Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love the Game but a Serious Complaint

cmacq

4 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

Insulting assumptions?  Check.   That's the most nonsensical comment I've read all day, but in your defense I just woke up so starting the day off strong.

It's a subscription service to pay less to have similar quality of life to normal players who don't want to spend a smack ton all at once like the many people who get prime access and DE favorites that get free stuff,  the sorts who always have boosters going,  and the normal players who are able to sell relic content and mods that early players cannot,  which shuts us out of the platinum and ducat markets.

Platinum is not accessible to new players,  and new players are heavily slowed by the research timers in a very off putting way that turns a lot of people off.    Cute to claim it's p2w when it's largely just improves the starting experience in a non-competitive PVE game,  and makes it so you DON'T have to spend a lot more money on platinum in comparison.  Meanwhile as for timers,  they don't hinder older players much meanwhile they cripple new players.  An old player has to wait to use their twelfth mag?  You have a dozen other frames and two dozen other weapons to choose from, while the starting player has been growing tired and frustrated with their lack of options with just their excalibur and skana,  or their two or three frames and two or three weapon options.   If they're lucky they might have known about Free Sword to get a heat sword to play with.

Not to mention how cash cows can already be bled dry with the ridiculously overpriced Rush system.  But that's probably why they wont make it easier for others.

My only saving grace was Twitch Prime,  and having played enough to know I could enjoy it,  gambled on buying the 80$ Mesa prime access which payed off and I've no-lifed the game for two or three weeks now.   Between the two I was able to get through the new player brick wall and the end of the hump is in sight where I'm starting to get comfortable with the means to acquire stuff and do higher content in sorties, index,  eidolon hunting,  ect.

And lastly, waiting on timers is literally the opposite of playing.  That's Facebook farmville levels of engagement,  and actively puts people off playing the game until timers are done in many cases.

All that and all I gave was a potential example that would need to be refined,  and merely a suggestion for how the game could be made far more engaging for some who can't get into it as it is currently.    Timers could be removed for some things, such as for the things that take a minute,  but other things would just be reduced instead.  3 day timers become 1 day timers,  and they might let you find items that let you rush builds in-game,  items that might be available to anyone but the subscription gives you one a day alongside your log in rewards.   It's giving a lifeline to those who can't climb the new-player wall.  Of which I noticed a couple different walls when I was a fresh new player, all frontloaded into the first 10-20 hours with maybe one that pops up later (Standing limits, which the only change I'd recommend is make it so spending standing to acquire needed stuff doesn't take away from your progress to the next rank)

Your just trolling at this point. Done with u.

Is this a hacking problem? Or did you get found out in a spy? Spotted in a rescue?

other then that I can only think of survival. I mean you may not like 5 minutes and just want to go and go, but at some point it has to end and reward you..

5 hours ago, Hestia23 said:

I am very grateful for DE that they didn’t place a loot box monetization model with the addition of events that include special prizes or rewards if players spend on these loot boxes and must reach a certain amount of loot boxes to get these items.

Warframe is the only free to play game I have played so far that has made me feel to spend the game to support the developers, rather than feel obligated to progress.

Thank you for what you do, DE. 

They basically did with Relics.  Relics are basically loot boxes,  however they're a loot box mechanic done right and I can't think of how they could be done better.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Your just trolling at this point. Done with u.

At this rate you're just deliberately misrepresenting my point and obstinately refusing to see any other perspective.

3 hours ago, Corvette590 said:

@Kingsmount:

Hello,

Would you want that boss fight to be locked behind a subscription? Or any of Warframe's content for that matter? 

Timers are part of warframe's free to play model, you either pay with time or you pay with plat. Once you get used to timers, it is not a pressing issue anymore(at least until you get to the Equinox farm anyway).

What have I said that would give any indication of that?   That's jumping to negative conclusions and making really out of bounds strawmen that sound bad to discredit an idea, which may not have been intentional but it's fine.     Only what I said is what I said. 

A) Reduced and/or a way to bypass timers

Why- Timers are a primary source of irritation with the game for new players liable to deter would-be players,  and is a function of the game being free-to-play.  Naturally as FOR SUBSCRIBERS it wouldn't be a f2p game anymore,  they would be either not or less effected by timers.   

