Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumper Bulls died but dropped no loot.

OmegaVoid

Twice today I killed a Tusk Thumper Bull, and twice nothing at all was dropped.

Both times were after the latest hotfix, but I haven't encountered enough of these enemies to guess if that's just coincidence or not.

I've killed a couple of the regular Tusk Thumpers which dropped stuff as normal.

I've encountered this multiple times as well.  Mostly in solo and against the Doma version.  Few times with a friend who got loot when I didn't.  I'm inclined to believe the loot fell through the world but my loot radar doesn't detect it.  Another possibility is my 60 kb/s internet disrupts the game somehow.  I doubt that option since it doesn't occur anywhere else but maybe its useful information.

Fell through the world is possible; loot detection mods can have wide radius, but the height of the detection is always pretty low; I've fallen through the ground once or twice in the past, and the fall is very, very long, so the drops would be quickly out of range.

This would also explain the disappearing Thumpers which players have been reporting, and which I've witnessed myself a couple of times.

But it doesn't explain how your friend got drops from the same Thumper which you didn't. Were they closer when it died, and maybe Vacuum sucked the drops up? Or perhaps you and I are simply cursed!

I killed a standard Tusk Thumper maybe an hour ago, and it dropped nothing again. This makes me sad, as how can I farm the new punchy-kicky things?

And I quite like the Thumper fight, but it's disheatening to think I might have actually no chance of getting the drop I want at the end of it.

Edited by OmegaVoid
Afterthought.

• 2 weeks later...