Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen switch migration

Leqesai

Question

Just logged into my migrated account for the first time in months since transferring  to switch.

Spent hundreds of dollars on tennogen and none of it is unlocked on the switch. What gives... No rivens, no arcanes and now no tennogen?

This is pretty freaking crappy if I'm expected to buy these things twice. I mean.... I get that you all don't want us to have rivens and arcanes because of some nonsense about them affecting the 'economy' or whatever but expecting us to double down on fashion? 

Please someone tell me I'm just bugged and these things should be unlocked if I've purchased on pc and transferred to switch.

Otherwise switch version I'm sorry but you're dead to me.

4 answers to this question

Tennogen doesn't transfer, and I can tell you why;

ALL Tennogen purchases are through Steam, and thus, use Steam's economy. Correct me if I'm wrong, here - but DE gets a cut, Steam gets a cut, and the creator of the content gets a cut.

You can't just immediately eliminate Steam from the cut, there - PLUS, you'd screw hundreds of content creators out of money they could rightfully earn. Nobody wants to screw over the little guy.

Sorry, but Tennogen doesn't, and will not transfer - and for very, very good reason.

40 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

Tennogen doesn't transfer, and I can tell you why;

ALL Tennogen purchases are through Steam, and thus, use Steam's economy. Correct me if I'm wrong, here - but DE gets a cut, Steam gets a cut, and the creator of the content gets a cut.

You can't just immediately eliminate Steam from the cut, there - PLUS, you'd screw hundreds of content creators out of money they could rightfully earn. Nobody wants to screw over the little guy.

Sorry, but Tennogen doesn't, and will not transfer - and for very, very good reason.

I disagree that it is for good reason.

I bought the content. Having it transfer to my migrated account doesn't cheapen or reduce the funds someone would have gotten. The only way it makes sense that someone would lose out on funds is if you figure that I would have to buy it twice.

The tennogen content I am referencing is available for purchase on switch. If I bought it on steam, migrated my account, and had to buy it again there is a problem.

Your point may be consistent with their thinking but it screws out the players, and the players are who fund the game. As one who has spent a few thousand bucks on this game I am appalled that I am expected to repurchase so much stuff. There isn't even some sort of compensation on the migrated account to account for the tens of thousands of platinum worth of equipment that was lost, and the hundreds of dollars in tennogen that was lost.

I get that my pc account still has all this stuff, but I -migrated- my account with the intent of switching platforms. I would have preferred to just deactivate my pc account altogether to keep all of my stuff...

I know it sounds like whining but I migrated because it isn't possible to play on pc anymore. Every time I try going back to warframe it is just another slap in the face.