV), and it seems to be somehow connected to actions with a K-drive. The only time I have specifically been paying attention to the moment this bug occurred was while getting launched off of my K-drive by blast damage and accidentally pressing Y while ragdolling. It let me reload, but I couldn't anymore afterwards other than auto reload. Pressing Y in this case does not fix the issue like the other sticky button issues above. Strangely enough, it does correct itself after a while, but I don't know how. I have tried recreating a K-Drive ragdoll scenario, but this doesn't fix the issue either.
  • I have had a weird issue while on Volt using the Vasto Prime + Glaive Prime combo. I don't know exactly what triggered it, but while I was out on the vallis, the character while attacking was suddenly stuck in a near-permanent loop animation where it looked like he was trying to throw Glaive P. repeatedly, even though nothing was thrown. I could cast abilities and swap to operator mode, but my jump was not very high, and I was unable to exit this animation by melee, reloading, shooting, rolling, sliding, or aiming. /unstuck did not fix the issue, as volt continued the animation loop upon being moved. Entering operator mode did not fix the issue either, although the operator could act normally. I also tried getting my character downed and revived by a teammate to fix it, but this did no good. Only dying and respawning fixed the loop.
  • Software crashes have been occurring for me since Fortuna part 1 was released on the Switch, with none prior to that (I started back in early December). This has been a severe issue for me. As others have echoed, it does primarily occur on the Orb Vallis, but I have also had less frequent issues with it on the Plains of Eidolon, along with crashes in my orbiter and missions when other players are in the squad. The screen goes black and I am notified that a software error occurred. Stressors for this seem to include a combination of factors:
    • Numerous enemies in the Vallis/Plains that cause performance to lag behind a bit (more so in the Vallis)
    • 2 or more squad members in the Vallis
    • Running multiple bounties/thermal fractures in the Vallis, or simply remaining in there for a long period of time
    • Completing objectives in the Vallis - less common, but has occurred
    • Trying to bring up the chat keyboard to type something while in a squad (can occur anywhere)
    • Whenever the game feels like it - I have had missions like fissure runs where the game will crash despite none of the above applying (except having squadmates)
  • I also had one occurrence today where the game screen froze up completely in the Orb Vallis rather than crashing.

I don't know if this means anything, but the only other game I have ever had software crashing issues on with the Nintendo Switch was also a Panic Button ported game (Rocket League), and also only started crashing after the game's first major Switch update.

At any rate, if there is any way to fix these, I would really appreciate it. These crashes are occurring more frequently now that I am starting to play in squads more often, and it is quickly getting depressing with how artificially hard it can be to make progress in the Vallis if progress is wiped by a crash. It will often set back Nightwave missions I complete there too.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide that might help in the identification and resolution of the above issues. Thanks!

-JayronAuron

• Like 1

On 2019-04-05 at 10:41 PM, (NSW)JayronAuron said:

Certain buttons can act like they are stuck or toggled "on". The major ones for me are L (Crouch/Slide, and I don't have crouch toggle), R (Ability macro), and Y (Reload), although ZL has been an issue too (Aiming). Different ones seem to be caused by different sources

I ran into the same problem multiple times.

Thank you so much for this detailed report! I've passed it along to our Nintendo Switch QA team. They're investigating the bugs you've listed, and extra details go a long way in helping them find a fix! If they have any more questions for you, I'll be sure to ask 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-15 at 2:02 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Thank you so much for this detailed report! I've passed it along to our Nintendo Switch QA team. They're investigating the bugs you've listed, and extra details go a long way in helping them find a fix! If they have any more questions for you, I'll be sure to ask 🙂

I appreciate this greatly. I have a few more bugs in the weeks since I would like to add to the list in addition to the above ones. Most of these have to do with Glaive prime, so you can guess what weapon I've been using a lot. As before, let me know if any more info is needed.

