Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love the Game but a Serious Complaint

cmacq

On 2019-04-06 at 2:16 PM, cmacq said:

the bounty I just failed was 3 caches in 3 minutes and it was the 3rd leg of it so I just wasted my time passing the first 2.

1) You weren't rewarded per bounty stage?

2) if you do it public, odds are that you will be in a squad of 4. Odds are greater of finding all of the hidden crates. 

3) get yourself a pair of headphones. Even cheap ones will work. The crates make a weird hum, that you can track directionally if you have decent stereo sound. That's a lot easier to achieve with earbuds than a pair of lousy, poorly adjusted speakers. 

4) for the overland ones, use the minimap to work your way around the area. I like to aim for about 2/3 of the way out from the centre of the circle. When I find a cache, I tend to draw a triangle on the circle in my mind and head for the other two points. A lot of the time the other two are somewhere in the general areas. 

5) if it's in a cave.... Good luck, you're back to just using sound again. 

Oh and next time, just ask your question. We're usually happy to help people who don't try to throw in the "Do what I say NOW and I might spend money" card. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Last bit.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) You weren't rewarded per bounty stage?

2) if you do it public, odds are that you will be in a squad of 4. Odds are greater of finding all of the hidden crates. 

3) get yourself a pair of headphones. Even cheap ones will work. The crates make a weird hum, that you can track directionally if you have decent stereo sound. That's a lot easier to achieve with earbuds than a pair of lousy, poorly adjusted speakers. 

4) for the overland ones, use the minimap to work your way around the area. I like to aim for about 2/3 of the way out from the centre of the circle. When I find a cache, I tend to draw a triangle on the circle in my mind and head for the other two points. A lot of the time the other two are somewhere in the general areas. 

5) if it's in a cave.... Good luck, you're back to just using sound again. 

Oh and next time, just ask your question. We're usually happy to help people who don't try to throw in the "Do what I say NOW and I might spend money" card. 

LOL! Thanks for the tips. FYI I have already spent money on the game. I have a personal principle that goes back to Marvel Heroes. If the games gives me the heroes/frames simply for playing, I have no problem buying the slot and reactor to use them. I have 9 frames so far and done this in each case. Now when I get some primes happening am I going to keep both versions of the same frame? Haven't decided on that one yet.

As I posted later my frustration came from serious back pain among other things and the timer is a problem imo. In trying to get to Europa and playing that 3 spy vault quest I almost quit. After trying it countless times some kind soul joined my open group and ran me through it like it wasn't even there. Bless you kind stranger! That is the kind of roadblock that should never be in a game. Once again my opinion and yes I will vote with my wallet to support that.

Kind of my only real complaints. The parkour stuff is damn hard at my age bearing in mind I've never owned a console so the hand eye stuff that my kids (all grown) can do so easily completely escapes me. EX: I just gave up on getting the Ayatan Statue from Maroo but found out later I am getting all the endo I need without it so no big deal.

A lot of it comes from the sandbox nature of the game and the fact that it just so damn big now. There is so much to do and trying to figure what to prioritize other than opening up the map is a problem for noobs. In any event I am glad I *@##$ed out loud in this thread. It brought out many of you in comments and shown me what a truly great community this one is. That is so rarely seen in a game this large and the only one comparable that I have participated in was with Grim Dawn, obviously a much smaller enterprise.

Edited by cmacq

1 hour ago, cmacq said:

LOL! Thanks for the tips. FYI I have already spent money on the game.

You're welcome. And so have I, quite a bit of money in the year I've been playing. And while I'm happy that they seem to be trying to listen to us, I don't think that allows me to demand that they changes the game just for me. I got all of the things that I paid for, and I will probably go ahead and buy more in the future. 

Re the back pain, yeah I know what it's like. I have a disk that likes to slip from time to time. I've done everything from those electroshock pads, to injections, to topical rubs with everything from menthol, to pain killers, and right back around to hot peppers. 

Re: the spy missions, build some ciphers. Put them in you gear wheel and you'll be able to bypass the locks. Likewise air support modules freeze the timers on spy missions for a limited time, but you can usually only use one in a mission. The only problem is to get to the blasted consoles, and since some of the missions include puzzles to get to the console it's a pain until you learn how they work. Next time you are stuck like that just hop in chat and ask for help in recruiting. You can usually find someone who's willing to lend a hand. 

The game is really made so that we can get around a lot of stuff. But it's up to us to find the routes. 

