Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love the Game but a Serious Complaint

cmacq

What is with the damn timers on everything? Do you really just want kids to play your game? I am a senior and don't have the hand/eye I had years ago. You have tons of content here. Get rid of the timers. I am almost ready to move on because of this "feature" alone. It should also be pointed out that as a senior I have more disposable income to spend on games. Seems like you don't want my money.....

• Like 3

As I’m sure you’re aware, Warframe is a free-to-play game. They make no money by users simply owning the game. Therefore they have to put in micro-transactions and wait times to encourage players who have a “more disposable income” such as yourself to pay money for platinum and instantly finish crafting the items you want.

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, cmacq said:

What is with the damn timers on everything? Do you really just want kids to play your game? I am a senior and don't have the hand/eye I had years ago. You have tons of content here. Get rid of the timers. I am almost ready to move on because of this "feature" alone. It should also be pointed out that as a senior I have more disposable income to spend on games. Seems like you don't want my money.....

Im 41... I pay with my time and my money. Timers are NEEDED so this game thrives. As a senior you should understand the basic concept of supply and demand.... Unless you live in a bubble.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Hey you guys can do better than that, Been very impressed with the community so far. Please keep your attitude out of a simple question thread?

it's just you are complaining about the game mode itself which cant be changed. timers you are mentioning must be those mobile defenses once, the point is to defend until the intended operation is done. how are you going to skip that? would make the mission pointless. the game has already lowered lot of "timers" when i compare it to when i first started playing WF 20min survival requirement for junctions, mobile defense having 3min Each timer that's 2-3 times per mission. if anything you are already playing a "fixed"  version of the game

10 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Im 41... I pay with my time and my money. Timers are NEEDED so this game thrives. As a senior you should understand the basic concept of supply and demand.... Unless you live in a bubble.

41? LOL! Maybe you can explain why timers are needed in a game with this much content as stated in my OP? and to the poster above: the bounty I just failed was 3 caches in 3 minutes and it was the 3rd leg of it so I just wasted my time passing the first 2.

43 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Timers are just part of the challenge.

Even if you don't have good hand / eye co-ordination, after a few attempts you should be able to remember where the caches are (they tend to be in the same places on each map  / tile set.

I had the same problem initially, in finding the caches. Using your Archwing or K-Drive can help sped up the search.

Also using the Loot Radar mod can help finding them.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Oh man I wish it were a troll @Dauggiethx for the info didn't know any of that. Thx for the replies guys I'll just have to decide whether I want to repeat things till I get them or move on.

Edited by cmacq
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmacq said:

41? LOL! Maybe you can explain why timers are needed in a game with this much content as stated in my OP? and to the poster above: the bounty I just failed was 3 caches in 3 minutes and it was the 3rd leg of it so I just wasted my time passing the first 2.

So your complaining about mission timers? Lol wow. Are u using a loot radar? That will help... Otherwise, if you cant handle timers... Theres few games you can play. I guess youve never played Nintendo's super mario brothers? Or atari centipede... Or, any type if game that requires any level of strain on the player? Ever play tetris? Probably not for you... 

Few old guys call themselves seniors... Your trolling

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak
  • Like 7

The timers are a fail state for bounties that wouldn't otherwise have one. Whether you think missions should have a fail state outside og dying four to six timds is another issue. 

I think Warframe has a steep learning curve that plateus quickly. I've encounterd sevral situation that at first seem ridiculously difficult  only to learn the system and them become easy. Caches are an instances of this. Thought the other day I did fail a cache bounty three stages in. It is frusrating but it makes the next few successes more rewarding.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

So your complaining about mission timers? Lol wow. Are u using a loot radar? That will help... Otherwise, if you cant handle timers... Theres few games you can play. I guess youve never played Nintendo's super mario brothers? Or atari centipede... Or, any type if game that requires any level of strain on the player? Ever play tetris? Probably not for you... 

Few old guys call themselves seniors... Your trolling

I have much more I can do with my life than troll what I thought was a good community. I wouldn't waste your time or mine. As said earlier they may have needed timers to stretch out the game some years ago but now it is so content rich it just seems like pointless grind to me (personal opinion)

Edited by cmacq
  • Like 1

Because of what I've seen and experienced in life, there's a good chance this isn't a troll.

Anyway, allow me to remind everyone of the community guidelines, and what it means to be a good person.

People are allowed to have complaints and to voice them. This is a good thing, because without that, we wouldn't have gotten this far with the game, nor would we have all the changes we have received over time, and this goes for all areas of life.

By all means, you have every right to complain about someone elses complaints, but then ask yourself: what the hell is the point other than wasting everyone's time and precious internet bytes?

edit:
Improper handling of complaints: person1: i have a complaint
person2: screw you haha
person3: stop complaining reeeeee
*flame war yay*

Proper handling of complaints: person: i have complaint
person2: hey I hear ya, have you tried looking at it this way?
person3: yeah maybe use person2's suggestion, or try this, lets all try to help person out

Edited by IllogicalLogic420
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Your complaining about a mission mode. If you don't want timers do exterminate missions. 

Thanks and yes I have done a ton of those. I guess part of the problem is the sandbox nature of the game. You don't know know what you really need to do vs what is optional.

1 hour ago, cmacq said:

Sorry should have been more clear. This has nothing to do with crafting whatsoever. I'm talking about missions, bounties etc.

If you’re having difficulty finding a specific item like a cache on the plains, I recommend using a scanner. It will show you it’s location through walls.

Edited by swiftasacoursing
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Thanks and yes I have done a ton of those. I guess part of the problem is the sandbox nature of the game. You don't know know what you really need to do vs what is optional.

This is where trial & error mixed with a bit of common sense come into play.  I'm not trying to be mean when I say this.  This is just the normal process of playing almost all games since the beginning of time.  Especially in the case of video games.  

Check your gear, available mods, frames, etc. Try the mission type.  If you fail that mission, go back and check your gear/weapon/mod loadouts and then do the following....

JNJCy5u.jpg

I say this to you as a somewhat aged gamer of 47 myself.  You can do it.  And when you succeed, you will feel and enjoy it much more.  

• Like 2

Get yourself a loot radar mod, there are 3 in the game, start at the outer edge of the zone and just circle your way inwards. 

Most caches spawn along the outer rim, and as you progress, the zone shrinks, giving you less space to check. 

This method has me finishing the cache bounties in about 2 to 2 and a half minutes every time.  Bit faster if I remember to use the scanners like @swiftasacoursing suggests. 

Now, I feel I have to address your comments about the community; yeah, we are a good community but like all people, when you come in with the attitude you have, you're going to get pushback. As a whole, we respond better to less aggressive and ambiguous complaints.  If you want to see the good side, don't come in waving your cane and be surprised when people don't put up with it. 

• Like 4