Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More leechers because its rewarding.. something needs to change

THE_ZEEK

4 hours ago, Sekan said:

"Hey guys, i wanna help out my squad and level Trinity... What do you mean only my Saryn or Mesa gets any EXP?"

That is why you should not just get exp for kills... Some frames are simply not meant to have high kill ratios. And others are meant to cause wide spread death and destruction. 

This is solved very easily. You already get 50% affinity from weapon kills once a weapon is maxed its affinity should go mainly towards something that isn't leveled and once everything is leveled each respective piece contributes to its focus lens exp mainly or only. If you have multiple unleveled then you can split it with the frame having priority.

or

You can give people complete control with how their exp is distributed (ie: 50% of all exp goes to my warframe, 25% primary, 25% secondary, 0% melee or 100% Warframe 0% everything else) and remove the fact that sharing exp is far better than actively getting exp unless you're a nuke.

You avoid leaching when you don't revive people. Try axi survivals, full of people dying after 5 seconds because they bring crappy gear for leveling. I run over them jumping over their bodies without reviving them. My name is not Jesus Christ...

Edited by bibmobello

8 hours ago, Hamstertron said:

I'm not sure that story is as "Lol" as you think it is. You should have quit and gone solo the moment you saw another player. Host migration on the plains isn't the guaranteed kiss of death it used to be.

I don't mean to pick on you. I must have seen a hundred of your posts on here and you seem alright really. Just this was an unfortunate situation with, what seems to me, a clear solution. Curious why you didn't do the right thing considering that you keep all your fish / nightwave progress if you quit.

I suppose you're right, I'm not really sure, to me it seems like a moral gray area, but I'm open to critique. Good insight, thank you. And the plains migrations arent that bad anymore? Hmmmm....idk if I would wanted to have risked it anyway though.

Nah it's okay you're not being mean about what you're saying so I'm open to what you have to say, no worries. But about doing the right thing.....maybe you're right. For reasons that I can't say here, I for some reason thought I wouldn't get the rewards if I was far enough away and half-zoned out. If you need to know I can DM you but it's really not, idk.

P.S. not sure if you noticed but I mentioned that I became the host, so if I left that also would've screwed people over.

Thank you for the reply!

8 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

I don't care about people passive-farming affinity

Amen! This is why I try and slow down and stick with fellow Tenno. Anything to help reduce the grind for other players by helping them level faster.

8 hours ago, Purrfessor said:

i had the host migration break bountys 3 times in a row yesterday  its still an issue

Damn that does not sound hopeful lol

18 hours ago, Hamstertron said:

I'm not sure that story is as "Lol" as you think it is. You should have quit and gone solo the moment you saw another player. Host migration on the plains isn't the guaranteed kiss of death it used to be.

I don't mean to pick on you. I must have seen a hundred of your posts on here and you seem alright really. Just this was an unfortunate situation with, what seems to me, a clear solution. Curious why you didn't do the right thing considering that you keep all your fish / nightwave progress if you quit.

Sorry, hard disagree from me on this. If someone is in free roam on the Plains and decides to start an incursion, nobody else is required to join them. 

If they wanted to do bounties, they could have chosen one in Cetus and been paired with likeminded people. @IllogicalLogic420 didn't do anything wrong if what he said is true, and if they were upset with him for not helping out, they were wrong. 

It would be like insisting that he needs to stop fishing for glappids and start fishing for murkrays. 

Meanwhile on the opposite end of the spectrum, I really don’t mind leeches and like to help people level. Nine times out of ten it just kind of happens anyway. I don’t expect others to keep up with my numbers, especially if they are leveling gear.

If it were like bounties (not free roam) and someone was off fishing or whatever even though everyone else was there to do the bounty, that’s a little different but... can’t control what other people choose to do. If it bothers you so much, “leave squad” is an option.

I never really got why warframe distributes affinity the way it does. It feels kinda random tbh. And in some cases
- like levelling sentinels it even forces you to leech (unless u don't care about the level of your sentinel), cuz those companions - for some very weird reason that I don't understand - don't get ANY affinity if YOU kill a mob.
- it's just better to leech, as is the case if you level weapons. cuz in that case, 75% of the affinity from kills your teammates do, go towards (all) your weapon/-s. Whereas if YOU kill mobs the affinity is split 50/50 between your frame and that 1(!) weapon you used for the killing blow.