The wiki helps a lot, and as you've noticed other players are usually very willing to assist. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The wiki helps a lot, and as you've noticed other players are usually very willing to assist. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

Cheers and thx for the help again! Re:the wiki etc.: You would not believe the number of times I've typed "Warframe .......(fill in the blank) in the past month lol. Fortunately there is a lot out there to be gleaned, Quick question tho? Hot peppers for your back? Joking right? At this point I'll try anything. I can't even get into a car to go join ma buddies to watch the round ball final tonight.

1 hour ago, cmacq said:

Cheers and thx for the help again! Re:the wiki etc.: You would not believe the number of times I've typed "Warframe .......(fill in the blank) in the past month lol. Fortunately there is a lot out there to be gleaned, Quick question tho? Hot peppers for your back? Joking right? At this point I'll try anything. I can't even get into a car to go join ma buddies to watch the round ball final tonight.

Not at all. Capsaicin is in quite a few of the creams that I've got. Google capsaicin for back pain. Doesn't work so well for my back pain when the disc is flat out slipped, but the one I tend to prefer also has diclofenac, menthol and methylsalicylate. Basically olfen/voltarin with other stuff tossed in. 

But yeah, the wiki and forums are both a wealth of information. Next time just ask and you'll usually find lots of people willing to help. 

Good luck. 

On 2019-04-07 at 2:29 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

So your complaining about mission timers? Lol wow. Are u using a loot radar? That will help... Otherwise, if you cant handle timers... Theres few games you can play. I guess youve never played Nintendo's super mario brothers? Or atari centipede... Or, any type if game that requires any level of strain on the player? Ever play tetris? Probably not for you... 

Few old guys call themselves seniors... Your trolling

You’ve never played super Mario brothers, have you?

I'd cuddle a baby seal to pay 10-15$ a month for a Subscription version of Warframe that removes timers and makes it so you always have the boosters in effect,  doubles standing limits, and maybe adds a chance roll to get some amount of platinum along side the log in rewards.   10$ a month would be like buying the full Prime Access every/once a year which is more than most people could say they do.   If everything I just recommended was part of the deal I'd gladly do 15$.

They could get discounts on the Prime Access (As they have no use for the 90 day boosters,  plus they're already paying 10-20$ a month into the game).  Which would also encourage them to buy them in the first place on top of the subscription.  Even at half price that's a lot more sale than would have been made otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

I'd cuddle a baby seal to pay 10-15$ a month for a Subscription version of Warframe that removes timers and makes it so you always have the boosters in effect,  doubles standing limits, and maybe adds a chance roll to get some amount of platinum along side the log in rewards.   10$ a month would be like buying the full Prime Access every/once a year which is more than most people could say they do.   If everything I just recommended was part of the deal I'd gladly do 15$.

They could get discounts on the Prime Access (As they have no use for the 90 day boosters,  plus they're already paying 10-20$ a month into the game).  Which would also encourage them to buy them in the first place on top of the subscription.  Even at half price that's a lot more sale than would have been made otherwise.

I can see this creating a rift or division within the community

1 hour ago, Kingsmount said:

This would kill the game.

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎06 at 2:41 PM, cmacq said:

I am still not convinced there is any need for some of these timers anymore. I mean that bounty still would have taken me 10 minutes or so and given I can't get any more rep for the day, why would I bother? Just really wanted to have a look at POE given the new patch and all....

The timer is meant to add an element of "challenge" to the mission, as missions without a "Fail Condition" are somewhat moot in the grand scheme of things. Also, should the bounty bug you'd be stuck with that bounty until you return to orbit or town. (IE: Container spawns under the map or inside a rock/building...it has happened to me before.)

Some advice,
If you use a Companion of any type you should equip them with Animal Instinct. It makes all Lootables (Resources, Hidden/Secret Caches, Regular chests/containers) appear on your radar. It also stacks with Loot Radar and/or Loot Detector. But I've found the +30 Loot Radar to be significantly more than sufficient for all mission types.
It makes the Cache bounties laughably easy.

8 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

I can see this creating a rift or division within the community

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

This would kill the game.

You're being ridiculously melodramatic.   There is no further rift than already exists between grandmasters and old vets, even normal vets, vs new players,    vs those with lots of platinum vs those who don't,   CC/Ability lovers vs those who favor weapons that are just as powerful as said ability frames.    People who regularly get Prime Access and effectively permanently have boosters.

