Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tool and Weapon Equip/Swap issues since 24.6 Mainline

Andvarja

It's possible to get stuck on an equipped Tool in equipment configurations without a secondary weapon, as the weapon swap bind may become inactive.

I've spent a bit of time and many abandoned missions testing for Repro 🙂

Note:  I'm using an Xbox 360 controller for accessibility due to a past injury, therefore I have not been able to test for this behaviour on M+K, but these are my results with a controller.

When using a Scanner, Mining Laser, or Fishing Pole:

With only a Secondary weapon equipped, the weapon swap bind correctly switches from the tool to the Secondary weapon, as expected.

With only a Primary weapon equipped, the weapon swap bind does not switch from the tool to your Primary weapon.
 * Manually unequipping the tool from the gear wheel will correctly activate the Primary weapon.
 * Popping into and out of spoiler mode unequips the tool and thus activates the Primary weapon.

With both a Primary and Secondary weapon equipped, the weapon swap bind activates your Secondary weapon - regardless of whether you were using the secondary or primary before.
 * Manually unequipping the tool from the gear wheel activates the Primary weapon, regardless of which weapon was being used before.
 * Popping into and out of spoiler unequips the tool and activates whichever weapon was equipped before.

With a Primary weapon and a Melee weapon equipped, the weapon swap bind does not switch from the tool to a weapon.
 * Meleeing swaps to the melee weapon which then allows the weapon swap bind to be used to return to the Primary weapon.
 * Popping into and out of spoiler mode activates the Primary weapon.

With only a Melee weapon equipped, the weapon swap bind does not switch from the tool to the Melee weapon.
 * Simply hitting the melee attack bind works as expected.
 * Popping into and out of spoiler mode unequips the tool thus activates the Melee weapon.

Basically the bind simply does not work without a Secondary weapon equipped.  But there's even some inconsistency of behavior among the various methods of unequipping a tool in a primary + secondary configuration, some of which may predate this mainline patch.

Restarting the game and my system did not correct this.
Resetting controller binds to Default did not correct this.

And as I mentioned, I'm unable to test for repro on M+K, sorry.  But hopefully this is of some use 🙂

Checked with my brother who uses M+K, he says he's having the same issues in equipment configurations which don't include Secondary weapons, with the Weapon Swap bind not functioning during tool use.  He's content to just make sure he's always got a Secondary or Melee for now, since the melee bind does unequip the tools and reactivate the weapon swap button.  But yeah, it looks like it is not a controller-specific issue.

Something similar is going on for me with running out of ammo.  When I have only a primary weapon equipped, running out of ammunition disables the weapon and, even if I subsequently pick up more ammunition, I cannot reequip the gun without first equipping a tool (I generally use the tranq gun) and then manually unequipping the tool through the gear wheel.

Not your same issue, but I am sure it is related.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...