Where is the logic in that?

The only case where it's better (while levelling) to kill stuff yourself, if if you level your warframe.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it is good to do sth against "kill-stealing" affinity, but why not distribut the affinity evenly?

- I kill sth? I share 100% of the affinity with my teammates, my pet, and evenly divided between warframe and weapons.

- You kill sth? I get 100% of the shared affinity and split it evenly between my warframe and weapons, plus my pet gets 100% of the affinity as well and splits it between weapon(if equipped) and - ya - the sentinel

and with evenly I mean evenly. So if i got 1 weapon its a 50/50 split, if I got 2 weapons it's a 33/33/33 split and if I happen to have all 3 weapons it's a 25/25/25/25 split.

Edited by umadgurl
  • Like 1

I hate Nuke frames in none nuke needed missions more. Man the game becomes a drag when there is nothing to do.

Any one remember the barred debt and when you got a nuke frame on your team....... I feel like when that happens you should be allowed to go mine while they do it for you.

On 2019-04-06 at 2:46 PM, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Could i have left squad? Sure, if I wasn't the host, and if it wasn't almost near the end of the bounty. If I left, it would've screwed over everything and everyone.
They eventually left with the last phase remaining. Lol. All that work for nothing, oh well.

You should have left the squad. What happens then will just be host migration, I don't see how it "screwed over everything and everyone".

They have every reason to be pissed honestly. What you did is a $&*^ move. Though I won't be angry in their position (playing a multiplayer game means having to deal with jerks sometimes, it's part of it) and just leave ASAP after the quest is over. 

• Like 1

What is leeching really? .I mean AFK is pretty obvious. i used to solo mostly but have been playing in random groups for a while to crack open my relics .Sometimes i get into groups who are obviously higher end players and they kill everything and fast, ..i feel like im firing a popgun (Excal @ MR8 right now and @Jupiter) but try my best and when i run around collecting dropped loot (and none of them seem to be interested in picking up -- picked up a Dread from godknows what dropped from) i feel a bit guilty but what can i do? 

• Like 2

On 2019-04-07 at 1:57 AM, THE_ZEEK said:

Leeching is just super rewarding in Warframe.

Isn't it about time that leveling up stuff can only happen with the actions and kills you make or skills you use to effect / hit or kill enemies?

Now leeching is rewarding, because you will get more XP the less you do.. that just doesn't sit well with me and many other players in the game.

What are your thoughts about it and how can this be solved so that the incentive and earnings of XP and resources are based on the actions/ participation you make?

You take away leeching and all the people that ALREADY hate Saryn and Mesa will be galvanised. Even though with this current system, you earn more XP if Saryn or Mesa kill stuff for you, they are HATED by a vast majority of the community.

So no, please don’t change it. I don’t want to get abused even more.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

4 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I hate Nuke frames in none nuke needed missions more. Man the game becomes a drag when there is nothing to do.

Any one remember the barred debt and when you got a nuke frame on your team....... I feel like when that happens you should be allowed to go mine while they do it for you.

This is exactly what my response was about.

People hate Saryn and Mesa already, imagine if they didn’t even get xp for our kills?

Leachers don't bother me that much, even players that just AFK so long as I'm not waiting at extract. Now what drives me crazy, are the quitters. The ones that cause host migrations. The ones that cause crashes and returning to main menus. The ones that negate the time spent because they rage quit, or get bored, or jointed endless mission to play one rotation. I wish something could be done about that. Little spastiks.

• Like 1

"But there's always someone bringing nuke frame", right...

People actually killing stuff on Hydron is getting lesser and lesser. Nowadays on average I get at least 2 people doing 0 kills/damage. Won't be long before you get 3 AFKer every time and Hydron won't be the reliable farming spot anymore because no one wants to kill anything.

Leeching...

Leeching in a coop game in which you dont even compete for ressources because they spawn for everyone...

Maybe it can be annoying for eidolon hunt but, even in this..., honestly i dont give a sh*t.