All this means is that it would give newer players a means of having a smoother gameplay experience and access to platinum they cannot achieve yet because they have to keep the things they get while vets get to sell it all.  Likewise older players don't have to craft as much just to progress and maintain their early game experience, which can feel oppressive as a new player when you've had your starting frame for a week without realizing how to get a new frame, and then waiting four days to get to use it.  And then realize they can't use it yet anyway because they need to buy slots.   Which they might have even used to rush the frame before the tedium burned them out from the game.

Edited by Kingsmount

vor 21 Stunden schrieb cmacq:

In trying to get to Europa and playing that 3 spy vault quest I almost quit. After trying it countless times some kind soul joined my open group and ran me through it like it wasn't even there. Bless you kind stranger! That is the kind of roadblock that should never be in a game. Once again my opinion and yes I will vote with my wallet to support that.

The most player friendly Frame to run Spy Missions is Ivara,
Get Ivara with Plat, get yourself the Infiltrate mod, max it up to rank 3 to be able to walk through the lasers aswell as getting 25% movement speed 🙂,
Get yourself a Maxed Flow Mod giving you 525 Energy Or Primed Flow giving you 744 Energy, aswell as lot of duration and efficiency mods to reduce the energy drain per second,
At 228% duration and 160% efficiency, i had a energy drain of 0.25 Energy each second + having 744 Energy with Primed Flow can turn you invisible forever. One thing is, that you cant sprint while being invisible while Loki can but his invisiblity isnt like Ivaras.

3 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

You're being ridiculously melodramatic.   There is no further rift than already exists between grandmasters and old vets, even normal vets, vs new players,    vs those with lots of platinum vs those who don't,   CC/Ability lovers vs those who favor weapons that are just as powerful as said ability frames.    People who regularly get Prime Access and effectively permanently have boosters.

All this means is that it would give newer players a means of having a smoother gameplay experience and access to platinum they cannot achieve yet because they have to keep the things they get while vets get to sell it all.  Likewise older players don't have to craft as much just to progress and maintain their early game experience, which can feel oppressive as a new player when you've had your starting frame for a week without realizing how to get a new frame, and then waiting four days to get to use it.  And then realize they can't use it yet anyway because they need to buy slots.   Which they might have even used to rush the frame before the tedium burned them out from the game.

Melodramatic? No... I just love this game. I dont want to see it destroyed. You in the other hand... Prefer P2W over actually playing. 

I’m not so young myself. I found the timers on bounties annoying at first but it doesn’t take much to git good.  Now I mostly fail bounties where I have to protect something, and even that is not common. 

For finding caches in the time allowed I just run around the edge of the circle.  There’s usually two around the edge and one in the most obvious “structure” near the middle.  The underground ones are more tricky, but I rarely fail if I systematically explore everywhere, listening for the cache noise.  You only have to find two because the circle contracts on the last one until the cache is usually right in the middle.

The only find items in the time limit that still causes me problems is the Orb Vallis find the four dead bodies bounty.  Sometimes they are all near each other, but often one is separate and they do not lay on the edge of the circle like other bounties.  Maybe there is a trick to it but I haven’t found it yet. I don’t think this one is even meant to be hard because it is just the precursor to a free the prisoners battle, yet it’s the only one I dread now.

19 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Melodramatic? No... I just love this game. I dont want to see it destroyed. You in the other hand... Prefer P2W over actually playing. 

Insulting assumptions?  Check.   That's the most nonsensical comment I've read all day, but in your defense I just woke up so starting the day off strong.

It's a subscription service to pay less to have similar quality of life to normal players who don't want to spend a smack ton all at once like the many people who get prime access and DE favorites that get free stuff,  the sorts who always have boosters going,  and the normal players who are able to sell relic content and mods that early players cannot,  which shuts us out of the platinum and ducat markets.

Platinum is not accessible to new players,  and new players are heavily slowed by the research timers in a very off putting way that turns a lot of people off.    Cute to claim it's p2w when it's largely just improves the starting experience in a non-competitive PVE game,  and makes it so you DON'T have to spend a lot more money on platinum in comparison.  Meanwhile as for timers,  they don't hinder older players much meanwhile they cripple new players.  An old player has to wait to use their twelfth mag?  You have a dozen other frames and two dozen other weapons to choose from, while the starting player has been growing tired and frustrated with their lack of options with just their excalibur and skana,  or their two or three frames and two or three weapon options.   If they're lucky they might have known about Free Sword to get a heat sword to play with.