How- My favored idea is giving them consumable items that can be used to rush builds in place of plat,  and these items could be acquired ingame for anyone else too, subs might just get them from their sub.  Which I can imagine working like a secondary daily tribute that cycles through random odds of different drops ranging from a pack of 5-50 plat,  potatoes, adapters, discounts, and these consumable rush items.  Call it Time Vapors or something,  Chrono-keys,  whatever.   Could be stuffed with added filler like Oxium, Tellurium, Argon, Nitain,  ect,  in low numbers tailored as desired (by devs) to increase or decrease odds of plat/potatoes/rush-items.

B) A variable low level income of platinum-

Why-  New/Starting players need to keep the things they/we get from relics,  and mod drops.  We cannot sell,  plus in many cases don't know how to go about selling items.    This becomes less of a problem the longer you play the game as you start to get more duplicates and start getting rare content such as Maiming Strikes from the apostle event that you can keep in your back pocket until you want platinum.  

How- My favored idea is mentioned above,  a random chance of 10-50p, or something else.    As players of any choice of playstyle play more in the game, you get more comfortable with your ability to acquire plat as needed and in the content available to you.

C) Boosters like people who get PA get-

Why- The game seems balanced around people having boosters in the first place.     They undercut us in order to incentivize boosters as part of a freemium economy.  Naturally,  subbing means you aren't playing for free anymore, just like anyone that buys PA.  The same logic applying to giving posters to PA should coincide with subs.

How- Get boosters that aren't timed,  but are toggled on or off with their sub status.   You lose it if you don't resub the following month as you'd expect.

D) Increased standing limits-

Why- standing limits are crippling for low MR aka new players.   Then a a very side note, possibly getting PA at a discount due to already paying between $120-180+ a year and some of its perks being irrelevant to someone with the subscription, which is also more than double the price of a full priced whole new game and all its content.   And these are all nothing more than examples of what I'd like to see in one.

How-  I'd simply give subs a flat +5k standing limit which would put them up on equal footing to people who've played the game maybe for a month / are at MR 8-12 and by the time they're older players the +5k is a pittance.

Why:  To improve the New Player Experience and provide an option for those who would rather enjoy the game in a slightly different way.

How:  This does not effect anyone who doesn't want to subscribe at all.   If you don't want to subscribe,  you'd see no changes what so ever. It doesn't effect you,  except to see more players who weren't able to enjoy the game previously.   You might notice, if such a thing is implemented,  rush-items dropping occasionally that give you a convenient option to skip a build if you wish.  Otherwise you might notice a small ad for subscription in the Market place the same as you see with Prime Access and to Buy Plat.

And that's the last I'll say about the idea here to drop the subject and not attract any toxicity.   It's not as though I'm campaigning for this,  I'm just saying it's something that will make the game better for many people while others ignore it, unaffected.   It doesn't even have to be called a subscription to avoid stereotyping or toxicity,  but call it bundle or pack of some kind that you happen to be able to set a reoccuring payment for.

Edited by Kingsmount

25 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

They basically did with Relics.  Relics are basically loot boxes,  however they're a loot box mechanic done right and I can't think of how they could be done better.

because prime rewards in there can be traded, you can boost the relics to get more chance, and the fact that it shows which reward you expect to find?

On 2019-04-06 at 1:28 PM, cmacq said:

Oh man I wish it were a troll @Dauggiethx for the info didn't know any of that. Thx for the replies guys I'll just have to decide whether I want to repeat things till I get them or move on.

Don’t give up! Keep trying! I know it’s  hard but DE will see the feedback. They always listen! I remember the hacking timers were so short but they increased it so you have more time to hack consoles etc. they do listen to us. 

We need players to give feedback like this! Just, don’t give up. This game has come a long way!

6 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

At this rate you're just deliberately misrepresenting my point and obstinately refusing to see any other perspective.

What have I said that would give any indication of that?   That's jumping to negative conclusions and making really out of bounds strawmen that sound bad to discredit an idea, which may not have been intentional but it's fine.     Only what I said is what I said. 

