Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little advice before using your Umbra Forma

Mados.sys

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Deluxe-Chimera:

It's just that i've been thinking that Volt and Mag may be the only two frames that have a Umbra variant, it would make sense to have only the 3 starters as sentient killer right? We started with one of these 3,

Loki used to be a starter Warframe aswell.

Edited by German
  • Like 1

So far there are only two frames who really justifies using it. That would be Oberon Prime or Frost Prime, on the rest it is pretty much a waste.

You really dont want to use it on regular frames, because they are getting a prime eventually and the mod just doesnt change enough on those frames currently to make it useful. And lets face it, no regular frame besides Nidus, Khora and possibly Inaros (though strength is a waste on him) makes use of all 3.

So that brings us back to the primes, where only Frost and Oberon actually has use for all 3 mods. Some will say Chroma Prime can use them all aswell, but lets face it, he doesnt need the fiber mod, not in any shape or form. Too much armor just means too little return on rage or adrenaline gain. With a high strength Heat build vex is enough to make him near immortal, unless you run absurdly high endless missions at which point there are simply better frames for it. In the end, a fiber mod of either type will compete with a strength, vit or duration mod on him.

And on frames that can only make use of two umbra mods it is better to just spend a few extra regular forma to achieve the same capacity.

edit: Forgot the following. Valkyr Prime can also make use of the umbral forma, because it opens up better flexibility between a tripple umbra non-hysteria build and a single-umbra hysteria build.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

TBH I still don't see the need of actually using an Umbra Forma on any frame.

Given you didn't max all 3 mods you can fit them in a build with enough Formas.

If you max all 3 of them using a single Umbra Forma doesn't do much for you to fit in every mod anyway.

If you're not a fan of Excalibur Umbra the best way is to level up Umbral Intensify and Umbral Vitality and leave Umbral Fiber untouched.

Armor suffers greatly from diminished return and even a level 5 Umbral Fiber is as good as a maxed out normal Fiber when used with other 2 Umbral mods.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

i've been thinking on giving some tips before using the Umbra Forma without leaving you regretting your decision.

Your advice is solid, but I'd add one more piece:

- Consider not putting your Umbral Forma on a frame you also run Drain-heavy non-Umbral builds on. If you Umbral Forma a frame, that frame may have more trouble fitting a non-Umbral setup in the future. It's best on a frame on which you'll virtually always apply 2 or more Umbral Mods.

• Like 1

I only used two umbra mods on most frames .. the only 2 I make use of all 3 are nidus and khora really ... I suppose chroma could work too though he generally doesn't need the extra armor vex armor tends to cover it and you really want to maximize strength and duration for him I typically only use him to hit stuff really hard not necessarily for survival.  Valkr could do well with it too though my usage of her has pretty much gone to zero.

I'm betting umbra forma of will become more common overtime and it won't matter.  I'll probably just leave it sitting in inventory for a long time.

23 hours ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

I'm pretty sure there might be some players that already own one of these, next week if i'm lucky enough i'll have mine as well and i've been thinking on giving some tips before using the Umbra Forma without leaving you regretting your decision.

• Do not use it on normal warframes

Or at least try not to, because of the simple reason that they'll become prime eventually, and we know that Primes are direct stats upgrades, so it would be a waste, trust me it hurts to not use it on your favorite (atm) normal frame, i want to use it on Khora because she's my main, but when she becomes Prime i would end up regretting doing it.

• Use it on Warframes that can benefit from all 3 umbra mods

You may be asking why? because let me give you a little example, I put an Umbra Forma on Nyx or Banshee, and i can put all 3 mods on them, but they are so squishy, they don't have any armor so the only thing they could benefit from is the Intensify and Vitality, Feber would be just a filler.

Or Inaros for example, i mean... Inaros seems like a good choice but it would be better to wait for his Prime variant, not only that but Inaros has that little tank inconsistency, extremely tanky, but strength on Inaros just... doesn't work, he's more for CC.

Rhino for example, at most he can benefit from Intensify and Fiber, but Vitality will be like a filler on your kit just for an extra 10%.

Ash, Atlas, Equinox, Mesa and Valkyr for example can benefit from the 3 umbra mods because they need (and have) strength, armor and health.

• (optional) Do not use it on Volt and Mag

I love these 2 so don't think that i'm saying it for hating purposes. the only one i hate is excalibur

It's just that i've been thinking that Volt and Mag may be the only two frames that have a Umbra variant, it would make sense to have only the 3 starters as sentient killer right? We started with one of these 3, and we get our reward, having them as a stronger Umbra variant, and that means that they'll come with their own Umbra polaritys.

Not only that but armor doesn't work on Mag and Volt is more of a shield frame instead of a health one so yeah.

• Umbra formas take up to 3 months to farm, take your time before using it to not waste those 3 months of effort

And i think that would be it, if you guys have any other suggestions i would like to read them, it's always good to have some extra advices.

Oh and remember, Atlas is the next prime, so if you love Atlas like me, save it for a few months until he comes out.

Can I summarize another way?

Wait until after Tennocon.

You’ll have a better idea on how to handle affairs post-“my step-mom just tried to murder me.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

I'm not even going to use it until there's more information on what they have planned for umbra mods and if "umbra" frames are going to be a thing.. which I hope not.

Ya, really hope umbra frames are not a thing, Excalibur made sense since Excalibur Prime is basically none existent so DE gave everyone Excalibur Umbra to keep things fair. Beyond that I don't want to see any other Umbras that can compete with Primes stat wise. If the other Umbras are cosmetic skins, then yeah, it's fine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

With all of that fully considered.....

I'm still planning to put it on Ember Prime.

Fine.  Then I’m going to Flip a coin...Harpak or Drakgoon...you are about to be REBORN.

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

With all of that fully considered.....

I'm still planning to put it on Ember Prime.

I’d love to see videos of people going cringeworthy on their choice. 😂

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Fine.  Then I’m going to Flip a coin...Harpak or Drakgoon...you are about to be REBORN.

I’d love to see videos of people going cringeworthy on their choice. 😂

Wait, have you seen my Pants On Head Complete Dumbass Berserker Ember build?

6jQePzH.jpg

2W35GLr.jpg

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 1