Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vallis Etiquette

---DADDY---

Wait until you have a full squad before you start a mission, especially if you can't solo without being downed every 30 seconds. Vallis is still choppy for a lot of people especially on first load. For me personally, I'm completely fine if I'm solo or host but if I'm client, no matter the ping I always get pure choppiness while another player is loading in, aside from that it's fine at all times, just issues on load-in for me and other players.

This makes it easier for everyone, nobody has to worry about missing out on standing from first mission (if you're doing your daily standing runs this makes it so you have to do another run just to get that last bit of standing you missed because you missed the first lot, and yes I know there are alternatives to getting standing but that's not the point), the squad in question will do better because everyone begins the run at the same time and has each other's backs covered, and you can do multiple runs on top of that considering you started off with coordination by waiting for a full squad, start how you mean to go on and all that.

Just makes it easier all round and it makes you look better too. If you start a mission without a full squad, and especially if you complete that mission before the fourth loads in or while he's still in the lift but on player list, it's just really inconsiderate.

The small extra amount of time it'll take to wait for a full squad is nothing considering you can do repeat runs and will be more likely to do just that if you start in the way I suggested above. And it'll make missions move forward quicker to a decent extent because you'll have more players contributing. It also gives you time to drop some energy / shield pizza and give your squad a head start with overshields and full energy. You could even drop a few specters too.

So please, stop inconveniencing yourself and other players, take a minute or two as I said to wait for a full squad, it benefits both yourself and the other players greatly.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

….or, you could just run solo.

No matter the thread, no matter the issue, there is always one dude saying just run solo.

Warframe was created with the intention of being a co-op game. 'Nuff said.

1 minute ago, -Nachash- said:

No matter the thread, no matter the issue, there is always one dude saying just run solo.

Also that's actually the root issue here, even when playing in squads a lot of people play with the mentality of a solo player. They seem to forget that warframe is a co-op game and just do their own thing, even if their own thing actually inconveniences the entire squad (and themselves ironically) hindering progress for everyone.

• Like 1

Just now, -Nachash- said:

No, I'm usually the guy saying "random teammates, random results", but this time I just cut to the chase.  Your intentions are good, but realistically you're just wishfully thinking.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

No, I'm usually the guy saying "random teammates, random results", but this time I just cut to the chase.  Your intentions are good, but realistically you're just wishfully thinking.

Not really, I know at the very least one person will think "good points" and try to make an effort to do at least some of the things I say in the future to make things easier for himself / herself and others. And all it takes is for that one person to do just that for my post to not have been a waste or wishful thinking.

I think the biggest thing about the Vallis is people expecting you to do what THEY want you to the moment they enter a room you were in.

"Hi there, we're just fishing and mining, don't mind us."

"Kay"

5 minutes later

"OMFG YOU NOOBS HELP US WITH FRACTURES/EIDOLONS"

"Nope, still just mining and fishing, have fun."

Coming in and expecting people to leave the room they're in just because you wanna go ME ME ME is dumb, and it's only worth making fun of.

Just another piece of etiquette to consider.