Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More leechers because its rewarding.. something needs to change

THE_ZEEK

Leeching is just super rewarding in Warframe.

Isn't it about time that leveling up stuff can only happen with the actions and kills you make or skills you use to effect / hit or kill enemies?

Now leeching is rewarding, because you will get more XP the less you do.. that just doesn't sit well with me and many other players in the game.

What are your thoughts about it and how can this be solved so that the incentive and earnings of XP and resources are based on the actions/ participation you make?

• Like 4

leeching has been a part of xp farming squad, After the onslaught came. we no longer see those xp farm recruitment. you can always solo if you don't want others to get your affinity share. but if you want more enemy spawn, which is with the Help of other then you'll have to deal with it since others killing enemies also reward you. recruit chat exist for a reason use it, in public you're bound to find players who sit idle. although from my 3 years of experience its not that common unless you are in a XP farming node, 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, THE_ZEEK said:

yes...sadly this is the most rewarding option.

5 minutes ago, THE_ZEEK said:

Isn't it about time that leveling up stuff can only happen with the actions and kills you make or skills you use to effect / hit or kill enemies?[...] What are your thoughts about it and how can this be solved

Not easy to answer and I think that's why this still is an issue.

What is considered participation? How to compete against a Saryn, Maimquinox or ESO Volt with Trinity?

Damage is no option. So...what is activity? Walking? --> Would be like now!

Skill usage? Well...would be mostly the same. Mash a skill which doesn't need an enemy (because it has to be this way if there only dead enemies around). And again this would be leeching.

• Like 12

Depends.

If they're really afk, then yes it's annoying, e.g. when you have to go pick them up repeatedly and they don't move. Or if they're downright doing something else, e.g. conservation while you're on a bounty.

If they're just not needed because everything dies anyway due to some overeager people, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The latter happens more often.

• Like 4

"Hey guys, i wanna help out my squad and level Trinity... What do you mean only my Saryn or Mesa gets any EXP?"

That is why you should not just get exp for kills... Some frames are simply not meant to have high kill ratios. And others are meant to cause wide spread death and destruction. 

Leeching most likely spawned from the horrendous wait times/timegates and farming limitations, because people are sick of it all.

I accidentally "leeched" in a bounty yesterday. And by that I mean I accidentally joined, I guess, as soon as someone picked a bounty. I went to PoE to fish, on public, as most people do (seemingly) or whatever else people do. Not four bounties.

2 got all pissy because of that.
My reply? "well i didnt come here for bounties, I came to fish, not my fault"

They couldn't handle the truth I guess. Lmao.
Could I have helped with the bounty? Sure. But I didn't want to. That's not why I went.

Could i have left squad? Sure, if I wasn't the host, and if it wasn't almost near the end of the bounty. If I left, it would've screwed over everything and everyone.
They eventually left with the last phase remaining. Lol. All that work for nothing, oh well.

• Like 1

Leeching for XP is actually such a good and well established Warframe mechanic. I don't want to compete with my own team for XP. And it's not like there's a lack of players running around with nuke frames killing everything.

8 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Leeching for XP is actually such a good and well established Warframe mechanic. I don't want to compete with my own team for XP. And it's not like there's a lack of players running around with nuke frames killing everything.

Yeah agree 100%. If this didnt exist, top-tier players would prevent low-tier players from ever leveling up. Thank God DE did something.

2 hours ago, THE_ZEEK said:

Isn't it about time that leveling up stuff can only happen with the actions and kills you make or skills you use to effect / hit or kill enemies?

Now leeching is rewarding, because you will get more XP the less you do.. that just doesn't sit well with me and many other players in the game.

What are your thoughts about it and how can this be solved so that the incentive and earnings of XP and resources are based on the actions/ participation you make?

It's that way cuz they want us to love and help each other rather than be competitive against each other.

Otherwise Tenno would be arguing with the Mesa for stealing all the kills every game and causing tons of drama.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

the problem is that leeching can be done with just about any system, and there's somebody who will be shafted no matter what. activity based on damage? can't use Trinity and CC spam. based on movement? some people like being rooted to the spot and casting across the map. ability casts? wouldn't work either due to Energy-restricting modifiers, and Weapons only get XP when you use them for the kill.

while it would be nice to have a solution, and we should try to find one, the truth is that there isn't one, and there might never be one. the best thigns, we can do are not leech ourselves, and if you find one, report and move on.