• Software crashes - Hard Crash
    • To amend what I said about typing in chat and having the software crash from the first post...this hasn't been happening any lately. That is until the night after the prime unvaulting of Volt/Loki. I had only logged into the game a few minutes prior to this incident and was typing in a player DM chat channel to a friend about details on the new relics. So several consecutive messages that were all sent using a USB keyboard that I have always used for this game (HP brand). The game crashed after sending a slightly longer one (it was about 250 characters long), freezing up the screen. I mentioned above that I've had this issue before, except this time it was actually a hard crash, as pressing the home menu or other buttons was unsuccessful unlike some freezes I've had in the past. I had to do the trick of holding down the power button for a while until it forcibly shut off the console. The console booted back up fine fortunately. A scan for corrupt data turned up nothing, nor were there any issues booting Warframe back up. While this is the only time this has happened so far, it still scared me to death as I've never had a game do that to me before outside of some disc errors with games back in the Wii days.
    • As a side note, I had one other friend I ran with mention that he has had this hard crash issue over the last few days too, though he couldn't give me specific details on what he was doing when it happened.
  • Glaive + Secondary bugs (all of these were discovered while using Glaive prime and either a Kitgun or Vasto Prime, so I don't know if the bugs are weapon class specific or just weapon specific)
    • The first one is a simple one where Kitguns have no audio for reloading while holding Glaive. It also has a different reload animation from normal, but this makes sense when one considers that the normal one is a 2-handed reload and the variant one is 1-handed. Probably also why it doesn't have sound...I'm guessing it the audio is bugged or not set to it. Just a bit jarring for me as I go off audio cues a lot to determine when reloads are done. Also, the specific Kitgun I used was a Tombfinger...I haven't tried the others for this.
    • Secondly, you cannot attack with Glaive while using the Glaive + secondary combo when entering the Orb Vallis. As in, pressing melee does nothing. There is a workaround for this in that you must first melee attack with Glaive while your primary gun is equipped (this should work fine). Once you have done this, then you can swap to your secondary to use the Glaive + secondary combo without issue. Again, I have only experienced this issue in the Orb Vallis.
    • The next one is even weirder and has to do with Channeling: you cannot toggle or use channeling with Glaive + secondary combo at all. If you activate channeling with your primary as the main gun while using solo Glaive, it will successfully activate channeling. Swapping to Glaive + secondary combo while channeling is active will keep the audio cue for channeling going but you will not actually deal channeling damage (this was tested with Life Strike to confirm).
    • Whether intentional or not, while you have your primary weapon un-holstered, a thrown Glaive requires a lot longer minimum travel distance before it can be detonated compared to when you have the Glaive + Secondary combo out.

Most of these Glaive issues appear to be recent additions as far as I can remember. Probably hiccups from the new melee changes, which is to be expected given the Glaive class's position as more of a niche weapon class...I still love it to death though.

• Visual Bugs - Bloom Lighting "Breaking"
    • I've had issues lately (since the last update) where the lighting bugs out if the game thinks it's too bright, flashing greens and reds. It doesn't matter what bloom level I set, but turning it off doesn't cause problems. And we're not talking a Mirage running around with a Simulor (I've never actually had to deal with that yet)...rather it's stuff like Orb Vallis fishing's shock effect, electrical status on my warframe, and even the light shining off my orbiter's front console surface. I don't know if something got damaged in my Switch's video capacity or what, but it's unfortunate that default or even minimal bloom settings cause this with stuff as normal as this.
  • Minor Misc. Bugs / Infrequent bugs / Stuff that may or may not be bugged but seems like it could be
    • The Lephantis heads bursting out of the ground at the location of the player can cause a temporary stuck spot where the player is trapped between the head's neck and the rubble of the ground. This lasts until the head either goes back underground or is killed beforehand. This could be working as intended, but it doesn't feel like it. I don't know, maybe a ragdoll effect to the player knocking them away instead?
    • Gara has an issue where on some rare occasions her Mass Vitrify (4th ability) will visually cast but not actually cast. You will see a wall come up, but you can't shatter it and it isn't really there, with no counter appearing over the ability icon in the bottom right displaying the number of glass panels. I have no clue what causes this, other than perhaps casting it quickly after other actions with minor framedrops present.
    • Gara also has an issue with Mass Vitrify where on some occasions I am unable to cancel the charge of the move and forced to let the barrier go to full size. Again, I think this is due to pushing too many buttons, but not fully sure.
    • A few weeks ago a friend of mine was using a MOA companion with the precept mod Anti-Grav Grenade. It was a funny mod to see in action...until it caused one enemy to float into the ceiling and out of bounds during a defense mission (this was a glass skylight ceiling above the defense objective in one of the Eris corpus infested ship defense tilesets, so we could see them up there). Somehow a few other enemies started spawning up there due to void fissures. Normal weapons weren't touching them, but fortunately we had a weapon with enough punch through to resolve the issue at the time.
    • I tried using motion controls for aiming since I loved using them in other Switch games. They work well vertically, but as far as I can tell there does not seem to be any impact on the horizontal (X) axis when I adjust sensitivity. If there is, it's very minor and far less pronounced than the vertical (Y) axis.
    • Wired headset voice chat: I'm not 100% certain if this is a bug or not, but after loading up the game, wired headsets have to be unplugged from the Switch and replugged at least once for voice chat to work with them. It's not a huge deal and may be a thing on the Switch's end, but I figured I would throw it in just in case.

I wasn't sure whether it would be better to add a new post, edit the above one of mine, or create a new thread. I just went with this as the simpler option. I'll keep an eye out for more bug to quash in the future as they buzz in my face.

Thanks, and have a great day!

-JayronAuron

Edited by (NSW)JayronAuron
  • Like 1