Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do i find Thumpers?

AugmentedJustice

Question

Nope. Random spawn. Although I noticed that the further in you go, the higher tier ones will appear. Lower plains are the normal ones, highlands are the bulls. I assume the back of the plains are the their three ones. Haven’t seen one yet though.

6 minutes ago, MrTitan123 said:

Nope. Random spawn. Although I noticed that the further in you go, the higher tier ones will appear. Lower plains are the normal ones, highlands are the bulls. I assume the back of the plains are the their three ones. Haven’t seen one yet though.

Do you mean, once you enter plains, there's a set amount that have already been spawned, and if you kill them no more will spawn or will more spawn, what about if you enter plains and there is none as far as you can see, should you just exit and re-enter? I have run into these things by being lucky...no BP though

10 hours ago, AugmentedJustice said:

Do you mean, once you enter plains, there's a set amount that have already been spawned, and if you kill them no more will spawn or will more spawn, what about if you enter plains and there is none as far as you can see, should you just exit and re-enter? I have run into these things by being lucky...no BP though

An infinite amount of them will spawn while out on the plains. So long as it’s day, they have a chance to spawn wherever you go.

Was this during nighttime? I haven't tried looking for them at night, so I'm not sure whether they spawn then or not. During the day I just flew around with archwing relatively close to the ground and they pop out of the ground much like ghouls do, though without the announcement from Vay Hek, so you have to listen for the sound. I found 3 during one session, not sure how many of them can spawn in one go.

Hi can i just start with asking what DE was thinking when they added the thumper bot i wish there was a specific place where it spawned or some way so the players that want to fight it doesn't have to wait half an hour to fight it, if you added it we want to experience it because what use do we have if we don't, fix this DE 

Thumpers were spawning non-stop for me when the mainline launched; however, since the ghoul purge launched I have not seen one thumper at all. I did find one thumper that was broken down and just sitting there on the plains in pieces but I've found no active thumpers at all since the ghoul event....

I would also like to know.... I killed a Thumper Bull and it dropped 4 Nyth.... so yeah.... less mining please !!! 

BTW it seems like they are immine to status Effects.... so Mod for Crits.... I haven't tested the Sarpa with Shattering Impact yet.... 

Also REMEMBER TO SCAN !!! 

Does only a single one spawn per map reset? Because I've now had 5 maps where I can only find a single thumper, even after running up and down the whole place. Also, I activate the highest bounty and keep only seeing bulls, no doma.

Strange. I ran straight up and down the map to make sure I covered the whole thing and have only gotten a single spawn five times in a row. That includes running through my bounty zone and forcefully failing it.

currently i found a lot of spawn points 

But it seems they can spawn in the same spot over and over.

so its not totally random

Best solution is to go full squad and fly around the plains. they're quite obvious if you're close enough to one.

sounds, visual effects

Edited by Trig

They do tend to spawn in some of the same spots, iv gotten over 10 on just one map so they seem to spawn forever. Now getting the different types to spawn is another matter. Either way its a very clunky time consuming boring system they have in place as is.

I’ve only ever accidentally run into them. It would be nice if there was a way to cause them to spawn in, such as an alert system or a mini game (ie attacking a base and the Grineer call in the Thumper as a reinforcement). 

Hii Tennos,

I was just wondering.. is there any effecitive way to farm thumpers? (farming korrudo atm)

Ive been trying for 3 days now. this is my 'strategy' im using atm:

- I start a lv 4 bountie with a team of 4.

- 1 person does the bounties, while 3 persons look for thumpers. (sometimes they are easily found, other times it takes 5 to 15min)

I got a lifetime of POE resources now, but still no korrudo.. i dont want to spend 150p on MR fodder lol 😄 

It was kinda fun at start farming these, but now i get easily bored.

Thanks alot tennos ❤️

(Srry my english is not great )

Edited by Kellx

1: Only the Tusk Thumper (Basic) will spawn outside of bounties or under level 30 bounties.

2: They will only spawn if you are "on foot" and not using K-Drives or Archwing.

Click the attached link and I have an in-depth guide to fighting and farming the Thumpers as well as a review and tips for the Korrudo. Hope you like it!

Edited by Father_McPheely