A) Reduced and/or a way to bypass timers

Why- Timers are a primary source of irritation with the game for new players liable to deter would-be players,  and is a function of the game being free-to-play.  Naturally as FOR SUBSCRIBERS it wouldn't be a f2p game anymore,  they would be either not or less effected by timers.   

How- My favored idea is giving them consumable items that can be used to rush builds in place of plat,  and these items could be acquired ingame for anyone else too, subs might just get them from their sub.  Which I can imagine working like a secondary daily tribute that cycles through random odds of different drops ranging from a pack of 5-50 plat,  potatoes, adapters, discounts, and these consumable rush items.  Call it Time Vapors or something,  Chrono-keys,  whatever.   Could be stuffed with added filler like Oxium, Tellurium, Argon, Nitain,  ect,  in low numbers tailored as desired (by devs) to increase or decrease odds of plat/potatoes/rush-items.

B) A variable low level income of platinum-

Why-  New/Starting players need to keep the things they/we get from relics,  and mod drops.  We cannot sell,  plus in many cases don't know how to go about selling items.    This becomes less of a problem the longer you play the game as you start to get more duplicates and start getting rare content such as Maiming Strikes from the apostle event that you can keep in your back pocket until you want platinum.  

How- My favored idea is mentioned above,  a random chance of 10-50p, or something else.    As players of any choice of playstyle play more in the game, you get more comfortable with your ability to acquire plat as needed and in the content available to you.

C) Boosters like people who get PA get-

Why- The game seems balanced around people having boosters in the first place.     They undercut us in order to incentivize boosters as part of a freemium economy.  Naturally,  subbing means you aren't playing for free anymore, just like anyone that buys PA.  The same logic applying to giving posters to PA should coincide with subs.

How- Get boosters that aren't timed,  but are toggled on or off with their sub status.   You lose it if you don't resub the following month as you'd expect.

D) Increased standing limits-

Why- standing limits are crippling for low MR aka new players.   Then a a very side note, possibly getting PA at a discount due to already paying between $120-180+ a year and some of its perks being irrelevant to someone with the subscription, which is also more than double the price of a full priced whole new game and all its content.   And these are all nothing more than examples of what I'd like to see in one.

How-  I'd simply give subs a flat +5k standing limit which would put them up on equal footing to people who've played the game maybe for a month / are at MR 8-12 and by the time they're older players the +5k is a pittance.

Why:  To improve the New Player Experience and provide an option for those who would rather enjoy the game in a slightly different way.

How:  This does not effect anyone who doesn't want to subscribe at all.   If you don't want to subscribe,  you'd see no changes what so ever. It doesn't effect you,  except to see more players who weren't able to enjoy the game previously.   You might notice, if such a thing is implemented,  rush-items dropping occasionally that give you a convenient option to skip a build if you wish.  Otherwise you might notice a small ad for subscription in the Market place the same as you see with Prime Access and to Buy Plat.

And that's the last I'll say about the idea here to drop the subject and not attract any toxicity.   It's not as though I'm campaigning for this,  I'm just saying it's something that will make the game better for many people while others ignore it, unaffected.   It doesn't even have to be called a subscription to avoid stereotyping or toxicity,  but call it bundle or pack of some kind that you happen to be able to set a reoccuring payment for.

You entirely missed my point. There are free to play games out there that monetize players into purchasing x amount of loot boxes to reach a specific tier to win near end game items or other goods.

some people think being a free-to-play game means you have to waste people's time if they don't pay. Personally, I think that's really stupid. Warframe would still be making millions without stupid time gates. A game's point is to be enjoyable and waiting four days irl to get a warframe doesn't add to my enjoyment of the game.

Edited by lennieplop60

11 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

Guys stop complaining about warframe, DE wants to keep us happy and trying it's best to keep us entertained.

Just deal with it

Giving feedback (no matter how bizarre or amusing or just flat out nonsense) helps way more than "just deal with it."

What matters is the context and presentation of said feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-11 at 9:54 PM, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Giving feedback (no matter how bizarre or amusing or just flat out nonsense) helps way more than "just deal with it."

What matters is the context and presentation of said feedback.

okay jeez im sorry