Because, from some level you can do almost everything solo and leeching dont take anything from me.

If a guy like to afk during all the mission, it's lame, but it's  not my poblem.

So no rage for leechers.

The host migration is far worse.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

I have no problem playing with people that never move in defense mission but actually kill stuff by spamming abilities as they still make the mission to go on faster and I get some affinity from their kills, but, If I see an afk moron that literally just stand without dealing any damage and then dies again and again and again, I just don't revive them - they lose affinity on death and basically get almost nothing in the end.

I also pull off $&*^ moves on Orb Vallis when I notice that other people just farm bounty rewards without participating - I start next part of bounty and then leave the squad just to make sure they have chance to fail bounty because of mission abandoning - this is even more spectacular when I turn out to be host (happens most of the time) so there is also a chance that they DC on my leave. Not sure if it really hurts them but it makes me feel better.

DE most likely can't help with leeching in any way though. So just have to act like $&*^ whenever I see $&*^s in my party and feel good about it.

33 minutes ago, SgtHotPepper said:

Maybe it can be annoying for eidolon hunt but, even in this..., honestly i dont give a sh*t.

Because, from some level you can do almost everything solo and leeching dont take anything from me.

Eeeh. Leeching on Eidolons is the only place where leeching is actually a problem. I mean I don't mind people doing nothing, but if they need rez every 15 seconds and can't slot a shard for 5 minutes it's a problem you can't solo.

I mean come on, at least read up on dolan stuff before you queue for tridolons. Screw that, at least do some teralyst runs before queueing for a tricap, because bringing a loki with a boltor and dying to every energy spike is annoying for me and should quite frankly be embarassing for you.

Rest of the time you can AFK to your hearts content provided, again, that you aren't dying on cooldown. More people in a squad is more stuff to shoot is more fun.

il y a 4 minutes, lnfine a dit :

Eeeh. Leeching on Eidolons is the only place where leeching is actually a problem. I mean I don't mind people doing nothing, but if they need rez every 15 seconds and can't slot a shard for 5 minutes it's a problem you can't solo.

I mean come on, at least read up on dolan stuff before you queue for tridolons. Screw that, at least do some teralyst runs before queueing for a tricap, because bringing a loki with a boltor and dying to every energy spike is annoying for me and should quite frankly be embarassing for you.

Rest of the time you can AFK to your hearts content provided, again, that you aren't dying on cooldown. More people in a squad is more stuff to shoot is more fun.

Exactly !!😀

14 hours ago, umadgurl said:

I never really got why warframe distributes affinity the way it does. It feels kinda random tbh. And in some cases
- like levelling sentinels it even forces you to leech (unless u don't care about the level of your sentinel), cuz those companions - for some very weird reason that I don't understand - don't get ANY affinity if YOU kill a mob.
- it's just better to leech, as is the case if you level weapons. cuz in that case, 75% of the affinity from kills your teammates do, go towards (all) your weapon/-s. Whereas if YOU kill mobs the affinity is split 50/50 between your frame and that 1(!) weapon you used for the killing blow.

Where is the logic in that?

The only case where it's better (while levelling) to kill stuff yourself, if if you level your warframe.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it is good to do sth against "kill-stealing" affinity, but why not distribut the affinity evenly?

- I kill sth? I share 100% of the affinity with my teammates, my pet, and evenly divided between warframe and weapons.

- You kill sth? I get 100% of the shared affinity and split it evenly between my warframe and weapons, plus my pet gets 100% of the affinity as well and splits it between weapon(if equipped) and - ya - the sentinel

and with evenly I mean evenly. So if i got 1 weapon its a 50/50 split, if I got 2 weapons it's a 33/33/33 split and if I happen to have all 3 weapons it's a 25/25/25/25 split.

This is the main problem, which I'm sure had been mentioned long ago. I have nothing against leechers, in fact they make more enemies spawn, which means more affinity, which should be good, right? Except the fact that killing those enemies myself means I get less (or literally nothing if I used my warframe skill), and the best way for me to gain affinity is by doing absolutely nothing. In a random public everyone wants the best for themselves, and this ends up with nobody actually doing anything expecting others to do the kill. I know DE wanted us to actually use the weapons to master but at the moment that's not even slightly the case, as people simply hydroned everything until max before actually using them anyway.