If you "fix" leeching by reducing affinity gains for leeches then you make competition for kills / kill stealing a thing when it wasn't an issue before. Now you have changed the meta to reward ludicrous AoE and rushing even more so than it does already.

2 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

I accidentally "leeched" in a bounty yesterday. ...

... Lol. All that work for nothing, oh well.

I'm not sure that story is as "Lol" as you think it is. You should have quit and gone solo the moment you saw another player. Host migration on the plains isn't the guaranteed kiss of death it used to be.

I don't mean to pick on you. I must have seen a hundred of your posts on here and you seem alright really. Just this was an unfortunate situation with, what seems to me, a clear solution. Curious why you didn't do the right thing considering that you keep all your fish / nightwave progress if you quit.

I don't care about people passive-farming affinity beyond the obvious issue it creates where you have a bunch of arrogant MR20-somethings who don't have a clue how to play the game in any meaningful sense. The only type of leeching that IMO needs to be addressed is the sort where someone drops in to a mission that is noticeably more efficient/fast when everyone contributes and proceeds to AFK with a macro to avoid the AFK-detector.

In onslaught it's fine and worthwhile if you contribute in some way, like moving, buffing , healing, crowd control and trying to kill even when you can't do much, if you fully afk then that's 1 step away from a report and a likely warn.

While this doesn't sound bad, the vast majority of warned players quit the game afterwards, because the 2nd time it happens, it's not a warn, it's something that will prevent them from playing when they want, so they quit on their own terms and come back when their spirit is up high again due to an update.

Leeching anywhere else is pretty much ineficient gameplay, it seems like you're getting alot for your effort, but it's quite the opposite, the game heavily rewards players that do more, if you don't do much, your profile will reflect that and the grind overall increases on the most basic tasks, it's alwo worth noting that you won't be able to leech in everysingle game (due to lackluster players in squad), while efficient players are efficient all the time, so the gap with credits, resources, mods, platinum, endo and much more increases substantially.

If the leeching is done while being afk, then the efficiency drops even more and you essentially risk the account, again, a single infraction won't stop you from playing, but warned players have a tendency to stop playing warframe, even when the motivation is high and you learned from the situation, you are now tasked into playing missions you would otherwise simply afk, meaning the demand of gameplay will not please you at all, making you question the game and why you're playing it.

The grind that exists can be cut down by lowering the effort (letting others do things for you so you don't have to mentaly play the game) or increase the effort to cut down on mission time and multiply thr rewards. The latter one has a future, the other one does not and will contribute for the player to quit warframe, either on their own terms or by support saying so.

Always motivate your clanmates, play with your friends, because when they fall into leeching or afk behavior they won't last long.

54 minutes ago, Hamstertron said:

I'm not sure that story is as "Lol" as you think it is. You should have quit and gone solo the moment you saw another player. Host migration on the plains isn't the guaranteed kiss of death it used to be.

I don't mean to pick on you. I must have seen a hundred of your posts on here and you seem alright really. Just this was an unfortunate situation with, what seems to me, a clear solution. Curious why you didn't do the right thing considering that you keep all your fish / nightwave progress if you quit.

he didnt leave becuz he was host which means the other 3 were in HIS group he shouldnt leave they should  he was there first  and also  i had the host migration break bountys 3 times in a row yesterday  its still an issue

hace 4 horas, THE_ZEEK dijo:

theres something called invite only / friends only / solo

not everyone is going to behave according to your utopic expectations, even less in a public group

I really don't like AFK leeching. It's basically cheating at other peoples' expense.

Now, if I'm using Saryn or Ember I don't care if people play with me and bask in the waves of affinity. It's not their fault I'm killing everything. So, if they just want to goof around sniping or chatting I don't care. As long as they aren't AFK.

Given that there’s so many OP weapons In warframe, affinity sharing is kinda good to have. Otherwise Kill Stealing would become a real problem. Everyone would spread out and and it would no longer be a co op game. 

I don’t know how you would fix leeching except to allow reporting on it or some sort of automation to detect AFK and things like taping your buttons or something.

Imo leaching on stuff like hydron or other exp farms is perfectly fine. if someone wants to nuke the whole map as Mesa and get my experience for me I ain't gonna complain. 

The main issue is with vallis and Poe. Since afking is most common there and it feels horrible to do the work while someone goes fishing and mining. a simple fix would maybe be give a portion of the fish and ore collected to the party as a whole. Would incentivise groups to have one person do the bounty while the rest fish and mine.