Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add in a /resethud command like /unstuck to fix the odd HUD glitch

Crankthulhu

Occasionally and likely due to weird hosting shenanigans, I will jump into an Interception mission (although it can happen on a lot of mission types) where it seems my HUD glitched out and I cannot see what status each capture area is, either from the minimap or as I am trying to capture them.

Unfortunately, like out of bounds issues, it's not always easy to replicate, so rather than yell and scream at you guys to FIX THIS ASAP!!! I think an easier option would be to insert a /resethud command into chat like /unstuck, but it just reloads your in-game HUD.

• Like 4

People have brought this up before. DE says they don't implement these things because they want users to report the bugs.
I think that's valid, but a better option is to implement these functions and then log anytime a user uses them.

A lot of older online games (c.f. City of Heroes), had slash commands like this that, indeed, logged when they were used.
Sure, they're developer functionality, but having access to commands like this could really smooth over some of the game's frustrations.

I'd like to see commands like: (all examples, not necessarily these commands explicitly)

• /resethud or /reloadui
  • /resetaudio or /reloadsfx (when looping audio bugs happen)
  • /vid_restart or /reloadgfx (when shaders or resources fail to load)
  • /evolve to restart the whole engine without having to re-log
  • /relog to log us out and allow us to relog without having to exit and reload the game
  • /respawn or /kill to kill myself and respawn
  • /reset to perform a reset like falling off the world would be good also
  • /toggledevlog to let tech-savvy users see debug messages or error logs
  • /netgraph ala Source engine, so we could troubleshoot network problems ourselves
  • /metrics so we could see more detailed performance data - would help us help other players troubleshoot performance issues
  • /benchmark to run a very quick benchmark (similar to old GoldSrc "timerefresh" command)

In general, I'd like to see more slash commands to control various options or bring up various menus.
This won't be a surprise to anyone who reads my posts, but I type very, very fast. I came up using command-line interfaces, too.
hate having to use the mouse to navigate an interface when I could type a command and get there faster.
I could save a LOT of time when playing Warframe if I could:

• /uimods, /uiayatan, /uiarsenal, /uinav, /uioper, /uifriends, /uiclan - open UI panels
  • /quit or /exit or /qqq or /gtfo to instantly exit the game (ALT+F4 works, but I worry about breaking something that way.)
  • /togglevoip to enable/disable voice chat
  • /uioff [xx] to hide the UI for xx seconds
  • /uiscale [x.xx] to set the UI scalar factor, also /chatscale [x.xx]
  • /renderscale [x.xx] to set the resolution scalar
  • /who [player] to see a short summary of a player: MR, clan, founder?, playtime, region
  • /sit and other slash commands for emotes

And so on.

Edited by auxy
  • Like 2

Agreed. The developers are right - we should not need it.

But we do. And we always will. And the /command interface is the time-honored go-to solution for a reason. The last time I tried to submit a Warframe bug I had to give up to sleep somewhere after finding I needed to raise an external support ticket in an ancient alien website.

Also, City of Heroes... *sheds tear* (I used to have multi-stage macros for commanding individual zombies, with integral appropriate evil-villain emoting, which exposed race conditions in state, which meant I integrated resetting state into the sequences to recover to retry... and my Warcraft macros used to use my currently wielded weapons as clandestinely assignable state variables.. and even that was nothing compared to my Team Fortress macro sets...)

God I miss games that allowed you to script - I don't know of any now. Today, people think macros are a screenscraper and a bot faking mouse/kb events.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daggerchild said:

Also, City of Heroes... *sheds tear* (I used to have multi-stage macros for commanding individual zombies, with integral appropriate evil-villain emoting, which exposed race conditions in state, which meant I integrated resetting state into the sequences to recover to retry... and my Warcraft macros used to use my currently wielded weapons as clandestinely assignable state variables.. and even that was nothing compared to my Team Fortress macro sets...)

God I miss games that allowed you to script - I don't know of any now. Today, people think macros are a screenscraper and a bot faking mouse/kb events.

Haha, I love you.

But that's really something for another post entirely. (/ω ;\)

19 hours ago, Daggerchild said:

Agreed. The developers are right - we should not need it.

But we do. And we always will. And the /command interface is the time-honored go-to solution for a reason. The last time I tried to submit a Warframe bug I had to give up to sleep somewhere after finding I needed to raise an external support ticket in an ancient alien website.