Not taking a jab at anyone but I never ever meet a "leecher" or "afker" in a normal mission, as in dying repeatedly without doing anything. I don't even think those kind of leechers exist other than in some people's imagination. On bounties or Eidolons or Profit Taker, maybe (just them showing up with 1 or 2% damage dealt), but never on missions or even sorties. Must be my luck but I'd rather have those kind of leechers than the ones in hydron, which is not actually afk but simply refuse to kill anything, which again by the previous paragraph I really can't blame them for doing so.

8 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

What is leeching really? .I mean AFK is pretty obvious. i used to solo mostly but have been playing in random groups for a while to crack open my relics .Sometimes i get into groups who are obviously higher end players and they kill everything and fast, ..i feel like im firing a popgun (Excal @ MR8 right now and @Jupiter) but try my best and when i run around collecting dropped loot (and none of them seem to be interested in picking up -- picked up a Dread from godknows what dropped from) i feel a bit guilty but what can i do? 

There is nothing wrong with this. You are doing your best to enjoy and play the game. If more powerful players are causing good loot to drop, go pick it up. They can survive without your help for a few minutes so just take advantage of the situation and enjoy it. This isn't even leeching in my opinion as you are an active participant.

Some people might appear as leeching simply because they joined a low level mission and someone with a Mesa Prime waltzes in with an Ignis Wraith/Opticor Vandal and a few other end-game things. There needs to be a way to differentiate that, sometimes folk can just simply kill stuff before anyone else has the chance to open fire.

On 2019-04-06 at 5:21 PM, Lutesque said:

This happened to me in today's Sortie... from now on il just do stop and let the Defense Target die.

For some reason I get this a lot with spy sorties... seems like Tenno just run around and try not to solve a puzzle. I know one player is out of luck, but I’ve had problems with all three on a fair number of occasions. I’ll wait for five minutes before chatting them to try a puzzle... I don’t care if we fail by their attempt. I want them involved...

Leeching most likely spawned from the horrendous wait times/timegates and farming limitations, because people are sick of it all.

I accidentally "leeched" in a bounty yesterday. And by that I mean I accidentally joined, I guess, as soon as someone picked a bounty. I went to PoE to fish, on public, as most people do (seemingly) or whatever else people do. Not four bounties.

2 got all pissy because of that.
My reply? "well i didnt come here for bounties, I came to fish, not my fault"

They couldn't handle the truth I guess. Lmao.
Could I have helped with the bounty? Sure. But I didn't want to. That's not why I went.

Could i have left squad? Sure, if I wasn't the host, and if it wasn't almost near the end of the bounty. If I left, it would've screwed over everything and everyone.
They eventually left with the last phase remaining. Lol. All that work for nothing, oh well.

I’m not sure I’m understanding you... did you select a bounty by accident or did you go into the world and others selected a bounty and you did not but you were the host?

Leeching most likely spawned from the horrendous wait times/timegates and farming limitations, because people are sick of it all.

I accidentally "leeched" in a bounty yesterday. And by that I mean I accidentally joined, I guess, as soon as someone picked a bounty. I went to PoE to fish, on public, as most people do (seemingly) or whatever else people do. Not four bounties.

2 got all pissy because of that.
My reply? "well i didnt come here for bounties, I came to fish, not my fault"

They couldn't handle the truth I guess. Lmao.
Could I have helped with the bounty? Sure. But I didn't want to. That's not why I went.

I’m not sure I’m understanding you... did you select a bounty by accident or did you go into the world and others selected a bounty and you did not but you were the host?

2 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

For some reason I get this a lot with spy sorties... seems like Tenno just run around and try not to solve a puzzle. I know one player is out of luck, but I’ve had problems with all three on a fair number of occasions. I’ll wait for five minutes before chatting them to try a puzzle... I don’t care if we fail by their attempt. I want them involved...

Actually for me I'd take 3 Leechers over people tripping Alarms since even if it takes me forever to do all 3 Vaults I't still faster than babysiting that god awful defense target.... but yeal il have no issue with People trying either..... but after two Failures im leaving.