Not to mention how cash cows can already be bled dry with the ridiculously overpriced Rush system.  But that's probably why they wont make it easier for others.

My only saving grace was Twitch Prime,  and having played enough to know I could enjoy it,  gambled on buying the 80$ Mesa prime access which payed off and I've no-lifed the game for two or three weeks now.   Between the two I was able to get through the new player brick wall and the end of the hump is in sight where I'm starting to get comfortable with the means to acquire stuff and do higher content in sorties, index,  eidolon hunting,  ect.

And lastly, waiting on timers is literally the opposite of playing.  That's Facebook farmville levels of engagement,  and actively puts people off playing the game until timers are done in many cases.

All that and all I gave was a potential example that would need to be refined,  and merely a suggestion for how the game could be made far more engaging for some who can't get into it as it is currently.    Timers could be removed for some things, such as for the things that take a minute,  but other things would just be reduced instead.  3 day timers become 1 day timers,  and they might let you find items that let you rush builds in-game,  items that might be available to anyone but the subscription gives you one a day alongside your log in rewards.   It's giving a lifeline to those who can't climb the new-player wall.  Of which I noticed a couple different walls when I was a fresh new player, all frontloaded into the first 10-20 hours with maybe one that pops up later (Standing limits, which the only change I'd recommend is make it so spending standing to acquire needed stuff doesn't take away from your progress to the next rank)

Edited by Kingsmount

I am very grateful for DE that they didn’t place a loot box monetization model with the addition of events that include special prizes or rewards if players spend on these loot boxes and must reach a certain amount of loot boxes to get these items.

Warframe is the only free to play game I have played so far that has made me feel to spend the game to support the developers, rather than feel obligated to progress.

Thank you for what you do, DE. 

@Kingsmount:

Hello,

First off: why did you pay for the Prime Access pack, when it can be farmed for in game(relatively easily). Secondly, platinum is not as inaccessible to new players as you might think. That is if you spent the 50 starting platinum on 4 weapon slots and 1 warframe slot. Those slots give you enough space to keep the basic weapons, and once you have mastered those; sell them and get new weapons/gear. The first new frame you can get is Rhino, which comes from killing the jackal on Venus. Would you want that boss fight to be locked behind a subscription? Or any of Warframe's content for that matter? As for the timers, most things take between 12-72 hours to build. Most weapons take 12 hours to build, and all you have to do is build it before you go to bed, and by the time you get back to Warframe the next day it will be finished. All frames take 72 hours to build, but you can always rush that with plat. Personally, I would not suggest this as it is 1. a waste of  a plat, 2.If you are low on plat( I only have 6 atm, and I am MR 15) save it or spend it on something else. 3.<insert reason here>. Timers are part of warframe's free to play model, you either pay with time or you pay with plat. Once you get used to timers, it is not a pressing issue anymore(at least until you get to the Equinox farm anyway).

However, I do agree that the new player experience is absolute **** , and needs to improve. I do believe DE has said they are working on refining the new player experience, and they have already cleaned up a few junctions in regards to that. As an aside, please do yourself a favor and farm Equinox Prime before she gets vaulted(unless you want to run the Tyl Regor boss fight 30+ times). Furthermore(providing advice now, not addressing your post anymore), the meta is not always the best thing for your playstyle, and I would highly advise using what gear/frames suits your playstyle. Otherwise, one shotting everything gets boring really really quickly, and makes 99% of the games content irrelevant. However, that is a discussion for another thread. Furthermore, for the Harrow farm: his blueprint comes from the quest, his chasis drops everywhere, his neuros-Kuva spy(you must have all 3 vaults retrieved for it to drop), and his systems-defection rotation b and c(try higher level defection maps for a possibly higher drop chance). Finally, derelict runs are a good way to make plat, and you should also watch iflynn's and other videos on how to make plat.

Thanks for reading, and if ya need help with anything pm me and I can see what I can help ya with.

@cmacq

Hello,

I hope you are enjoying Warframe. About timers, read my 1st post(above this one). About your back: have you tried icy hot? Now back to warframe: I would highly suggest running spy missions solo- that way you can learn the various layouts of the tilesets. Once you know those spy misisons will become easy for ya(I hope). If you have limbo , I would highly suggest using him as his rift allows you to walk right past lasers, without tripping the alarms. However, make sure to avoid/kill nullifers and grineer sensor drones. Make sure to use the wiki, and watch guides on Youtube regarding Warframe.