Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little advice before using your Umbra Forma

Mados.sys

32 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

probably just gonna wait until i have a few of them before making a decision. or until we get some Umbral Gun mods and a decent Primary/Secondary to use them on.

Ya know.. according to Rhino P codex, a Umbra Rhino would make perfect sense. But you know 😁

Just now, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Ya know.. according to Rhino P codex, a Umbra Rhino would make perfect sense. But you know 😁

I'm aware.. though umbra Rhino will likely already have Umbra Polarities, so it would be kind of a waste. would be nice if he became a thing, especially if he could charge enemies while I'm in Operator mode!

I would however like his weapon, if it's a gun anyway, to be a huge Revolver that's quite slow but deals insanely high damage. a proper hand cannon. if it's another Sword though, I'd like an Umbral Dai-Nikana or Hammer. either of those would likely see my Umbral Forma.

On 2019-04-06 at 11:35 AM, Deluxe-Chimera said:

Do not use it on normal warframes

Sound advice. I try/fail this rule with new warframes/potatoes all the time.

IUse it on Warframes that can benefit from all 3 umbra mods

Yeah this is the difficult one. Really narrows the list. Not even original Umbra really gives a clem about Umbral Fiber. Not until we are fighting sentients on a regular basis that can be killed with our warframes will these mods be a meaningful difference between the base mods. Bonus: A primed version of these mods (unlikely to ever exist) would be better in almost every case and not limit someone to Umbra polarity.

• (optional) Do not use it on Volt and Mag.

Ah I see what you are saying. Now originally it was Excalibur/Mag/Loki that were the starter frames. It changed around the time of Vor's Prize, the MK1 weapons, and damaged mods were added in a wide effort at making the game more approachable for new players. Loki was seen as much more difficult than Volt to learn/play/mod and was replaced. I found it funny because they could have just switched it with ash, keeping the Melee/Caster/Stealth paradigm intact rather than Melee/Caster/Caster. I digress however, and besides the fact they both violate your #2 rule, I see your logic.

I do not plan on using my Umbra Forma unless a few things occur:

1. I can obtain more than one. 3 is bare minimum to do what Excalibur Umbra already does, force a frame into one build.
  2. There is a meaningful reason to use any of the mods. Currently, they are a costly and niche alternative to mods already leveled. We don't fight enough sentients.
  3. Leveling the mods themselves become easier. I'm waiting to level plenty of more pressing primed mods. It is way to expensive to level 3 legendary mods for 1 build. Period.

Now I will say that people will be eager to spend it, and use your advice, which is well made. My way is certainly not the only way.

• Like 1

first of all that umbra forma is pitiful reward, and it should be at least 3 of them in this season. if you think that is great than you need to think again. if we assume it is reward for next season also than you need about 10 weeks more for 2nd. this is more punishment and grind and bad way to keep ppl in game. ppl play game for fun and also there is too much content in game, adding another grind content is bad. 

de tend to give more grind content in order to keep us busy in game and "have stuff" to do. and when they release new story or so, I can't remember what was In last one when new come. 

and umbra should be more available to us instead of 1 per season. take it this way, I like 4-5 frames and I would like to  full umbra them ( I did not count other wf who would benefit as well). so I need 12-15 umbra just for wf and it is 10 weeks per one. do the math how long it would take to make it happen, not just for me but for your self. there is about 40 wf in game I think so you must like at least some of them. 

pls don't start to engage in discussions how rewarding 1 umbra is for your work because we can argue for prolonged period of time why it is not and really can't quota ppl from forum. 

de need to think about umbra concept again.

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

I’ve really hated how the community has responded to night wave. DE are GIVING us free weapon slots, warframe slots, a new reliable way to get catalysts and reactors, and finally added FOR THE FIRST TIME Umbral forma.

How does the community react? Pitch forks.

I’ve hated seeing it, because it means it’s not going to happen again. Why would they want to be generous when this is how we respond?

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I’ve really hated how the community has responded to night wave. DE are GIVING us free weapon slots, warframe slots, a new reliable way to get catalysts and reactors, and finally added FOR THE FIRST TIME Umbral forma.

How does the community react? Pitch forks.