Yep! The current process for reporting bugs in Warframe is kind of a mess.
If we had an easier way to report and work around bugs the community might not get so bent up over them.

Edited by auxy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2019-04-05 at 11:23 PM, Crankthulhu said:

Occasionally and likely due to weird hosting shenanigans, I will jump into an Interception mission (although it can happen on a lot of mission types) where it seems my HUD glitched out and I cannot see what status each capture area is, either from the minimap or as I am trying to capture them.

Unfortunately, like out of bounds issues, it's not always easy to replicate, so rather than yell and scream at you guys to FIX THIS ASAP!!! I think an easier option would be to insert a /resethud command into chat like /unstuck, but it just reloads your in-game HUD.

I'm currently stuck in the Mission Complete menu after switching to a 2nd Railjack mission from the last.

Would love a command that forces the menu to close.

• Like 1

Le 06/04/2019 à 16:30, auxy a dit :

People have brought this up before. DE says they don't implement these things because they want users to report the bugs.
[...]

• /resethud or /reloadui
  • /resetaudio or /reloadsfx (when looping audio bugs happen)
  • /vid_restart or /reloadgfx (when shaders or resources fail to load)
  • /evolve to restart the whole engine without having to re-log
  • /relog to log us out and allow us to relog without having to exit and reload the game
  • /respawn or /kill to kill myself and respawn
  • /reset to perform a reset like falling off the world would be good also
  • /toggledevlog to let tech-savvy users see debug messages or error logs
  • /netgraph ala Source engine, so we could troubleshoot network problems ourselves
  • /metrics so we could see more detailed performance data - would help us help other players troubleshoot performance issues
  • /benchmark to run a very quick benchmark (similar to old GoldSrc "timerefresh" command)

[...]

• /uimods, /uiayatan, /uiarsenal, /uinav, /uioper, /uifriends, /uiclan - open UI panels
  • /quit or /exit or /qqq or /gtfo to instantly exit the game (ALT+F4 works, but I worry about breaking something that way.)
  • /togglevoip to enable/disable voice chat
  • /uioff [xx] to hide the UI for xx seconds
  • /uiscale [x.xx] to set the UI scalar factor, also /chatscale [x.xx]
  • /renderscale [x.xx] to set the resolution scalar
  • /who [player] to see a short summary of a player: MR, clan, founder?, playtime, region
  • /sit and other slash commands for emotes

@auxy >> You Exactly right. And this is a stronger necessity as much the game progress. (Ex: Impressive bug list of new railjack missions).
And also a long time imperiously needed function!
How much decades before having an obvious command as /vid_restart?

Your other suggestions @auxy are particulary clever too.
Dear DE. 🌸 Let's go guys! :community:

> In addition: Be able to choose a more efficient UI, too much effects, the previous one was good, a triple option for general UI "Normal" (newest UI) "Old" (Old UI) "Minimal" (Minimalist UI)
> And ... by the void... please, fix definitively this problem of multiple displaying finished objectives points!
> +this irritating problem of UI vote not displaying when vote is started too quick by an other too hurried player before ending mission deloads.. Always we need to disconnect and re-connect to fix that (note : one of the previously suggested command is a true and excellent solution for that)unknown.png
68de141619be63ffa707d19d72192454.png

In addition (2) : Be able to start a kind of mapvote to change host if host have latency/raming problems without kick it (of course). When done the game automatically choose the player with the lowest ping/highest performance for hosting.

Edited by DarkAgesXXIX
  • Like 1

Finally @Crankthulhu your topic and auxy's list of suggestions motivated me to create a huge list of suggestions, mainly about this subject of needed user commands.
I would like have the advice of maximum of people to make move concretely some subjects. But sadly few people seems intrested by support and advance concrete suggestions and we can wait and wait again...

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1256627-da-suggestion-list-for-major-improvements-and-new-features-user-commands-ui-data-displaychoicehud-issuerare-loading-sceen-relay-capping-mass-blessing-captura-next-gen/

Edited by DarkAgesXXIX

• 1 year later...

Guys i need help my warframe is glicht  the glicht  is  that my healf

and  my power  and my speed my every thing is dropt down example: healf need  to be 180 but it is 77.My everiting has dropt like my speed i run slower then a snail wehen i try to upgreat my healf it dose not yourk  example: i have a 440 healf mod wen i ad the 440 healf mod to my 77 healf it gous to167 when i ad 440 healf mod i dont now wahat to do if you are seeing this pls help me bye😞