I’ve hated seeing it, because it means it’s not going to happen again. Why would they want to be generous when this is how we respond?

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you

I don't agree. 

it is more like hand that feeds you with grind. 

1 minute ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

I don't agree. 

it is more like hand that feeds you with grind. 

The GAME is GRIND. If you’re only just figuring that out now, that’s actually embarrassing.

Just about everything that exists in this game is grind.

Now, the developers are loosening that collar, giving us MORE STUFF for doing LESS GRIND and people are flinging more crap at DE than I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s disappointing and I think hurtful to the game itself.

What do DE do if trying to give us free stuff makes their own community hate them? 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The GAME is GRIND. If you’re only just figuring that out now, that’s actually embarrassing.

Just about everything that exists in this game is grind.

Now, the developers are loosening that collar, giving us MORE STUFF for doing LESS GRIND and people are flinging more crap at DE than I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s disappointing and I think hurtful to the game itself.

What do DE do if trying to give us free stuff makes their own community hate them? 

100 % bu*******t 

having some stuff 0.01% drop chance or 0.34% is more like rng stalin. read posts above and other forum treads and you will see why. look at that your way: you can grind though forums and posts and as reward you will find enlighment why. rng for that to happen is well less debatable at best.

while I claim that this would be good for you,  you will welcome me to pitch fork. than some random ass gonna post how you are toxic about whole thing and that you should be gratefull. than you will get point.

3 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

100 % bu*******t 

having some stuff 0.01% drop chance or 0.34% is more like rng stalin. read posts above and other forum treads and you will see why. look at that your way: you can grind though forums and posts and as reward you will find enlighment why. rng for that to happen is well less debatable at best.

WHAT DO DROP RATES OF 0.01% HAVE AT ALL TO DO WITH NIGHT WAVE OR THE UMBRA FORMA YOU SILLY MAN.

Your entire response is nonsensical. Nightwave is GIVING US FREE SLOTS and a way to get catalysts, it has nothing to do with drops. Nothing to do with RNG.

This is genuine progress from DE, and PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST BABBLING COMPLETE NONSENSE.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

First, we shan't be limited to "only use on a Warframe that makes use of all 3 umbral mods". Because 3 umbral mods + plenty of small mods (Range builds, Rage/Adrenaline, ...) will still be less costly than one or two Umbral mods + heavy mods (Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Quick Thinking/Energy conversion, Constitution...). So that depends more on the Frame than on the "how many Umbral mods do you equip".

Second, there are only a few cases where you will equip all three Mods on a Warframe. Mesa, really ? Umbral Fiber fits on very few Warframes tbh, mainly the holy tanking trinity Chroma/Valkyr/Inaros (Garuda makes great use of Fiber too, but she doesn't need Vitality).

On my side, I was pretty sure I'd put it on Valkyr Prime, because of her Warcry build (3 mods + blind rage / narrow minded / transient fortitude) which prevents me from using an Exilus, and also because she'll probably be a BEAST in Sentient content, as she is a Melee Frame (hello Paracesis) with an invulnerability/hard-hitting spell that usually destroys Sentients (hello Hysteria). She imo makes the more sense for any kind of Sentient content.

But Equinox Prime came into the equation... :smile:

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

WHAT DO DROP RATES OF 0.01% HAVE AT ALL TO DO WITH NIGHT WAVE OR THE UMBRA FORMA YOU SILLY MAN.

Your entire response is nonsensical. Nightwave is GIVING US FREE SLOTS and a way to get catalysts, it has nothing to do with drops. Nothing to do with RNG.

This is genuine progress from DE, and PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST BABBLING COMPLETE NONSENSE.

you got patatoes and forma or exilus adapter on alert, gift of lotus on every prime and dev time, invasions and sorties FOR FREE. so only thing "good" is 5x nitain extract. and like any vet player I can say: you can always sell something for 20p and get it. 

you also got few slot with mr rank up.

31 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

while I claim that this would be good for you,  you will welcome me to pitch fork. than some random ass gonna post how you are toxic about whole thing and that you should be gratefull. than you will get point

re edited this one. 

and we already had this things b4 nw, now it is "locked behind nw rank".